Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    QLD Cup Titan

Default Melbounrne Storm to cut ties with North's Devils

Anybody know any facts on this story. Latest is the Storm want to use North Sydney as their feeder team and WHEN not if a NRL's colts comp. is started use North's Sydney's Colts.

It's only business-(not loyality!) and the Storm see Sydney Norths as more important to their future than Brisbane North's Devils.

Could also make a combined Storm/Norths Bears outfit likely to relocate to the Central Coast (Gosford) in the future.

Bye BYe DEVILS !!!
    And maybe Bye bye Melbourne down the track.

What a garbage post.

The Storm aren't going anywhere, their future is assured in the NRL, especially with the new stadium. They are also one of the most heavily sponsored clubs in the NRL.

The Norths Devils aren't going anywhere either, even with the potential disappointing news of Storm pulling the plug, which is a disgrace. The Storm have gotten so much out of their relationship with the Devils, what would the Bears offer in comparisons.

Let's look at the Norths contribution to the Storm....

Slater? Inglis? Smith? Cronk? Webster? Johnston?

Crazy. There will be a mad rush to sign them as a feeder club, but it is a shame as I saw Norths Devils / Storm as a fantastic partnership.

Also the very notion of a NRL colts comp is garbage.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Old Diehard
    Anybody know any facts on this story. Latest is the Storm want to use North Sydney as their feeder team and WHEN not if a NRL's colts comp. is started use North's Sydney's Colts.

It's only business-(not loyality!) and the Storm see Sydney Norths as more important to their future than Brisbane North's Devils.

Could also make a combined Storm/Norths Bears outfit likely to relocate to the Central Coast (Gosford) in the future.

Bye BYe DEVILS !!!
    And maybe Bye bye Melbourne down the track.
    I respect your opinion Old Diehard even if it is being repeated over and over again. But i must say that your Storm and News Ltd Bashing is getting old. The Melbourne Storm are a great asset to Rugby League and they are doing more good than harm......and how could that possibly be a bad thing? Its sad to hear that the Storm are possibly leaving the Norths Devils however I wont believe anything until I have seen a source of this information.

QLD Cup Titan

Hey Diehard, it's true that Billy Slater went to Norths under his own steam- but Greg Inglis, Cronk, Smith & Jake Webster were all signed as Northern Storm Development Players which meant they played for Norths only because the Storm placed them there. ( Could name quite a few others currently at Norths Devils in the same boat).

Silly move imo, they are a good feeder club. Some other club would probably move in on them right?
    Is there actually any evidence of this? Got a source?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallan
    Silly move imo, they are a good feeder club. Some other club would probably move in on them right?
    Is there actually any evidence of this? Got a source?
    As far as I know, all rumour. But apparently a rumour with a level of credibility. Let's see what happens. Maybe the Broncos will move on the Devils, that'd be a major asset to them and sure up their hold on Brisbane.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Old Diehard
    Hey Diehard, it's true that Billy Slater went to Norths under his own steam- but Greg Inglis, Cronk, Smith & Jake Webster were all signed as Northern Storm Development Players which meant they played for Norths only because the Storm placed them there. ( Could name quite a few others currently at Norths Devils in the same boat).
    with slater i think ur correct - he went to trial for norths or something and then got picked up by storm.
    ur also coreect bout inglis - he was only at norths BEcause of the storm.
    not sure bout the rest though

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

Matt King also was a Devils player. I can't believe I am hearing this, when Melbourne have profited immensely from having Norths as a feeder club. Who have the Bears supplied Norths with? Ian Donnelly?
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

QLD Cup Titan

Yep saw Mat King around the club although he only played 6 games there (apparently) but gees he had an Afro and stood out. Always had a smile on his dial though! Happy go lucky sort of bloke I'ld reckon!

As for the Storm , Norths definitely definited benefited, but it was a 2 way street. Love my local league and hate to see it hurt by NRL mentality.

2 years ago I watched a Norths Team play a minor semi final (against Wynnum )that had 5 changes to the programme on the day- The Storm called up all 5 players but never used by them that week-end.Gary Geinke was coach at the time- never met him personally but what I saw was he of him he did't tolerate fools easily but loved his players.

KEEP IT LOCAL!

And although most you people probably don't know Norths League - It's not a rich club, very small clubhouse but most of the people that go there know each other to say giday too.

Stand up and cheer for Norths again This Year!!!!!

Titan CEO

Would be sad to lose devils....but hasnt there recently been boundries made since the titans entered the comp? ...something like the titans didnt have enough teams to pick from or something like that so there has to be more QLD teams made available to them. *shakes fist at titans* if its true. lol.

As far as I know, there are no official boundaries in regards to feeder clubs.

I think the Broncos would be pleased to remove the Storm incursion into Northern Brisbane and take the territory themselves.

Cant find a single word of this on any other forum or site?

Anyone?

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

QLD Cup Titan

I would hope the Storm would continue with Norths Devils.However I watched them play a couple of weeks ago & I thought the ground was sub standard.Went & watched the Burleigh Bears the next day & was really impressed with the ground & facilities.Not sure if this would have anything to do with the decision,possibly a cost factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    Cant find a single word of this on any other forum or site?

Anyone?
    Im starting to think this is a lie. Nothing at all has been published on any major sites, not even the Melbourne Storm has anything even related to this "story" :angry: It appears that Old Diehard may be blinded by his hatred of the Storm......

QLD Cup Titan

Queenslander,- sorry mate, but I don't hate the Storm. And you know I'm at Bishop Park regularly. What do I make of it- not good for Rugby League up here when I here of these rumours. As for Dakink and the Diehard's reaction to what I said. Pity - they must think I've got something to gain by it.

BUT QUEENSLANDER- What I'll say is "Resting in the clubhouse after they have won the game,another famous victory is added to their fame & the game that they proudly celerbrate they played it great-they are THE VALIANT VALLEY DIEHARDS, THE BOYS IN ROYAL BLUE"

Queenslander- I've always been loyal.