12. Clint Newton
    13. Reegan Tanner

Interchange:
    14. Luke Davico
    15. Jarrod Mullen
    16. Riley Brown
    17. Todd Lowrie
    Coach: Michael Hagan
    Last edited by Queenslander; 04-05-06 at 12:23 PM.

I'll say the broncos atm, but who knows what may happen in the test on friday and some players might be a bit tired.

Im tipping the Broncos but the Test Match will hampen both sides. So it could go either way.

i've noticed along with several other bronco supporters who go to regular games that the broncos have definetely got fitter in the pre season - in the 1st 10 minutes they aren't hands on knees looking stuffed.

Look out for locky and hunt to back up after the test

I am leaning towards Brisbane at the moment given I think there is a good chance Joey will not back up from the Test. If he plays, I am going Newcastle - this is the worst thing in tipping comps, you have to pick before Friday night and this comes down to guess work.

I said earlier in the year I would not pick against a Johns led Newcastle, nothing changes, though I cannot see him backing up at all - I hope I am wrong.

I will give this game more thought, the Broncos were impressive on the weekend in coming back from 18-0 down...Newcastle struggled vs Souths away from home.

Titan CEO

If Joey doesnt back up im going for broncos.

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

Broncos for this one. Knights are too speculative.
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

If Johns plays, definitely Nights...

look at origin, it wrecks the Broncos... and thats days after the origin, The test is fewer days than that, however, if Johns DOESNT play then the Broncos.

LOL Trust QLD'er to put the Broncos first even though they are the visiting team - he just cant help himself ;-)

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    LOL Trust QLD'er to put the Broncos first even though they are the visiting team - he just cant help himself ;-)
    Hahaha, it was the way that I copied them from the Broncos website....at least i put the Knights first in the title

Junior Titan

Well i have tipped the Knights but only because its down there and there is the Joey factor but also even if he doesnt play i think they still might sneak past the Broncs because although they came back from 18 zip down to beat Canberra i still think they were a bit fortunate. I will be happy if the Broncs win but my tip is Knights.
    To accomplish great things we must not only dream but act :radio:

I tipped the knights like i always do , If all our players back up from the test i think we will be ok but our bench seems small we need another prop like Snowden, White or Worth.

any idea when abraham is back?

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Hmm Im going Broncos for this one, even if Joey plays I liked the Broncos second half last week, they were impressive to come from 18-0, this week if they can get a good start, I think they can come away with the win.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

Effective plan could cease
    by Scott Dickson
    Friday May 05, 2006

THE return of Test back Brent Tate could force the Ergon Energy Broncos to terminate an effective strategy that has adequately covered the loss of star hooker Michael Ennis.

Tate is a possibility of returning from Achilles tendonitis against Manly at Suncorp Stadium next Saturday after running solidly with the first grade squad yesterday.

Utility Casey McGuire and rookie rake Ian Lacey have successfully acted as fill-in hookers since Ennis suffered a season ending knee injury against Souths in round 5.

Since then the Broncos have won three straight, with Lacey regularly easing the pressure on starting no.9 McGuire who is generally replaced by the pint-sized impact player when rivals tire in the second half.

But coach Wayne Bennett indicated after losing Ennis that he was giving serious thought to using Tate in his desired centre position and shifting current no.4 and decent rake Shaun Berrigan to hooker.

The return of Tate, who suffered his 3-4 week injury two-and-a-half weeks ago at training, would most likely see Lacey left out of the 17.

McGuire said yesterday: ?Wayne has not indicated anything to us lately that would explain what he is planning to do at hooker when Brent comes back into the line-up.

?But I would say the way the game is with niggling injuries, Ian, Shaun and I will all help each other out in the hooking area.

?I have enjoyed the starting role the last few weeks, but as I am not a full time no.9 and used to playing off the bench, I am enjoying the plan where Ian and I combine to fill the hooker role.

?Lace gives me that all important break I am used to and also acts as that impact player when he comes on fresh during the second half when teams are getting tired.?

McGuire is unlikely to receive an extended rest in Sunday?s away clash against Newcastle if Brisbane?s four performers in tonight?s Anzac Test back up and leave Ian Lacey as 18th man. Prop Ben Hannant?s return from injury pushed Lacey out of the side.

McGuire is set to oppose the game?s top no.9 Danny Buderus, who joins champion halfback Andrew Johns and second-rower Steve Simpson in the Australian side.

Backs Karmichael Hunt, Darren Lockyer and Tame Tupou will start on Sunday if not feeling too jaded after the Test, unlike prop Civoniceva who may be used off the bench.

This could see in-form utility forward Sam Thaiday promoted to the starting pack.

?Nothing has been said yet about whether the rep players will back up or not. But if Petero plays from the bench, then it would be nice to start,? Thaiday said.

Whether Johns pushes his ageing body or not for the second time in three days will have a huge bearing on Sunday?s result.

?We can?t just worry about the one player,? Thaiday said. ?There record shows that when Andrew is out they do struggle.

?But when he is in their side his teammates go up a few levels, so we really do need to worry about the whole team.?

The equal second-placed Knights started the season with wins over Parramatta (25-8), Canberra (70-32) and Canterbury (48-12).

But they head into round 9 following losses to North Queensland (16-18) and Melbourne (6-52), and a lucky win over Souths (24-18) despite the return of Johns from a one-week injury.

?I have watched a few of their games this season,? Thaiday said. ?They started off the year just awesome but have been up and down lately.

?Teams like Newcastle can either come out and put 70 points on you or can really struggle, so we need to be careful.?

The Broncos have won 20 of the 28 career meetings between the two clubs, which includes winning their past two at Energy Australia Stadium.

www.broncos.com.au