Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose
    If the Titans had enough doe to sign Ashton Sims he wouldn't be on the bench behind Maiava. This guy is the real deal and will command big money on the open market. Justin Poore is an okay option but would need to improve discipline in a new side. Disciplined players are a key for a new side as they try to gain the respect of the refereeing fraternity.

Thompson will resign with the Sharks and Johnson has already resigned with Melbourne.

this would be my shortlist from the players mentioned

Reni Maitua
    Nate Myles
    James Stosic
    Mark Bryant
    Luke swain
    Frank Pitchard
    Ben Creagh
    Ashton Simms
    Justin Poore
    Luke Stuart
    Evarn Tuimavave
    Epalahame Lauaki
    Dene Halatau
    Thats a wish list Super Goose and sims is struggling to keep his name in 1st grage ATM with the dragons where Hutch is a awesome front rower

Sims had been starring for the Dragons until he got injured a couple of weeks back and is the most promising young prop in the game with Luke Douglas now close behiind him. Maiava is a good prop but is an impact/bench player at best and has nowhere near the skills of Ashton - being a Dragons supporter Teegy I would've thought you'd be in the know about such things

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Sims had been starring for the Dragons until he got injured a couple of weeks back and is the most promising young prop in the game with Luke Douglas now close behiind him. Maiava is a good prop but is an impact/bench player at best and has nowhere near the skills of Ashton - being a Dragons supporter Teegy I would've thought you'd be in the know about such things
    Gotta disagree with you there - Ashton has had his moments but overall I would say he has not been as effective as I thought he was going to be...

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

i and alot of other Dragons fans at another Dragons Specific Forum all agree that Sims has had some absolute shockers and is beening challanged for his 1st grade spot by Charlie Leano and Danny wicks when Bailey and Ryles return sim will most likely be dropped to Premier League. im a big Sims fan but he isn't playing well enough to be in a class that you are putting him in

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy
    i and alot of other Dragons fans at another Dragons Specific Forum all agree that Sims has had some absolute shockers and is beening challanged for his 1st grade spot by Charlie Leano and Danny wicks when Bailey and Ryles return sim will most likely be dropped to Premier League. im a big Sims fan but he isn't playing well enough to be in a class that you are putting him in
    All I know is I can't stand the Dragons and generally support whoever they are playing against but when I've seen Ashton (which is probably not as regularly as you) he's been superb and I've enjoyed his contributions. He's only 19 or 20 isn't he?

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

yes hes only about20 but he wouldn't get a start in any team apart from South. he plays better of the bench. he has the Brillient game once every 5 games this year and last year he was average aswell

Halatau would be dead set brillinat for any club. Imagine him with dave stagg and maitua in the back row.

Sensational

Quote Originally Posted by brn2bwyld
    Halatau would be dead set brillinat for any club. Imagine him with dave stagg and maitua in the back row.

Sensational
    sorry i have to fix that he signed with tigers for another few years. updated offcontract players can be found here http://www.titans.com.au//forum/showthread.php?t=3843

good work bro
    we need some forwards like stagg/swain
    who are just work horse's
    then u need a few big boys to take the ball up

Ben Creagh Dean Widders Hutch Maiava David Stagg Mark Minchiello Aaron Gorrell

any of em would be good
    dean of the bench is prob one of the best players of it
    Last edited by patskE; 23-05-06 at 09:17 PM.

I like the look of Afamsunga and Henry Perenara. Both good hard players.

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

Mark Minichello would be a good 80 minute player. Would do his confidence the world of good to be playing in a winning team.

Ok so in The Daily Telegraph today it says that Craig Fitzgibbon is being linked to the GC Titans for 2007...

Yes I know every player is going to be linked to us... but the Question I want to know is where would we play him and do we need him.

He is a good player.. but we have 2 secondrowers and a lock already, and although I would like to have his experience... do you think he'd want to be a bench player... I don't think so..

But what do we all think.. should we go pursue Craig Fitzgibbon for GC in 2007

fitzgibbon is a great footballer but the money he would command would be huge, dont forget he and john cartwright are close if he did come to the titans i think he would be an asset imagine what he could show some of the juniors, a real champion both on and off the field a real role model for junior footballers go get him

id get Fitzgibbon if we could. lets face it Swain has been a bench player all of his 1st grade career and odwyer isn't the ideal 1st option for the 2nd row either. Fitz would cap of a good forward pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy
    id get Fitzgibbon if we could. lets face it Swain has been a bench player all of his 1st grade career and odwyer isn't the ideal 1st option for the 2nd row either. Fitz would cap of a good forward pack.
    i have to agree with teegy odywer and swain arent proving first graders i think swain will develop into one but odywer i am a little nervous about go get fitzgibbon he would have massive drawing power as well for juniors thinking of coming to the titans