Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Yeah I know... but that is what the radio said.. it was Hollywood and Zorba's show in Sydney... and they aren't normally too wrong... I really want to see St George Illawarra go well too.... ... even though I am a Doggies supporter...

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    Yeah I know... but that is what the radio said.. it was Hollywood and Zorba's show in Sydney... and they aren't normally too wrong... I really want to see St George Illawarra go well too.... ... even though I am a Doggies supporter...
    Im not saying you or the radio program is wrong..maybe they didnt take into account the dragons losses already?

doust has said the amount they are over is NOT over $250,000 ..so thats not too much to get rid off. Simms and a few youngsters plus the already leaving players should do it...ild think.

we need a list of dragons current top 25 and when their contract is up.

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    Im not saying you or the radio program is wrong..maybe they didnt take into account the dragons losses already?

doust has said the amount they are over is NOT over $250,000 ..so thats not too much to get rid off. Simms and a few youngsters plus the already leaving players should do it...ild think.
    That was never directed at you... just a general comment... sorry if it seemed that way...

Yeah, I think it is just below $250 000, but do you want to get rid of Sims and the youngsters who could be stars in the future, or do you get rid of one older player... i'd rather get rid of the one, that way you can build for the future... but that is just my opinion..

Titan CEO

That was never directed at you... just a general comment... sorry if it seemed that way...

Yeah, I think it is just below $250 000, but do you want to get rid of Sims and the youngsters who could be stars in the future, or do you get rid of one older player... i'd rather get rid of the one, that way you can build for the future... but that is just my opinion..
    Thats a very valid point. But the old players are also the ones that attract younger players to the club...the dragons have a good junior system and im positive they could find more juniors.

This is exactly why the salary cap needs a bit of tewaking. Veterans of one club should get a 20% reduction in thier salary cap value or something like that. if this were to happen, long time drag Lance Thompson could stay in his beloved 'Red V'

Thats a very valid point. But the old players are also the ones that attract younger players to the club...the dragons have a good junior system and im positive they could find more juniors.
    True. This can be seen by our performance at Jersey Flegg level. Winning the GF and beating Central Coast 102 - 0 along the way.

Junior Titan

Angry hmm who to release?

You know what people are speculating those forwards. however i would not be suprised if they sell matty head..... i am not sure how much he is on.. however there was earlier spec. that melbourne wanted him... anyway i think there is a half position vacant at the titans 2007.... hmmm good kicker in play... i guess he will go and maybe another couple.. i do not want lance to go.. he is a club man and a toiler.. very much like skando he deserves a premiership.... secondly bull bailey... he is their best on paddock.... and timmo another club man. thick and thin with the steelers. i think matty head and a few will take pay cuts all round to slot em in........it is true the dragons have to pay for their talent and honesty.

dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man
    You know what people are speculating those forwards. however i would not be suprised if they sell matty head..... i am not sure how much he is on..
    i dont really see that happening. they let firman go to keep head, and to let head go after 1 year at the top grade would just make them look silly. he is only young(ish) and is a future great halfback (may not be origin material but will be an awesome club player)

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

^Or maybe they'll keep the Hornby-Greenshields combo, leaving no room for Head.
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Original Idoit
    ^Or maybe they'll keep the Hornby-Greenshields combo, leaving no room for Head.
    I doubt that would happen, Greenshields is not a long term prospect, he only signed for a year and is most likely headed to the Titans.

I would think they would release Greenshields before Head or Hornby. Especially as he most likely won't see much First Grade next year with Head and Hornby both fit.

I would look to get rid of Jason Ryles.

Alot of money for a NSW version of Dane Carlaw.

Visit My Web Site At Its NEW Address: http://www.leaguefreak.com/

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by League Freak

thing is tho if you get rid of ryles....come 2007 they wont ryles and bailey and thats 2 of their best props. And thompson doesnt have alot of years left ethier.

Quote Originally Posted by League Freak

He is alot better tha dane carlaw, and jason ryles isn't a reserve grade quality player like dane is.

thing is tho if you get rid of ryles....come 2007 they wont ryles and bailey and thats 2 of their best props. And thompson doesnt have alot of years left ethier.
    exactly right