Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Titan First Grade Regular

Thanx, then i'll expect no reply.cya.

This has all been secret squirrel B.S.

Latest RLW page 55.

"We'll be able to focus even more with the development process. We are starting a joint venture with the Aspley Devils where we will primarily put our resources into the QLD CUP side and Aspley will put their resources into the two lower grades." Mark Murray.

So Aspley Broncos withdraw from the QLD Cup? I hope they don't intend on calling it Norths-Aspley Devils....
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    This has all been secret squirrel B.S.

Latest RLW page 55.

"We'll be able to focus even more with the development process. We are starting a joint venture with the Aspley Devils where we will primarily put our resources into the QLD CUP side and Aspley will put their resources into the two lower grades." Mark Murray.

So Aspley Broncos withdraw from the QLD Cup? I hope they don't intend on calling it Norths-Aspley Devils....
    Nah - the push for an amalgamated name died a slow death (and I agree with Diehard, I wouldn't have like that at all! Norths are the traditional club for the district not Aspley).

But just as Mark Murray said- Norths will field a Qld Cup side only (it'll be the Broncos new feeder). Their will be no Norths Colts or A Grade side that will be Aspley instead.

Coach of Norths is Mark Gee (formerly coached Toowoomba and this years Aspley Broncos side. Kevin Carmichael , Norths Coach this year becomes the assistant.

It could have been a lot worse! Tradition lives on!

I'm going to get behind the club big time in 2008.

I think you and I should try and catch up at some games.

I'm pretty satisfied with what seems to be the outcome, but we are still waiting for an official announcement.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

QLD Cup Titan

[QUOTE=DIEHARD;198358]

I think you and I should try and catch up at some games.

QUOTE]

That sounds done & dusted! Cheers!

QLD Cup Titan

Default The Final word on The Storm winning the Premiership

Text courtesy of QRL website

[B]Former Devils Live Aussie Dream

WHEN Australia plays New Zealand in Sunday week's Test match, few people will be as excited as Norths Devils CEO Mark Murray.

Through his role with the Devils, Murray has played a big part in the development of some of the game's brightest young stars who have now gone on to become household names.

Much to Murray's delight, former Devils young guns Greg Inglis, Cameron Smith and Cooper Cronk were recently named in the Australian team.

Their selection follows the Queensland trio's outstanding performances in the Melbourne Storm's NRL grand final victory over Manly.

Adding to the strong Devils flavour in the league international is the selection of Ryan Hoffman and Michael Crocker in the star-studded Kangaroos line-up and Jeremy Smith and Jeff Lima in the Kiwi side.

The Storm's 10-year link with the Devils paved the way for the likes of Hoffman, Crocker, Lima and Jeremy Smith to make the occasional appearance for the Bishop Park club.

While pleased for that quartet, Murray gets even greater satisfaction from seeing the careers of Inglis, Cronk and Cameron Smith take off.

All three came to the Devils in their teenage years.

"It's rewarding when you remember them coming to us as school leavers and when they were breaking in to Colts," Murray said.

Murray still rates Inglis - the 2007 Clive Churchill medallist - as the best 17 or 18 year-old talent he's laid eyes on.

But when it comes to consistency, Murray can't go past new Kangaroos skipper Smith.

"He's the complete player," Murray said of the classy hooker who joined the Devils from Logan City.

"I've never seen Cameron, even in his Colts days, have a bad game."

Murray said the number of players who had soared into elite level rugby league through the Devils-Storm link was "quite staggering".

"It's been good," Murray said.

"You shake your head when it's not still going because it's been so successful but things change."
    [/B]

No need to shake your head anymore- apparently News Ltd wanted the Broncos to reclaim Brisbane as their own and the Storm Management probably made the biggest mistake in that club's history in cutting loose the arrangement with Norths...talk about a win/win situation within the 2nd biggest rugby league city in the world going down the gurgaler.

Hope history proves the Storm Management right in that decision ..
    Last edited by Old Diehard; 04-10-07 at 06:30 PM.