Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ridgey
    i think you'll find collingwood and essendon hold the most memberships out of all the codes!
    memberships don't judge a teams supporter base. im not a dragons member. just because we don't pay our club doesn't mean we are any less of a supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by ridgey
    i think you'll find collingwood and essendon hold the most memberships out of all the codes!
    I remember seeing on tv that the Broncos were the most popular team, i dont think it included memberships into the equation i think it was just a survey thing...........but anyways GO THE BRONCOS!!!!

The thing I don't like is the belief that if you don't play for the Broncos/Nth Qld, you are not a true Qlder. That is why players like Darren Lockyer and Shane Webcke have stayed at the club (partly). I heard it in an interview a while back.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    The thing I don't like is the belief that if you don't play for the Broncos/Nth Qld, you are not a true Qlder. That is why players like Darren Lockyer and Shane Webcke have stayed at the club (partly). I heard it in an interview a while back.

dont know who the hell would think that. If you are born there then you are a true QLD'er just like any other state.

memberships don't judge a teams supporter base. im not a dragons member. just because we don't pay our club doesn't mean we are any less of a supporter.
    maybe so but it's a known fact that collingwood and essendon are the most supported clubs in australia,out of any code.

Thats true, that is why we need more queensland teams in the NRL. But as we get more and more quality queensland players doing their thing for NSW teams e.g. Scott Prince we will begin to accept them as our own.

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    dont know who the hell would think that. If you are born there then you are a true QLD'er just like any other state.
    I heard Lockyer say that playing for the Broncos gives him a better feeling that he is serving his state more than if he played for a NSW team.

Titan CEO

I heard Lockyer say that playing for the Broncos gives him a better feeling that he is serving his state more than if he played for a NSW team.
    Yeah but you use SOO represent your team. the NRL isnt really about states etc. but i can understand where he is coming from.

Yeah but you use SOO represent your team. the NRL isnt really about states etc. but i can understand where he is coming from.
    The NRL (New South Wales Rugby League ) isnt about states? your joking

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    The NRL (New South Wales Rugby League ) isnt about states? your joking
    nahh..the NRL is sposed to be "national" but like you i also question that.

But the NRL is club footy so your not doing your state any disrespect by playing in NSW .

But the NRL is club footy so your not doing your state any disrespect by playing in NSW .
    If a true queenslaner had a choice between a queensland team and a new south wales team they would go for the QLD team, but there aint too many options im afraid

If a true queenslaner had a choice between a queensland team and a new south wales team they would go for the QLD team, but there aint too many options im afraid
    so ur also saying that you have to play for a qld club to be a true qlder. that is what i don't like.

Titan CEO

If playing with a team outside your state is going to pay the bills then ild do it for sure.

so ur also saying that you have to play for a qld club to be a true qlder. that is what i don't like.
    If you had the choice though, many players don't get the option to play for the team that they want. But im sure if they had a situation of either a QLD team or a NSW team, they would go with the QLD team.

If you had the choice though, many players don't get the option to play for the team that they want. But im sure if they had a situation of either a QLD team or a NSW team, they would go with the QLD team.
    if i had the choice, i would consider alot of things. who the team were, their success, the players with the team, the location (beach, city, etc) and competition for my favoured position. and needless to say, if i was ever offered a contract to go to the dragons, i would take it, even though i am a qlder.