Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast

exactly. if you read previous posts Dakink and i asked Shav wether we were including pre JV.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    Of course, and if you want to be technical either were the St George -Illawarra Dragons

LOL might need to go back and read the thread... :!: :!:

The NSWRL has evolved into the current NRL. Take a look at any clubs history and competitions won for teams such as East, Manly actually any club that was in the old NSWRL are still credited with the premierships.

Unfortunately the QLD Cup hasnt evolved into the NRL, it is still a second tier comp, as is the then Brisbane First grade competition from which a lot of the Broncos came.

The original question was, when JAs was so into including part of one clubs history but not another, was do we include the Dragons as a club pre-JV or are we only going to argue after JV???

Makes a huge amount of difference to the success of the club.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Ok.. I am not going to get involved here... because I am not a Dragons or Broncos Suppporter.. and this your thread to rant..

But I will say this...

St George-Illawarra is proud of its history, and it should be... it is a great fine club.. with numerous grand final appearances since 1999 and before then St-George was a fine club.

Brisbane is also a fine club with many final appearances till 2002, when the end of an era occured and now they are starting to show that sign of presence again.

If you want to play with history look at this....

*St George was a team of the Late 50-60's... a whole decade they dominated and made their own... 11 premierships in a row from memory were done.. before Canterbury finally stopped the train..

*Brisbane won 2 in a row (92,93) and then another 2 in a row (97,98) and dominated the 90's... no one can argue that...

Therefore IMO, looking at that history... you are even... the 2 clubs are both great clubs with great history... and great wins and dominance.. I say you are on par with each other IMO..

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    Ok.. I am not going to get involved here... because I am not a Dragons or Broncos Suppporter.. and this your thread to rant..

But I will say this...

St George-Illawarra is proud of its history, and it should be... it is a great fine club.. with numerous grand final appearances since 1999 and before then St-George was a fine club.

Brisbane is also a fine club with many final appearances till 2002, when the end of an era occured and now they are starting to show that sign of presence again.

If you want to play with history look at this....

*St George was a team of the Late 50-60's... a whole decade they dominated and made their own... 11 premierships in a row from memory were done.. before Canterbury finally stopped the train..

*Brisbane won 2 in a row (92,93) and then another 2 in a row (97,98) and dominated the 90's... no one can argue that...

Therefore IMO, looking at that history... you are even... the 2 clubs are both great clubs with great history... and great wins and dominance.. I say you are on par with each other IMO..
    nice post BT311 i agree wholeheartedly

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy
    nice post BT311 i agree wholeheartedly
    So do I, but its alot funner to argue

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    So do I, but its alot funner to argue
    i know.

LOL what a way to shoot down a great and energetic debate!!

Its true what you say though, at seperate times in their past, the two clubs have dominated for periods of history...

That was the part that Jas wouldnt accept though.. The fact that the Dragons had a history pre-Broncos era.

Thanks people... I know you like to argue.. but I just wanted to show you both how great your clubs are..

Then again... next person who wins a grand final over the other will have the bragging rights...

so all the dragons can accept it but i will wait to see how the broncs fans react

Well both teams are even... but the Steelers 'successes' edge us past the Broncos

(Let the arguing resume )

that i dont agree with. how can 5 premierships equal 13. untill Broncs can win that many the dragons are superiour

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    Well both teams are even... but the Steelers 'successes' edge us past the Broncos

(Let the arguing resume )
    Nice work Steelers!!

That Panasonic Cup win (Wasnt it over the Broncos?) starts it all over again - deep breathes everyone..

Phewww!!

I would love to know Steelers what successes Illawarra had... (and that is not being offensive )

I loved the Steelers, they were like 3rd fav side... but they seemed to be like Norths... a good side that never won anything major..

Default Shav

Quote Originally Posted by [BroncosGirl]
    Is that meant to be why dont Broncos run junior teams? Because they do.
    Also, what do you mean stick deals for players they take, they hardly make big buys off other teams?

Its hard to compare history, because Brissy hasn't been in it that long, its safe to say both teams have done fairly well for the time they've been in the comp. Brisbane having the upper hand in the past decade or so.
    This is what i have been trying to tell them, if you want to compare the 2 clubs you can only go from 1988 when Brisbane came into the comp, im sure they would have the upper hand, thats like me saying Brisbane has done way better than the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy
    that i dont agree with. how can 5 premierships equal 13. untill Broncs can win that many the dragons are superiour
    It can't... but in the Broncos defense they don't have a history to back them up..... WHAT AM I SAYING... DRAGONS ARE BETTER THEN THE BRONCOS PLAIN AND SIMPLE!