Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    but won't that make more people stay at home and watch the game on T.V as opposed to going to the game?
    not if its an away game. Plus if your team is on TV and you have a chance to go to the game..do you still go to the game? i do. The storm die hard fans will always go to home games...the Televising of the games will get those people that dont go to the game intrested in the storm.

Doesnt help with the lack of support from Nine, the SOO series this year was live in France, USA, England, NZ.

But it was delayed into Melbourne!!!

I agree with LF, about the stadium also, i wouldnt go watch them at Olympic, and i am a league supporter.

If the Panthers had a stadium as bad as Olympic parks we'd get crowds of 6,000 through the gates.

Visit My Web Site At Its NEW Address: http://www.leaguefreak.com/

Junior Titan

the last SOO game was sold out with mostly Melb ppl. I have a lot of family in Melb and they are storm supporters as well as AFL.

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    It would help if the NRL and channel nine in melbourne helped out a friggin little bit. Only the last few years the NRL have given decent funding to juniors in Victoria...

Its pretty damn hard to compete with AFL down there...but they have to live with that.

The crowds is something esle tho...

in 1998 the storm got up to 21,000 and only 2 games dropped under 9,000.

in 99 the storm were getting 16,000 and even upto 17,000 with 1 game dropping under 9,000

in 2000 they got 23,000 with no game dropping under 9,000..

in 01 they were decent crowds of 14,000-15k but since then it has declined....and that coinceded with the storm missing out on the finals and playing pretty poor. Also it doesnt help when olympic park is a horrible ground to go to.

These facts above PROVE that storm do have the amount of fans....but things have happened with in the club that some people dont like and it has turned some supporters away. I hope that the storm can be succesful next year bringing some more fans to the game and also the new stadium in 2008 should bring alot more to the game. give them time to build a decent junior comp and time to get a stadium ect and they will come good.
    But alot jumped of board when they started to lose.

im all for trying to raise teh profile of league in melbourne and i also think bringing big games down there would help, but SoO??? it's a game between NSW and QLD therefore it should be played in either QLD or NSW. not melbourne - even if it would be a sell out.

give melbourne tri-nation games and other internationals but not SoO!!!

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy
    But alot jumped of board when they started to lose.
    Thats what i said.

and that coinceded with the storm missing out on the finals and playing pretty poor.
    Its not that they jumped off board and stopped supporting..its they didnt really turn up to the games as often..they still go and still support but not every single game.

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    Thats what i said.

Its not that they jumped off board and stopped supporting..its they didnt really turn up to the games as often..they still go and still support but not every single game.
    you can't expect all supporters to turn up to every single game, winning or losing. just a bit dissappointing that only a few turn up sometimes. It doesn't have that much to do with winning or losing IMO, but I may be wrong (I would turn up if the Dragons were wooden spooners for the past 10 years)

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

Patience is a virtue. The Storm will take a while longer to catch on if they use the right marketing tactics, just like soccer.
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.