Thread: friend

Default friend

good game so far
    just want to know
    can he kick?
    last few games i watched, i havnt seen him kicking it? when he comes to the titans it would be worth spending time to teach him as its very handle to kick from dummy half

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

Super Cronk will know the most on this one. Get over here ASAP!
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by patskE
    good game so far
    just want to know
    can he kick?
    last few games i watched, i havnt seen him kicking it? when he comes to the titans it would be worth spending time to teach him as its very handle to kick from dummy half
    No he doesnt really have a kicking game at all. I think ive seen him kick a few times...but he definately will need some coaching on that.

Also just a note...Friend made 57 tackles vs manly. Record for this season by any player. And just about 99% of those tackles were bone rattlers on much, much bigger blokes.

yeh
    if he works on his kicking game he will be an even bigger asset to help take of pressure of prince/cambell

i think we need someone like Aaron Gorrell or even Chris sandow to come on and provide that Attack from Hooker and Friend would be alright a a defencive 2nd row while the replacement hooker is on the field

i dont see the point of wasting that interchange spot when they can do a full 80 mins
    just work with friend, teach him and stuff so he can be a all round player instead of just a defenseive one

Quote Originally Posted by patskE
    i dont see the point of wasting that interchange spot when they can do a full 80 mins
    just work with friend, teach him and stuff so he can be a all round player instead of just a defenseive one
    You cant just Teach someone and expect it will work. Nathan was a defencive player as a junior, a defencive player in Senior grades and is a defencive player now. it would take him along time to change his style and start performing well at it. leave hims as a Defencive Hooker and have a impact player on the bench so you can give him a rest if needed

dont u think the half's will be doing enough attacking?
    he has a great pass to get it to em nice and quick but i saw last game he new when to have a dart out of dummy, asking question of the markers is wat u want
    just give him some work on his kicking game and i dont see y u cant have all forwards on the bench, with O'Dwyer sloting into the backline if there are injury's

becuase if you lose Campbell or Prince early then titans would be in big trouble early in the game with only 1 attacking option. having someone like Gorrell or Sandow would allow for a replacement that can inject some more attack into the team if needed

well if u get greenshields, get him up there and move odewyar to center moving one of the centers to wing and wing to fullback :P
    i dont know ahahah
    spose it up to the coach and how he wants to play and his game plan sorta thing

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

It's never too late to teach old dogs new tricks.

None of you can spell defensive properly.
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by The Original Idiot
    It's never too late to teach old dogs new tricks.

None of you can spell defensive properly.
    Thats right.

Its not like he cannot attack at all. IVe been watching him play for years now and he has certainly lifted his attacking skills up another notch(or another 10 nothces) Before he could only defend strong and you would get little if anything out of him in attack. But this year he has added a nice little passing game...he is running a bit more from dummy half...scooting out and catching players off side. And his defence has continued to get stronger.

If you have Prince and Presto in your side i think your kicking game is the last of your worries.

Whats that old saying? To many cooks in the kitchen. Having 3 main kickers, altho it sounds like it would be great, prolly wouldnt be the best idea.

If the titans are desperate for Friend to do kicking then im sure he will get in there and do his best to add that to his already increasing talents.

its just nice to have that option a quick kick from dummy half will catch em unaware
    most teams have the 2 main kickers with the dummy half as a 3rd option if need be
    its even worth teaching forwards to kick incase they get stuck with the ball on the last