Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Titan CEO

Default Crocker hints at Origin conspiracy

Abc.net.au

Melbourne and Queensland forward Michael Crocker has suggested an Origin conspiracy may have been behind his nine-week suspension for a dangerous tackle that has ruled him out of this year's State of Origin series.

Crocker, one of Queensland's best players in last year's series, today entered an early guilty plea after the Storm was told it would be "wasting its time" fighting the charge.

Crocker said the suspension may not have been as harsh were he wearing a New South Wales sky blue jersey in this year's series.

"I think that's [the suspension] got more to do with Origin but I'll leave it at that," he said.

"People can take it as they want but I'm pretty sure it definitely would have been more interesting if I was in a different jersey."
    Are the storm & Crocker exaggerating? or do you think there is a conspiracy?

I really am not sure... depends on which side of the fence you are on...

I don't think that Crocker is being targeted because he is a Queenslander, otherwise the QRL would be down the NRL's throat...

All I know is that Melbourne boss Brian Waldron blew up deluxe today... that was one load and I expect a hefty fine...
    Last edited by Titanium_BD1103; 09-05-06 at 05:57 PM.

He is mainly targeted because of his record which isnt that good. Origin conspiracy? nah But I wouldnt put it past NSWRL to do something like it

Definately a conspiracy! No not really, it was a dangerous tackle and the fact he has a bad record just made it a long suspension.

Conspiracy?? Unlikely...

Queenslander
    "He is mainly targeted because of his record which isnt that good. Origin conspiracy? nah But I wouldnt put it past NSWRL to do something like it "

NSWRL doesnt need to rely on Queenslanders not playing... Like the past few years, NSW will flogg'em anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Townsville Titan
    Conspiracy?? Unlikely...

Queenslander
    "He is mainly targeted because of his record which isnt that good. Origin conspiracy? nah But I wouldnt put it past NSWRL to do something like it "

NSWRL doesnt need to rely on Queenslanders not playing... Like the past few years, NSW will flogg'em anyways...
    It was a tongue in check comment...if you actually quoted me correctly you would see this which 9.9 times out of ten means that the previous statement is not serious

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    It was a tongue in check comment...if you actually quoted me correctly you would see this which 9.9 times out of ten means that the previous statement is not serious
    Thats ok cos i was joking anyways... i cant honestly tell whos gonna win the S of O, especially without Johnsy playing... that bastard...

...Like the past few years, NSW will flogg'em anyways...
    Have a look at your missing list for SOO..... You sure you can win without them?

I don't think so, the tackle was pretty ordinary and he has a past history with the judiciary - I don't think it matters at all whether he be a Queenslander or New South Welshmen. I think Crocker is simply disappointed and is frustrated at missing Origin.

As a QLDer im disapointed with the severity of the penalty but really the tackle got what it deserved

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    Have a look at your missing list for SOO..... You sure you can win without them?
    Theres still a few weeks yet... who knows, Lockyer could get injured...
    That'd be a shame...lol.

I dunno really, its a close one (even with injuries). NSW selectors have a greater variety of players to choose from so i suppose its no excuse if we do lose... Im a biased NSW fan but not even i would dare to put money on it... flip a coin.
    :fence: :fence: :fence:

Theres still a few weeks yet... who knows, Lockyer could get injured...
    That'd be a shame...lol.

I dunno really, its a close one (even with injuries). NSW selectors have a greater variety of players to choose from so i suppose its no excuse if we do lose... Im a biased NSW fan but not even i would dare to put money on it... flip a coin.
    :fence: :fence: :fence:
    LOL personally I wouldn't have Lockyer in my side... 6 and 7 would be Thurston and Prince with Bowen at fullback.

Darren Lockyer has hit form, he will be the first player picked for Queensland - watch the replay of the games he played in this weekend, he has played himself in to form and match fitness after a long off-season with no playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    LOL personally I wouldn't have Lockyer in my side... 6 and 7 would be Thurston and Prince with Bowen at fullback.
    I actually agree with you here. The cowboys are on top of the ladder because of their star Halfback and Fullback. They deserve first pick. Id have Lockyer on bench to replace Thurston, Prince, or Bowen. But hey, im a True-Blue so it doesn't really matter to me.

Locky is the best QLD player still playing and will always be 1st picked. Prince has been ordinary this year so he will miss out IMO