Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

good solid win by the boys however

i was a bit disapointed in the second half we had a chance to really smash the dogs and we let the foot of the pedal with some poor ball control

i really believe theres still a huge room for improvement in this side.

god i hope this can be the year

its been a long hard ten years

Manly Warringah for Life but plenty of room to support my local team the Mighty mighty Titans

I agree much better performance, though I think it is a long jump from that to GF winners ;-)

They are firming into definate top 8 maybe even fight out 3-6.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

I had them originally as a Top 4 side though from memory put them back to 6th.

If they remain injury free, my original gut feeling could ring true. They still have plenty of improvement.

Titan Club Captain

NOT HAPPY

That was unacceptable from the dogs today. I am so not happy...

I have nothing more to say

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies
    NOT HAPPY

same here

Well the sentiment is the same here.. NOT HAPPY with that at all.. but I will elaborate as Deegan wants comments from Bulldogs fans..

That was disappointing... we had good forward power today, but way too many mistakes and our ability to read the play was shocking, no offense to Utai, but I would have preffered he came back this week, he was not on song at all, and left us very weak on that wing.

We have a serious issue with the halves, and even as a Bulldogs fan, I don't know the answer... our PL side is finally winning some games (2 in a row now), but nothing to write home about... so I guess we may have to deal with it, but I have come up with some ideas on what can be done. I think we need SBW at right centre with Emilio injured for some time, he is the only one providing spark to the side ATM.

In terms of a backline, I reckon this might be what we need to look at...

1. Luke Patten
    2. Hazem El Masri
    3. Willie Tonga
    4. Sonny Bill Williams
    5. Matt Utai
    6. Daniel Holdsworth
    7. Trent Cutler/ Corey Hughes

That is the backline I would look at. Holdsworth is a darn good 5/8th, but he does not have the flair or experience to be halfback. As much as I hate to say it, Hughes maybe the only option we have, or perhaps bringing Cutler into the 7 role, as when Sherwin was injured last year, he did a darn good job there.

I think either way we need some spark from 6 and 7 otherwise we are sunk, ATM The Bulldogs have a forward line to match the best, but are so uninventive in the backline, its a waste of time for the forwards to make those metres.

In other terms however, I think as the year goes on.. SBW and Utai will form a strong partnership together and could be very dangerous, however they need a 6 and 7 to run that off, and that is probably the biggest problem for the Bulldogs ATM.

It was disappointing yesterday, but I guess it can be said that Manly were superb and we need some time with combinations, which there has been little of. There is hope for the team, but we need a 6 and 7 to work off the forwards and give our wide runners a chance to do well and sadly I think that Matiua and Holdsworth are not the answer as they are too slow and not quick enough in the mind to achieve any great attacking ideals...

If I was Steve Folkes, I'd put Cutler in at 7 for the game next week, I know its a gamble, but at times like this, I think rolling the dice is the only way to achieve a result.

Oh and Adam Perry (and I love the Lobster)... needs to go back to PL for a match or two, he is out of fitness and looking a bit bulky for an NRL player.. not sure if that is what Folkes wants, but I reckon he plays best when he is agile and can move quickly, and at the moment I see no chance of that occuring.

Overall however, I think we need to batten down the hatches and stop making mistakes close to the line, we do that and we might have a chance to get good ball and make some opportunities. Yesterday was disappointing, but there is still a chance, especially with a club like Canterbury, who always rise in the face of adversity...
    Last edited by Titanium_BD1103; 24-04-06 at 09:12 AM.

NOT HAPPY

for a forward pack that was supposed to be the toughtest in the comp they were totally outclassed by Menzies, King, Kite, Watmough, Bk, Monas and dunley

Im a fan of big willie but if he gets a test jumper ahead of beaver its a joke, every time he got the ball yesterday menzies was all over him

Manly Warringah for Life but plenty of room to support my local team the Mighty mighty Titans

Titan First Grade Regular

Go the Mighty Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

But one win does not make a premiership, there still is a long way to go.cya.

Junior Titan

I tipped the doggies and didnt get to see the game but from what i have read and heard Manly need to be shown a bit more respect when it comes to tipping comps.Its one game i know but surely they can confidently be thinking top 8 at season end
    To accomplish great things we must not only dream but act :radio:

Titan Club Captain

Since Deegan wants comments from us dogs fans i shall rumble on :hmm:

Every single mistake we made...we were punshied...mostly by tries :box:

I seriously have nothing more to say. Except only a couple of players for the dogs turned up to play.

Folksey even said sorry!!

Sorry Dogs fans but BWahahahahahahah!!

Titan Club Captain

What were Haz and Patten thinking..???

What were Haz and Patten thinking..???

Yours!

It was a very disappointing performance from the Dogs...way too many errors, and almost every one resulted in a Manly try. I agree with Bulldog_Titan that although our pack can match it with the best, we really need to create a strong halves combination. Holdsworth is performing solidly at five-eighth, but filling the No. 7 jersey should be a priority.

Personally I don't think Hughes is a halfback. Cutler might do it, but my choice'd be Billy Ngawini. Quick, exciting feller with a good step. Seen him play in a couple of premier league matches, and I reckon he'd get the job done with flying colours.

this is where it was at from a manly fans point of view.

When u watch ure club play the dogs, you would hang on for 5 tackles in defense then watch nervously while sherwin would kick for Utai or El masri if their in ure read zone or Anasta to kick a 40/20 if u have done well enough to keep those big forwards in side their red zone.

Yesterday after about 20 minutes i relaxed as to be honest Holdsworth's kicking game was inept. You compare his last tackle kicks to orfords and it was chalk and cheese it was one of the things that sees manly 40% better team than last season