Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I think Locky will have a blinder - but that will only glossen over the probs he as at 5\8 for the Broncs. Locky deserves the chance as he is a champion, even if he is in the wrong position.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    WTF Rooney and Mason???

In the immortal words of one Miss Hanson - Please Explain???
    Please explain to me how Mason can have a poor season all round when he only played 8 games or whatever? The guy was injured most of the year and even when he started playing again, he was still injured.

Quote Originally Posted by PARANoIR
    Please explain to me how Mason can have a poor season all round when he only played 8 games or whatever? The guy was injured most of the year and even when he started playing again, he was still injured.
    he even said that he wasn't 100% and that the selectors should pick skandalis and not him

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

here's the official squad:

Australia: Trent Barrett (St George Illawarra), Danny Buderus (Newcastle Knights), Petero Civoniceva (Brisbane Broncos), Matt Cooper (St George Illawarra), Craig Fitzgibbon (Sydney Roosters), Mark Gasnier (St George Illawarra), Craig Gower (Penrith Panthers), Nathan Hindmarsh (Parramatta Eels), Andrew Johns (Newcastle Knights), Ben Kennedy (Manly Sea Eagles), Matt King (Melbourne Storm), Darren Lockyer (Brisbane Broncos, capt), Willie Mason (Bulldogs), Anthony Minichiello (Sydney Roosters), Luke O'Donnell (Nth Qld Cowboys) Mark O'Meley (Bulldogs), Steve Price (New Zealand Warriors), Scott Prince (Wests Tigers), Andrew Ryan (Bulldogs), Jason Ryles (St George Illawarra), Timana Tahu (Parramatta Eels), Brent Tate (Brisbane Broncos), Trent Waterhouse (Penrith Panthers).

ONE cowboy, and ONE tiger. imo this is just crazy. how could ANYBODY be named over Sing and Thurston.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    here's the official squad:

Australia: Trent Barrett (St George Illawarra), Danny Buderus (Newcastle Knights), Petero Civoniceva (Brisbane Broncos), Matt Cooper (St George Illawarra), Craig Fitzgibbon (Sydney Roosters), Mark Gasnier (St George Illawarra), Craig Gower (Penrith Panthers), Nathan Hindmarsh (Parramatta Eels), Andrew Johns (Newcastle Knights), Ben Kennedy (Manly Sea Eagles), Matt King (Melbourne Storm), Darren Lockyer (Brisbane Broncos, capt), Willie Mason (Bulldogs), Anthony Minichiello (Sydney Roosters), Luke O'Donnell (Nth Qld Cowboys) Mark O'Meley (Bulldogs), Steve Price (New Zealand Warriors), Scott Prince (Wests Tigers), Andrew Ryan (Bulldogs), Jason Ryles (St George Illawarra), Timana Tahu (Parramatta Eels), Brent Tate (Brisbane Broncos), Trent Waterhouse (Penrith Panthers).

ONE cowboy, and ONE tiger. imo this is just crazy. how could ANYBODY be named over Sing and Thurston.
    prince over thurston, but sing left out is silly. he fits both types of selection criteris (reputation and form). and how in the world did trent waterhouse make it???

Matt Sing should be there he played well for australia in the ANZAC test, and looking at this squad they are sticking with the incumbents, so he should be there. This team should represent the best players of this year, not the best players of last year, or the year before, or the year before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    Matt Sing should be there he played well for australia in the ANZAC test, and looking at this squad they are sticking with the incumbents, so he should be there. This team should represent the best players of this year, not the best players of last year, or the year before, or the year before that.
    that is why we need new selectors and a new coach. i, just like the rest of the league community, do not like the current way they select players for rep sides

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    that is why we need new selectors and a new coach. i, just like the rest of the league community, do not like the current way they select players for rep sides
    I dont think we need a new coach cause it seems that Wayne Bennet has lost most of his selection power. I am just assuming this as there are only three broncos in the squad . I think the selectors need a good kick up the bum to wake them up from previous years. This year Australia will have a hard time at defending their tri-nations title.

I dont think we need a new coach cause it seems that Wayne Bennet has lost most of his selection power. I am just assuming this as there are only three broncos in the squad . I think the selectors need a good kick up the bum to wake them up from previous years. This year Australia will have a hard time at defending their tri-nations title.
    nice stuff with the wink lol. did you see the news conference with wayne? he said "We (the selectors and him) talked this morning and decided we will pick the best players from this year and the players that have done it for us in the past". Matt Sing has done both of those! But I think Wayne has a bit more say then you think, because he probably deliberately doesn't choose too many Broncs because of all the criticism.

nice stuff with the wink lol. did you see the news conference with wayne? he said "We (the selectors and him) talked this morning and decided we will pick the best players from this year and the players that have done it for us in the past". Matt Sing has done both of those! But I think Wayne has a bit more say then you think, because he probably deliberately doesn't choose too many Broncs because of all the criticism.
    Yeah you can tell when something isnt right when there are only three broncos in the squad. But if i was Matt Sing i would be spewing

But if i was Matt Sing i would be spewing
    SO WOULD I

he even said that he wasn't 100% and that the selectors should pick skandalis and not him
    Whats that got to do with the question I asked?

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

How can somebody play origin, win the Dally M, win the RLPA award, and make a grand final and still not make the australian side?

He was the best player of the year out of anybody, he should have been the first picked.

Titan CEO

How can somebody play origin, win the Dally M, win the RLPA award, and make a grand final and still not make the australian side?

He was the best player of the year out of anybody, he should have been the first picked.
    Altho ....i think the dally M was dodgy giving it to thurston. He got 3 points vs the storm and he went missing for 70 minutes in that game. i also reckon prince was playing better then thursto when the SOO teams were picked.And ofcourse the RLPA award wont go to anyone other then the dally M winner...if they did then they basically saying your wrong. Dont get me wrong tho..i think he is a good player but there are better players then him and they were named.

Thurston is yet another player that was not included, it just makes no sense. He would be a great inclusion as he can cover many positions.