View Poll Results: What do you think about the new look Gold Coast?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - love it, bring on the Titans in 2007!

27 81.82%
  • UNDECIDED - not quite sure, I will get back to you.

4 12.12%
  • NO - I did not vote for the Titans

2 6.06%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Fan Opinion: What do you think about the new look Gold Coast?

Fan Opinion: What do you think about the new look Gold Coast?

Well the hoopla is over and the Gold Coast Titans name has been confirmed ending alot of speculation from newspapers and un-official Rugby League sites/forums who were striving for the 'scoop'.

We want to know what you, the fans, think about the latest team to enter the NRL competition representing the Gold Coast once more!

Do you like the name? What about the team colours? Is the logo what you expected?

Please take a moment to post your thoughts on the why or why not your for the new Titans name and please vote in the poll option as well.

Let us know what you think about your Gold Coast Titans!

Cheers

DeeGan
    Last edited by Admin Team; 22-09-05 at 05:28 PM.

The logo, the colours and the name are all fantastic. It is a fantastic brand.

I do have reservations about the similarity to the Valleys Diehards. Queensland's oldest (1907), proudest and most successful (24 Premierships) club. I didn't think the Gold Coast would trend on that kind of water after the Redcliffe saga.

But I have been waiting for and praying for a Gold Coast team in the NRL ever since we lost the Chargers. The Titans will do so much for rugby league in Queensland and inject some much needed tribalism and rivalry.

The Broncos won't know what has hit them!

I think in 2007 and beyond, all three Queensland based clubs will sit a top the NRL crowd averages list. With sell out matches at all the Queensland derbies.

Who remembers the big crowds from the Broncos v Seagulls matches?

The Gold Coast Titans are the best thing to happen to Queensland Rugby League in many years.

The logo and colours are a slam dunk.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 22-09-05 at 07:33 PM.

every thing done by this club since 2001 has been professional.

Other bidding clubs spat the dummy when things didnt go their way every time there was a set back this club turned around and up the ante.

I think Micheal Searle will be remember as a legend of GC rugby league.

Brilliant.

As Ive said on other forums this is the best logo in Rugby League!

Great feedback already, I have to agree with League Freak, we have the best logo in the NRL today I knew we were going to come up with something great, though when I first saw it I knew we had a sure fire winner on our hands. The merchandise will be great (don't forget to vote for your preferred jersey at the website) as well.

Cliffy GC, Michael Searle's legend was born the day he was told there was no decision made initially by the NRL in relation to the 16th team. Whereas some chose to spit the dummy, Michael went about his business with the team and impressed all with his 'never say die' attitude. Michael and the whole team involved in the bid never lost that will to win entry into the competition and we as Gold Coast fans are forever thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Great feedback already, I have to agree with League Freak, twe have the best logo in the NRL today I knew we were going to come up with something great, though when I first saw it I knew we had a sure fire winner on our hands. The merchandise will be great (don't forget to vote for your preferred jersey at the website).

Cliffy GC, Michael Searle's legend was born the day he was told there was no decision made initially by the NRL in relation to the 16th team. Whereas some chose to spit the dummy, Michael went about his business with the team and impressed all with his 'never say die' attitude. Michael and the whole team involved in the bid never lost that will to win entry into the competition and we as Gold Coast fans are forever thankful.
    spot on mate.

I still cant believe they got that huge crowd in the feb 2004 for a trial when it was 40 odd degress, if that didnt spell it out for the rugby league world i dont know what did.

I was a voter for the Stingers but the Titan logo is looking really good.

Im finding it hard to pick what jersey to vote on because its hard to judge from a drawing. The ones with the big T look pretty good though.

I am saddened by the news from Mick that Captain Charger will not return

He might make a cameo appearance in the crowd! Keep an eye out!

He has heard the Gold Coast are back and he is getting the tights out of the closet.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I was hoping for Stingrays/Stingers in keeping with the originally intended marine theme but it hasn't taken long for the Titans to grow on me.

Just glad the GC has a team once again and this time they are here to stay.
    Forever

The logo is excellent and I've put my vote in for preferred jersey design.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Absolutely. They got knocked down and instead of getting angry and giving up, theygot back up, dusted themselves off and asked the NRL how to improve their bid and came back a year later.

Ironically if it wasn't for the NRL playing hard ball and Michael's determination, we would never have gotten our new stadium.

I am very proud to have Michael Searle as our CEO, very proud indeed.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 22-09-05 at 08:17 PM.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I think I described the logo better on another web site.

Its bad ar$e!

I used another adjective in there on the other site though. I dont want to be the first person banned on this forum.

Reading some of the first ever posts here is giving me goosebumps...

Fantastic support and if this is what type of fan we are going to attract here, the Gold Coast Titans are in great shape off the field as well as on!

Cheers

DeeGan

Titan CEO

the logo looks awesome.

i voted for the titans....happy they got the name.

the team has made some good buys so far looking forward to seeing how they go in 07

Ive yet to see a negative comment about the logo.

Thats a first for Rugby League!

Default Love it

I was dissapointed yeaterday when I heard the news that the Titans got the nod. I made a big push for the Stingers. BUT................... I'm over it now, love the logo.

Fire up you Titan *****es!!!!!!!