View Poll Results: What do you think about the new look Gold Coast?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - love it, bring on the Titans in 2007!

27 81.82%
  • UNDECIDED - not quite sure, I will get back to you.

4 12.12%
  • NO - I did not vote for the Titans

2 6.06%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

They description of the logo on NRL.com is a great one:

Burns said, ?Essentially a Titan is an ?imaginary being? so we have the opportunity of making it whatever we want it to be. We will explore the characterisation of the Titan through the size and strength of a Mythological Gladiator ? super hero type. This is just the first step in what will be a long journey for the branding of the ?Titans?.

The logo is inspired by the spirit of the modern day TITAN. Simple clean
    lines - modern but striking ? are reflected in the TITAN logo. Use of an international trend of colour blocking, graded effects and simplistic modern silhouettes gives it a cutting edge feel.

The colours encompass the heritage of the Gold Coast with use of sea (blue) sun (yellow) and sand (fawn) as well as bronze for the armour, grey for the steel swords and black represents a rock solid foundation and strength.

The combination of the two swords positioned behind the name and the helmet and armour add a disposition of strength to the logo.

Burns said, ?We wanted to ensure the colours represented the Gold Coast and that the logo, when lined up against the other 15 clubs in the NRL, is worthy of inclusion amongst what are some of the best and most successful brands in Australian sport.?

The Most Beautiful City In The World...Melbourne!!!

Thumbs up

Well being a Melbourne Storm supporter I am all for nationalisation of the NRL. This is going to be possibly THE best move that the NRL has made in a while. The logo is fantastic, the jersey looks like it will be a winner on and off the field and more importantly the Titans look like fielding a 1st class outfit to compete from the beginning...

I have happily adopted the Titans as my 2nd team already and can't wait for the 2007 season to kick-off...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    How'd you get involved with the Titans DeeGan?
    Long story...

In the end it came down to a passionate, persistant Gold Coast rugby league fan who just had to contribute to his team and make it a [art of his life long journey that was stalled for 7 seasons due to the Super League war. I wanted to be part of the team and in my own small way contribute to the effort.

I contacted Stephen Burns, met with him and a few of his colleagues and the rest is history

Thought I would bring a topic from the 'vault' and see what some of the new(ish) members, and those members who weren't here on day 1/2, thought of the Titans name. Personally, I was hoping for the Pirates, but the Titans has grown on me.

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

Yeah I was hoping for pirates too, but any one of them would have been awesome IMO. Thanks Steelers.
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

When I initially heard that the name would be Titans I thought it was stupid. I had thought it was a case of some numbskull executives picking the name of a US franchise and applying it here (see Mariners, etc).

Now I'm more aware of the consulting period behind the choice of name. It might not be my favourite, but the fans chose it and that is the most important thing.

I can see there being some confusion about what a titan really is... eg - mythical giant or a gladiator type character.

The Titans moniker is really growing into a strong brand. I think it will be a strong indentifyer in the years to come!