Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

I stil think it may hark back a little to the games under pressure where Bowen has gone missing. If I remember rightly one of those was v the Roosters in a semi. Rightly or wrongly Ricky may remember that, I guess as a coach he would remember poor performances against his teams. He obviously targeted Bowen in defence and he was founf out under the high bakll a few times. But then so was Hunt v the Dragons.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

There are 1000 better fullbacks in the comp to replace Mini... Bowen is the obvious choice :whatd: but then there is Hodgson, Hornby, Wesser, Schifoske, the list goes on!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    A few (and I mean few) of the clubs released players for the test.
    yeah it was only the clubs that played on the friday ( i think) that let their players play - cos that way they only missed one game -or something like that

Well its official Hunt has joined the squad. Dont get me wrong, Hunt is a good player, but he doesnt deserve an Australian jersey yet. Could this just be some mind games being dished out by Ricky Stuart seeing that Hunt is in theory a Kiwi.

Hunt joins Test squad
    May 1, 2006

BRISBANE Broncos fullback Karmichael Hunt has been flown to Sydney to join the Australia rugby league Test squad as standby for the injured Anthony Minichiello.

Hunt was contacted last night and flew out of Brisbane early today, with Minichiello working to overcome a hamstring injury ahead of Friday night's Suncorp Stadium Test with New Zealand.

Minichiello was cleared at the team medical last night and was taking part in a light training run this morning, but it was considered prudent to have Hunt on standby as 18th man if needed.

Hunt's call-up is expected to cause controversy across the Tasman as he is New Zealand born, but the youngster has frequently stated an ambition to play State of Origin football for Queensland, which would rule him out of representing the Kiwis.

It's also likely to cause a stir in North Queensland as Hunt got the nod ahead of Cowboys and Queensland Origin fullback Matt Bowen.

Reports today said Bowen had been pencilled in as 18th man until he had a poor game, dropping several high balls, in the loss to Test coach Ricky Stuart's Sydney Roosters in Townsville on Saturday night.

AAP

Titan CEO

Roosters.com .au

A lower back problem has forced Australian fullback Anthony Minichiello out of Friday night?s Bundaberg Rum Rugby League Test against New Zealand at Suncorp Stadium.

Nineteen year old Brisbane Broncos fullback Karmichael Hunt has been named as his replacement and will train with the team this afternoon. Hunt joined the team at their Sydney base late this morning after a decision by selectors to add him as 18th man in the squad.

Minichiello was put through a full scale fitness test of his injured hamstring on Sunday afternoon and passed fit to play.

?There was no doubt Mini was desperate to play and he did everything we could have asked in the fitness test,? ARL Chief Executive Mr Geoff Carr said today.

?However when he was further assessed that night there was some ongoing concern over whether a lower back problem he has been carrying did not make the overall risk too high for him and the team.

?After discussions with team medical staff, the selectors made a late request for Karmichael Hunt to be put on stand by and asked to fly to Sydney today as a precaution.

?Anthony had a light work out this morning and following a later assessment by team doctor Hugh Hazard we decided it was best that Anthony be ruled out.?

Hunt will join fellow Queenslander Johnathan Thurston as Test debutants in the most keenly anticipated Trans Tasman contest in years.

?Karmichael has been long recognised as an outstanding talent and to see him make his debut along with Johnathan Thurston adds an exciting dimension to the team.? Mr Carr said

?Karmichael has had to beat an outstanding array of fullbacks and it?s a real credit to him to have done so.

Hunt!!!

He is useless! Ild have Tronc at fullback over Hunt.

Thats the last straw.... these selectors are frigging useless! Time and time again they show how incompetent they are and this is the final straw. I have now decided to support NZ in International Rugby League. I am sorry but thats the way I feel.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    Thats the last straw.... these selectors are frigging useless! Time and time again they show how incompetent they are and this is the final straw. I have now decided to support NZ in International Rugby League. I am sorry but thats the way I feel.
    Its disgraceful right?

Schifcofske
    Inglis
    Bowen
    Wesser
    Hodgson

Are all in form and better then Hunt on his best day. Another joke selection....unfortunately they are increasing every year.

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    Its disgraceful right?

Schifcofske
    Inglis
    Bowen
    Wesser
    Hodgson

Are all in form and better then Hunt on his best day. Another joke selection....unfortunately they are increasing every year.
    All of the above are far superior to Hunt. This selection is so out of left field that its not funny! Again I think its mind games being played by the Australian's to fire up the Kiwi's. Or his selection is just to keep Broncos supporters happy and to boost attendance

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

Matt King and Timana Tahu ought to be the centres, they have form on the board compared to Cooper and Gaz.

Mini ruled out, Hunt to debut
    May 1, 2006

NEW Zealand-born Karmichael Hunt will make his Test debut for Australia in Friday's clash with the Kiwis after Kangaroos fullback Anthony Minichiello was ruled with a lower back injury today.

Minichiello passed a fitness test of his injured hamstring yesterday afternoon, but was today rubbed out after an assessment by team doctor Hugh Hazard on a lower back problem.

The withdrawal has opened the way for 19-year-old Brisbane custodian Hunt to make his international debut.

The call-up is expected to cause controversy across the Tasman given Hunt was born in New Zealand, but he has frequently stated an ambition to play State of Origin for Queensland, which would rule him out of playing for the Kiwis.

On Minichiello's withdrawal, Australian Rugby League chief executive Geoff Carr said: "There was no doubt Mini was desperate to play and he did everything we could have asked in the fitness test (on his hamstring).

"However when he was further assessed that night there was some ongoing concern over whether a lower back problem he has been carrying did not make the overall risk too high for him and the team.

"After discussions with team medical staff, the selectors made a late request for Karmichael Hunt to be put on standby and asked to fly to Sydney today as a precaution.

"Anthony had a light work out this morning and following a later assessment by team doctor Hugh Hazard we decided it was best that Anthony be ruled out."

Hunt will join North Queensland's Johnathan Thurston as Test debutants for the match at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium.

AAP

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Its disgraceful right?

Schifcofske
    Inglis
    Bowen
    Wesser
    Hodgson

Shif? Puh-lease, he does nothing outstanding, I'd rate Hunt above him.

Inglis I dunno, I guess we havne't seen enough of him.

Bowen, I stated in the other thread I would pick him, but is suspect sometimes under high ball, only reason I can pick.

Wesser - He struggles at S.O.O time, not really a great choice for Aus, I dont rate him that much.

Hodgo- still injured is he? Im not sure.

It is a pretty crazy decision, but Hunt is a good player who works well with Locky, I still would have liked Bowen over Hunt, but they chose who they chose, we can only hope he plays well for Australia.!
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

Titan CEO

"puh-lease" Broncosgirl....your bias is really showing there. I know your a hunt fan and a broncos fan but hunt is no where near the players i mentioned....thats my opninion but its one shared by people who arent being biased. Look at stats...look at their game Hunt is a decent fullback...who has a stupid step...he is barely in my top 10 fullbacks in the comp.

schif is prolly the best defending fullback and is great under the high ball, hunt is bad in both areas.

"puh-lease" Broncosgirl....your bias is really showing there. I know your a hunt fan and a broncos fan but hunt is no where near the players i mentioned....tahts my opninion but its one shared by people who arent being biased. Look at stats...look at their game Hunt is a decent fullback...who has a stupid step...he is barely in my top 10 fullbacks in the comp.

schif is prolly the best defending fullback and is great under the high ball, hunt is bad in both areas.
    I agree with you super cronk, Hunt does not match up to the other options available....and im a bias broncos fan! :lol!: Bowen IMO should be in that test squad.

Titan CEO

The following players are better then Hunt at fullback:

Bowen
    Thaiday
    Inglis
    Hornby
    Stewart
    Wesser
    Schifcoske

And there is Slater and Hodgson who are out injured and suspended.

This is the biggest joke of a selection in rugby league history!

i hope karmicheal goes alright even though i bagged him for going for qld in front of his country of birth god menzies is in team that was shocker :rotflmao:

LIVE ORIGIN DRINK XXXX BLEED MAROON
    FINEST STATE FINEST TEAM FINEST BEER XXXX