Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by [BroncosGirl]
    The supporters, are called supporters for a reason, they SUPPORT their team, through thick and thin. Otherwise whats teh points. Supporting one player, King isn't the only one who deserves to be there, in fact he just gets there. Hes been alright this season, so yea ok, but Thurston, Johns, Gasnier, Civo, deserve it even more, and you wn't support them?

My bias is me supporting the Australian team, WHOEVER is on it, they call Australia home each and every one of their players, and they have pride in their jerseys, so I have pride in them and my country. I will support them.

I hate the fact HOdges isn't there, the fact Cooper is there, the fact Tahu is there, the fact Simpson and more are there, but I will still support them. Because they have the Australian Jersey on.

Also was Mason even borin in Aus? I heard he wasn't? Its a fine line isn't it. Who is for us to criticise Hunt for calling Aus home, for having pride in Australia because it gave him a chance. Whats wrong with that, I'd rather he play for Aus with all his heart, then play for NZ with no heart.
    lol...nah the other players deserve to be there. The only one that does not deserve the spot is Hunt. Disgraceful, everytime i think about it i want to just scream. Does not deserve the jersey at all.

I guess your just more of an Australian supporter then me Broncosgirl.......good on you, When would you like your medal?

Titan One Clubman

Ignore the fact tha Hunt could/should be playing for the Kiwis..

Defensivly, Hunt is probably the worst fullback in the league, Test footy is more then just being "flashy" and having a "step" (Which people worked out 1.5 years ago- Anyone remember in 04 when Mclinden took the piss out it to pass Hunt)

If one of the big Kiwi forwards make a break, god help Hunt, I do not want to see the damage of a Wiki running full steam at a stationary Hunt.

Also, what happened to Bowen, Schifcofske, Hornby... All much more experienced players who are more reliable in defence.. Mini is a great defensive fullback why wouldn't they replace him with an equally ( or even better) defensive fullback in Schif... Oh thats right he plays for Canberra and doesn't act like a flashy 2nd five-eight which seems to be the norm today...

Anyway, watch for Hunt to be grilled all night under the highball and to get special attention from the Kiwis on the park.

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    lol...nah the other players deserve to be there. The only one that does not deserve the spot is Hunt. Disgraceful, everytime i think about it i want to just scream. Does not deserve the jersey at all.

I guess your just more of an Australian supporter then me Broncosgirl.......good on you, When would you like your medal?
    So then your not supporting the team beacuse of one player?

Don't get stupid, I never once said I was more a supporter. Although since you said you're cheering for NZ, and Ill be cheering for Australia, technically I could consider agreeing. YOu said it first not me. I wouldn't like a medal though either, its just my duty to support my country

But hey if you decide to support Austraila in the end, which you should, then nup I am no more a supporter then you, and hey I would rather that, if it means one more supporter for Aus.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

Titan CEO

So then your not supporting the team beacuse of one player?

Don't get stupid, I never once said I was more a supporter. Although since you said you're cheering for NZ, and Ill be cheering for Australia, technically I could consider agreeing. YOu said it first not me. I wouldn't like a medal though either, its just my duty to support my country

But hey if you decide to support Austraila in the end, which you should, then nup I am no more a supporter then you, and hey I would rather that, if it means one more supporter for Aus.

I think Hunt will do terrible, as he is a terrible player. Thats all im going to say...i think NZ might win , but then agian Johns will most likely win it all on his own. We will see.

I will still be supporting Australia, that will never change Hunt isnt the best choice in the country for the role but that is the "experts" choice. If Hunt performs poorly and/or Australia loses then I would expect to see some heads being rolled e.g. selectors and Stuart.

Hunt...needs to have a blinder. There are proven fullbacks like Schifcofske, Wesser and Hornby, blokes who go in and get the job done every week like Patten and McKinnon, and why wouldn't you choose Inglis ahead of Hunt?

Hunt is probably THE worst defending fullback in the game, can't read the play at all, and barely scrapes in as a decent attacker.

Whatever the selectors were thinking, it was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty
    Anyway, watch for Hunt to be grilled all night under the highball
    And what we saw what Barrett did to hunt under the high ball - hunt is a kick returner and a attacking link. Thats about it.

Having said that, I would always support the team, not the players no matter what.

When they run out there they are all still giving there all for the Green and Gold. I will cheer just as loudly for Hunt as I will for Coops and Gaz. Heck Id even cheer just as loudly for Wally when he was wearing the Green and Gold.

Hodges was unlucky, but really he would be the only one. I would hate to think this country would have become so polarised that we cant support our national team, no matter who was playing. Heck rebrand the Marrons in Green and Gold and call them Aus - Ill still go!
    Last edited by Dakink; 01-05-06 at 04:38 PM.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Hmm in reguards to Hunt under the high ball, he's actually pretty good at it imo, the game against the Dragons was a shocker, he even admitted it himself. But hes always been fairly solid under the high ball, he did well against the raiders sat night under the high ball. I also considered him fairly safe. I think people just choose to remember his shockers, I know hes had a few, so has every other fullback, even Mini.

I expect Hunt to drop his first one maybe, but I think he'll cope fairly well.

But dakink, good to see supporters sticking to the team no matter waht
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

I'm also shocked to hear Hunt is in the Australian side and wouldn't have chosen him but he is one of those players with potentially great ability that really hasn't had the opportunity to express at the Broncos.

Stuart is probably one of those coaches that would love to teach him a thing or two.
    Somthing new...something the Broncos didn't give him...something that every other fullback gets...The ball in his hand with room to dance.

I cannot believe what I am reading from Australian supporters here - disagreeing with a selection is one thing, turning your back on your national team is another. Unbelievable as a matter of fact.

I do not agree with the selection of Hunt, not at all, in particular given the fact he is unproven at rep level and I don't think he is the next best fullback in line for Australia with Minichiello injured. Matt Bowen is my preference, that is well documented, though if he is deemed not good enough, I can find a spot for Rhys Wesser, Ben Hornby, Clinton Schifcofke or even a Greg Inglis who IMO is amongst the best fullbacks right now. He is a sensational player though his lack of experience as a whole counts against him.

Brett Hodgson would of perhaps been selected, bad timing with the injury.

Support the Kangaroos whether Hunt is there or not...air your opinion, express your disgust though don't turn your back on the green and gold, EVER.

People forget about Brett Hodgson as a rep player
    He is the most amazing player...just looking at his stature you wouldn't know

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    I cannot believe what I am reading from Australian supporters here - disagreeing with a selection is one thing, turning your back on your national team is another. Unbelievable as a matter of fact.

Support the Kangaroos whether Hunt is there or not...air your opinion, express your disgust though don't turn your back on the green and gold, EVER.
    Good to see someone with sense, I can't believe the amount of people who would easily turn their back on supporting their country.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

Good to see someone with sense, I can't believe the amount of people who would easily turn their back on supporting their country.

Never ever ever evere ever evere ever ever!

If they wear green and gold and represent our great country than I could never say no to them!

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    If they wear green and gold and represent our great country than I could never say no to them!

*shudders* I feel dirty - I agree with QLD'er..... :curse: :curse: