Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford87
    You guys miss the point Americans never portray the real story base solely on facts, it needs drama and above all hero worship and the good ol' red white and blue patriotic symbolism, this is a movie not a documentary, facts have nothing to do with it.cya. :satan:
    What's the point of 'basing' a movie on a real sitution, if it doesn't actually portray what happened? I believe facts should definitely be involved, even though naturally with a movie, it will need to be 'played up' a little.

Titan First Grade Regular

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_cow_girl
    What's the point of 'basing' a movie on a real sitution, if it doesn't actually portray what happened? I believe facts should definitely be involved, even though naturally with a movie, it will need to be 'played up' a little.
    Look if you want i'll give you an example, there is a movie called U-571 in that movie the americans claim it was factual and that an american destroyer in the north atlantic ocean had crippled U-571 forcing it to the surface and they boarded the U-Boat and found the Enigma Code machine and turned the tide of the war, one problem U-571 was sunk by an Royal Australian Air Force Sunderland flying boat in the North Sea, the allies had gotten the Enigma device in 1938 by the Polish Underground.cya. :disgust:

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford87
    Look if you want i'll give you an example, there is a movie called U-571 in that movie the americans claim it was factual and that an american destroyer in the north atlantic ocean had crippled U-571 forcing it to the surface and they boarded the U-Boat and found the Enigma Code machine and turned the tide of the war, one problem U-571 was sunk by an Royal Australian Air Force Sunderland flying boat in the North Sea, the allies had gotten the Enigma device in 1938 by the Polish Underground.cya. :disgust:
    Did the movie start with "Based on a true story" If they say that they can mix around with the truth a little. The basic story is true however it isnt portray exactly as it might have happened.