Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default LEEDS UNITED vs WATFORD

LEEDS UNITED vs WATFORD

As much as this might get me kicked out of my family, I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE LEEDS UTD earn promotion back to the Premiere League when they beat Watford this weekend.

They have taken care of Preston (3-1 on aggregat) and they are now one win away from the top flight.

Manchester Utd. have a history in my family, I do though have a soft spot for the might Leeds Utd....let's hope they bring it home.

COME BACK HARRY AND MARK!

Lets go Watford!!

Please dont let Leeds back in.....

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Agreed.. NO LEEDS AND I AM HAPPY... as a former Leeds fan... I can understand everyone wanting Leeds to get in, but for me... having Leeds in PL is like having Portsmouth in PL.. it's just not right...

HAHA Leeds Utd back in the premiere league is just not right???? Why exactly?

Besides the personal anguish of Leeds United allowing Harry and Mark to leave... which I was gutted about... My reason is that for me the recent derbies between the sides such as Crystal Palace and my side, Leicester have been too good to lose them...

As much as I know PL is where Leeds belong and deserve to be, personally I think the Coca Cola Championship will lose something without teams like Leeds, who are meant to be top flight, but enable fans of the smaller club to believe they have a chance of getting past them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    Besides the personal anguish of Leeds United allowing Harry and Mark to leave... which I was gutted about... My reason is that for me the recent derbies between the sides such as Crystal Palace and my side, Leicester have been too good to lose them...

As much as I know PL is where Leeds belong and deserve to be, personally I think the Coca Cola Championship will lose something without teams like Leeds, who are meant to be top flight, but enable fans of the smaller club to believe they have a chance of getting past them.
    Leeds were financially crippled and basically had to let the likes of Viduka, Smith and Kewell leave to recoup some dollars....

Nice post either way.

I will be over the moon to have them back in the PL - this is where they belong

Don't worry Deegan... I know there are many like you in Australia who would love it too.. I know so many Leeds fans who can't wait to return to the rivalries between ****nal and Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U....

Thing is though, its a much different game to when they left... so it will be interesting to see how they go if they get promoted... only thing that remains the same is Man U is once again becoming a dominant force...

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    HAHA Leeds Utd back in the premiere league is just not right???? Why exactly?

Im going to be lot more base - cause they suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    Im going to be lot more base - cause they suck!
    Ok, ok...we'll see what happens...once they are back they will stay up and become a force to be reckoned with. I shall say no more, I can hear my old man km's away cursing my name.

GO MANCHESTER UTD!

Titan One Clubman

What totally screwed Leeds over was what happened just after they made the Semi's of the Champions League. They backed themsleves to make the champions league the next season and pick up $$$$$, unfortunetly this didn't happen and they found themselves up sh!t creek without a paddle..

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    LEEDS UNITED vs WATFORD
    I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE LEEDS UTD earn promotion back to the Premiere League when they beat Watford this weekend.
    Enjoy it, Deegan, cause they're going straight back down.

UP AFC WIMBLEDON!
    www.afcwimbledon.co.uk
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

And Watford destroys Leeds 3-0 to win promotion!

Watford has won promotion to the English Premier League after beating Leeds United 3-0 in the playoff final at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium.

It joins champions Reading and Sheffield United as the three promoted teams. Watford had finished the season in third place in the Championship, with Leeds in fifth.

American defender Jay DeMerit put Watford in front midway through the first half when he met an inswinging corner at the far post with a firm header.

Watford doubled its advantage 12 minutes into the second half when a James Chambers shot was deflected off Leeds's World Cup-bound US midfielder Eddie Lewis, hit the base of the near post and went in off diving goalkeeper Neil Sullivan.

Darius Henderson put the finishing touch to an emphatic victory with a penalty seven minutes from time after Shaun Derry brought down striker Marlon King.

The victory to Watford, who had one season in the Premier League in 1999/2000, is worth close to STG40 million ($A99.38 million) made up largely of expected television revenue in the top flight, according to British media reports.
    www.theworldgame.com.au
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

Commiseration to Deegs.. BUT GO WATFORD... they showed they deserve to get promotion with that game and hopefully will have a good season next year in the PL..

Devastation, though losing 3-0, it shows the team that won wanted this more and Leeds Utd didn't deserve their place in the top flight. Watford in earning promotion secured a $100M sponsorship I remember reading in the form of TV rights to their games. Don't quote me, I read that last night on FOX interactive.

Well, always next year, Manchester Utd. will be fighting hard as per the norm

Poor poor Leeds ;-)