Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Arrggh Thorn!! Hmm I suppose his size wil be good, but he hasn't been the best latley.

Lil Lacey hahaha, hes such a champ, he provides nice creativity for us, and is perfectly capable,he can certainly do thejob.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

Well I am up that famous creek without a paddle of late with the tipping so I am need to look at one or two upsets over the coming weeks to reel in the leaders - this week, I am taking the Warriors at home with Webcke and McGuire out for the Broncos. There was plenty to like about their demolition of Wests and given the Warriors are not intimidated by the Brisbane aura, they are always a chance against the Broncos as past history shows.

Titan Club Captain

Apparantly tonie carroll wants to do some big hits on the warriors or some poo :|

I'll go get the storyyyy

Titan Club Captain

Default Carroll out to get Warriors

From tvnz.co.nz

Still hurting from being left out of State of Origin, Brisbane defender Tonie Carroll is determined to punish the Warriors this weekend as he tries to win back his Queensland jumper.

Carroll, Kiwi-born Karmichael Hunt and dual international Brad Thorn are playing for possible Origin call-ups against the Warriors in Auckland on Sunday.

With Queensland heavily criticised for lacking defensive sting and the intimidation factor in Sydney, Carroll's feared hitting power brings him back in contention for Wednesday week's must-win return Origin clash at Suncorp Stadium.

"Not being picked for the first game hit home that playing for Queensland is still really what I want to do," said Carroll.

"I was pretty upset I didn't get picked but my form wasn't on the board.

"It (missing Origin) has made me get that little bit fitter and get my body right."

"It means more now, and I'd loved to play."

Carroll, who played the first of his 14 Origins for Queensland off the bench in 1998, returned from England in 2003 because of his burning desire to continue his career in maroon.

He regained his prized jumper that season playing in two of the three games and played one game of the 2004 series.

He played the last game of last year's series but missing selection for the opening game in Sydney when selectors named seven rookies, really hurt the 30 year-old veteran.

Carroll usually doesn't say too much but he admitted he was annoyed at being denied valuable playing minutes against the Bulldogs last weekend, especially as he needs to convince selectors he's fit enough for Origin following an injury-disputed few months.

"I was pretty upset about being replaced last week," he said.

"I thought I could have stuck out the 80 minutes. My fitness has improved 10-fold and I'm going into games without any injuries which is a big bonus for me."

Despite the emergence of big-hitting back-rower Dallas Johnson, Carroll plans to regain his Origin jumper.

"They're bringing on the young guys now and I won't be too long before I'm pushed away I suppose," he said.

"I'm not just talking about playing another Origin (before that happens), I'd like to squeeze another couple of years in.

"There's nothing better in rugby league than playing State of Origin.

New South Wales coach Graham Murray said this week he was expecting Queensland selectors to turn to Carroll to add some punch to its packs which was badly pushed around in Sydney.

"Unfortunately it's not up to Graham Murray, it's up to the Queensland selectors and Queensland coach.

"I just hope they're on the same wave length and my name is in the team when it is read out on Monday."

Carroll knows he can grab back his Origin jumper with a dominating display for Brisbane against the aggressive Warriors in Auckland on Sunday.

The Warriors present similar size and power to the NSW forwards who bashed Queensland out of Origin I.

After a strong game against a Bulldogs pack which included NSW forwards Willie Mason and Mark O'Meley, Carroll can complete his Origin mission with some big hits against a Warriors outfit led by Queensland prop Steve Price who also needs a dominating game to hold his place for game two.

Titan Club Captain

And how do the Warriors have anything to do with who gets picked for S.O.O :dizzy:

I hope the warriors really do SMASH the broncos urdy:

I hate this game for the Broncos.

They play for some shield between the 2 clubs, and the Warriors have held it for a few years now.

Its the only piece of silverware in there cupboard and they want to keep it.

Expect the warriors to fire, and in a freezing cold NZ winter, the Broncos without webke will struggle.

Warriors to win
    28-20

I hope either way Hunt has a cracker of a game !
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

Titan Club Captain

My soft spot for the warriors always seems to come out when someone says they're out to get them!! lol

C'mon the warriors..win..MAKE MY WEEKEND COMPLETE!!

bronnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnncos!!!!!!!!! :satan:

LIVE ORIGIN DRINK XXXX BLEED MAROON
    FINEST STATE FINEST TEAM FINEST BEER XXXX

Half time Broncs are leading 18-12

8min in to the 2nd half Wiki scores his 2nd

New Zealand Warriors: 18
    Tries: Ruben Wiki(2), Patrick Ah Van
    Goals: Tony Martin 3/3
    Brisbane Broncos: 18
    Tries: Tame Tupou, Greg Eastwood(2)
    Goals: Corey Parker 3/3

FINAL SCORE

Warriors 18
    Tries: Wiki 2, Ah Van
    Goals: Martin 3g
    Broncos 23
    Tries: Eastwood 2, Topou, Berrigan
    Goals: Parker 3
    Field Goals: Lockyer

The Broncos led 18-12 at half time, but the Warriors came back to tie the game 18-18, before Berrigan scored in the 77th min

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos sneak home
    by: Aaron Lawton
    Sportal

A late Shaun Berrigan try has helped the Brisbane Broncos break their Ericsson Stadium hoodoo with a thrilling 23-18 victory over the New Zealand Warriors.

The Broncos, who have lost four of their last five fixtures at the Auckland ground, showed no signs of concern as they turned on a composed performance to regain top spot on the NRL ladder.

Despite playing catch-up football for much of the first half, a number of glaring defensive lapses by the Warriors in the latter stages of the opening 40 minutes saw the visitors lead 18-12 at the break.

An early try to the home side in the second half saw the match evenly poised at 18-18 for a lengthy spell before the Broncos turned on some late attacking flow to seal the competition points.

The Warriors opened the scoring in the fifth minute when late substitute Patrick Ah Van charged over in the corner for the first try.

Centre Simon Mannering, while being carried back ten metres by a number of visiting defenders, managed to flick a pass out to hooker Nathan Fien who shirked of a tackler before sending the speedster over.

The Broncos then squared things up in the 13th minute when Kiwi wing Tame Tupou sniffed out the try-line, his four-pointer stemming from a charge-down on Grant Rovelli's clearance kick by big prop Petero Civoniceva.

Following a quick play the ball, five-eighth Darren Lockyer, spying an overlap in the home side's defence, spun the ball wide to centre Berrigan who put Tupou over the line.

New Zealand responded shortly after when barnstorming prop Ruben Wiki had an easy run to the line just on 20 minutes, after Rovelli retrieved the ball from a Steve Price charge down.

However, a costly error by Warriors five-eighth Jerome Ropati in the 24th minute allowed the visitors back into the contest.

Heading into a tackle on the 50m line, Ropati lost the ball, which was recovered by Berrigan who raced away down the field before passing to substitute Greg Eastwood who scored in the corner.

The visitors then took the lead when another pin-point pass from Berrigan sent Eastwood over for his second simple try within a six minute passage of play to see out the first half.

The second half brought with it a torrential downpour but it did little to dampen the home side's effort.

Nine minutes in, Wiki scored his second try under the posts to restore the deadlock after a brilliant flick-pass from second-rower Micheal Luck.

After a long period of stagnant football it looked like the Warriors had regained the lead when Tony Martin went over in the corner on 59 minutes.

However, it was ruled the prolific try-scorer had been held up and the score remained unchanged.

Shortly after it was again the home side that made another break when speedster Brent Webb ran through the gap on the back of a pass from Price.

But the Broncos were there in numbers to provide strong defence which agonisingly kept the Warriors out.

Finally, in the 73rd minute the stalemate was broken when Lockyer calmly slotted over a field-goal to see the visitors take a 19-18 lead.

Barely a minute after the restart, Berrigan put the result beyond doubt when he evaded a tackle from Martin to dot down in the corner for the game-breaker.

good on the broncs they keep my perfect tipping going this week

Interesting stat for this game:

Only two penalties were allowed during the whole game, one to each team. And both were due to bad kicks.

Phew, I am so glad that is out of the way. Was a very shaky win!!!

Was impressed with: Parker, Eastwood. Lockyer and Seymours defensive efforts. Hunt was pretty good too. Lacey is a great hooker.

Dissapointed with: The mistakes, sometiems we looked unenthusiastic and no one wanted the ball. Boyd was alittle iffy, and Tate annoyed the hell out of me with all his sideway runnings sometimes.!!

Great try at last minute though !
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs