Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Round 11: Sharks vs Bulldogs

Bulldogs vs Cronulla Sharks
    Telstra Stadium, Sunday 21th May, 2:30pm

Referee: Tony Archer

Team changes:

Bulldogs

- Brent Sherwin returns with Ben Roberts dropped to Premier League
    - Willie Tonga returns after a 2 match ban with Sonny Bill Williams moving to the 2nd Row
    - Billy Ngawini stays in first grade and is joined by debutant Jarred Hickey on the Bench..
    - Tony Grimaldi moves to the second row and is Captain for the side
    - Nate Myles, Willie Mason, Andrew Ryan, Mark O'Meley all out due to SOO duties.

Sharks

- Halfback Brett Kimmorley named in the number 18 jersey
    - Richard Villasanti will be dropped to premier league with Kimmorley moving to halfback.

BULLDOGS

1. Luke Patten
    2. Hazem El Masri
    3. Cameron Phelps
    4. Willie Tonga
    5. Matt Utai
    6. Daniel Holdsworth
    7. Brent Sherwin
    8. Chris Armit
    9. Corey Hughes
    10. Roy Asotasi
    11. Tony Grimaldi (c)
    12. Sonny Bill Williams
    13. Reni Maitua

Interchange:

14. Billy Ngawini
    15. Dallas McIlwain
    16. Brad Morrin
    17. Jarrad Hickey

CRONULLA SHARKS

1. David Simmons
    2. Darren Albert
    3. Beau Scott
    4. Phil Bailey
    5. Luke Covell
    6. Greg Bird
    7. Brett Kearney
    8. James Stosic
    9. Kevin Kingston
    10. Luke Douglas
    11. Reece Williams
    12. Cameron Ciraldo
    13. Paul Gallen

Interchange:

14. Hutch Maiava
    15. Matt Hilder
    16. Richard Villasanti
    17. Tevita Latu
    18. Brett Kimmorley
    (one to be omitted)
    Last edited by Titanium_BD1103; 17-05-06 at 08:42 AM.

I think (if fit) that Kimmorley will be halfback come game day.

Hhh!

This time last year or 2004 I would've picked the Dogs by 20, but jeez, haven't the Sharks been doing well? And without a chunk of our big name forwards...Though it's good to see Ngawini stay in the side, I rather like that kid. Also, it's a good sign that Sonny Bill's moving closer to the action.

It'll be a close game...The Sharks are in with a chance, but I think the Dogs will take it. Blue and White by 6.

It will be a super game... and we are promoting peace day with Cronulla..

I can't wait for it and may head out to Cronulla to have a watch.. ... I reckon the Bulldogs by 6-10 too..

I hope Shifty has a good game. I love seeing him play well but when he doesn't, he has a shocker.

Hopefully Kimmorley comes back to half with Kearney moving to 5/8 and Bird gets omitted.

Sherwin will be out for a big on to get himself back as a regular starter, so he could be a problem.

Its a big blow for the Sharks with Thomson out, he's been without doubt our form player for the last 10 rounds. Thankfully Gallen has also put in awesome efforts for each of his games back, and Luke Douglas is definately a forward of the future, 19 and looks like he's been a first grade forward for ever. Keen to see Villa as well. Although the Dogs got O'Meley, Mason and Myles out of the pack Asotasi, Armit and SBW are still there, so it won't be total domination from the Sharks pack.

For me its a no-name bench the Dogs are sporting so I'm gonna have to wait and see.

This is the best week to be taking on the Dogs due to Origin so I'd like to think the Sharks can carry on what they've bee doing and make it 5 from 5, but I think it'll be pretty close either way. Sharks by 13 or less.

From bulldogs.com

BULLDOGS VS SHARKS
    'POLICE APPRECIATION DAY'
    Sunday, May 21 at Telstra Stadium

The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs announced today that all police personnel will be given free entry into this Sunday's blockbuster game against the Sharks as part of Police Appreciation Day at Telstra Stadium.
    There will be three matches played on the day starting at 10.50am with a representative match between the NSW and QLD Police. This will be followed by the Premier League (12.30pm) and NRL (2.30pm) matches between the Bulldogs and the Sharks.

Bulldogs CEO Malcolm Noad said, "Everyone knows the important contribution the police make in the community, but we don't often thank them for it. This is a chance to recognise their efforts and let them know how much we appreciate the work they do.
    "It seemed timely to do it this Sunday as the NSW police will take on the QLD police in a precursor to our Premier League and NRL matches."

All police will be given free entry into Telstra Stadium, upon presentation of identification, to support their colleagues. In addition, friends and family who accompany any police personnel can purchase a $5 ticket.

Noad commented, "We encourage as many police to come along and cheer on their mates as they take on the Queenslanders and we urge as many Bulldogs and Sharks fans along to show their support, not only for their respective team, but for the police."

Rugby league legends Bradley Clyde, Terry Lamb and Mark Coyne will be picking an Australian police team after the NSW v QLD Police match. In addition, former top referee Bill Harrigan is coming out of retirement to officiate the game.
    Just where is this game being played?

The above says Telstra but others list it as Toyota?

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Titan CEO

Definately Telstra.

wow.... good line up considering our missing stars...

hope shifty has a good game... and i expect tonga to be on fire to make up for his judicary charges...

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    From bulldogs.com

Just where is this game being played?

The above says Telstra but others list it as Toyota?
    I listed it as Toyota... and it was meant to be played there originally... I got that from the NRL book I have...

It is at Telstra, it says on all the information pieces this morning.. Thanks for changing it..

Titan Club Captain

Hope Shifty plays well!!

GO YOU DOGGIES

Mason has been the leading light for the Bulldogs resurgence this year - He's not there and neither are the cornerstones of the pack Ryan and O'Meley so I reckon the Sharks will get them in this one. The Bulldogs side doesn't look too bad though with Tonga returning and this will be close. Sharks by 4.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

From SMH

Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes said Sonny Bill Williams would play against Cronulla on Sunday despite swelling to his troublesome knee. The Kiwi has only taken part in restricted training this week ahead of Brent Sherwin's comeback match.

Sharks halfback Brett Kimmorley is progressing well after his ankle injury, but coach Stuart Raper will decide today whether he will play. If Kimmorley plays, he will start, with either Matt Hilder or Richard Villasanti dropping out of the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy
    From SMH

Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes said Sonny Bill Williams would play against Cronulla on Sunday despite swelling to his troublesome knee. The Kiwi has only taken part in restricted training this week ahead of Brent Sherwin's comeback match.

Sharks halfback Brett Kimmorley is progressing well after his ankle injury, but coach Stuart Raper will decide today whether he will play. If Kimmorley plays, he will start, with either Matt Hilder or Richard Villasanti dropping out of the squad.
    Hope its not the Gorilla. Looking forward to seeing him back at the top level again! Always something happening when he's in the game. Wonder who'll take the drop outs Kimmorley, Covell or Villasanti. Villa used to smash them for the Warriors!

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Titan CEO

Noddy cleared to play

Cronulla have received a massive boost on the eve of their clash against the Bulldogs with captain Brett Kimmorley being cleared to play.

Kimmorley will start the match at halfback wearing jersey No.18 with controversial forward Richard Villasanti dropping back to Premier League and being forced to wait a bit longer before he makes his debut for the Sharks.

http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=25277