Interchange:
    14. Shayne Dunley
    15. Luke Williamson
    16. George Rose
    17. Mark Bryant
    18. Adam Cuthbertson
    19. Paul Stephenson
    * 2 players to be omitted.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 18-04-06 at 06:53 PM.

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

I reckon the dogs have this game again.
    Manly still have 'Spitter' Dunley in their side, I see.
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

Sherwin cant take a trick at the moment.

Sherwin breaks hand
    April 21, 2006

BRENT Sherwin's season has gone from bad to worse, with the Bulldogs halfback ruled out for up to six weeks with a broken hand.

Dumped from the top grade by coach Steve Folkes three weeks ago because of poor form, the former City Origin playmaker broke his hand during the Bulldogs Premier League side's 40-36 win over South Sydney on Monday at Telstra Stadium.

Sherwin played out the match despite the injury, but X-rays this week confirmed a fracture, which is expected to keep him out of the game for between four to six weeks.

Advertisement:
    Sherwin was named to play in Premier League again this weekend, with Folkes sticking with his new halves combination of Reni Maitua and Daniel Holdsworth for Sunday's NRL clash against Manly.

AAP
    Im still in two minds about who to tip, think Ill go for the Dogs purely on the pack.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

I thought that might have happened.. considering when you look at the 2nd half stats for The Bulldogs PL side, they have someone else at number 7...

Shame for Shifty.. hopefully he will be back soon.. cause he deserve to have a go.. and GO THE BULLDOGS.. I think with the confidence O'Meley and Mason have, if the backs can get some spark, we will put on one heck of a show..

Titan Club Captain

GET BETTER SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON SHIFTY

*sigh*

Manly will be tough.

GO THE DOGGIESSSSSSS :win:

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

Bulldogs need a decent hooker badly. Why on earth did they let Marty Mitchell go?
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

Good to see the club standing by him;

Sherwin will stay at Dogs
    By James Hooper
    April 22, 2006

BULLDOGS chairman George Peponis has defended embattled halfback Brent Sherwin - torpedoing speculation about Canterbury looking to offload the out-of-sorts playmaker.

Axed to Premier League three weeks ago, Sherwin has been the subject of speculation linking him with rival NRL and overseas clubs for the past five days.

But Peponis has denied the 2004 premiers are searching for a new home for the struggling halfback, who is on a five-year $1.5 million contract until the end of 2008.

In a positive signal for Sherwin, Peponis endorsed him as the long-term halfback solution for the Bulldogs on the same day it was announced the crafty playmaker will miss a month of football with a broken hand.

Adding further intrigue to the Sherwin scenario last night was his agent's presence in England, where he is negotiating contracts for a host of clients.

"It certainly hasn't been from our side of the fence, it hasn't come up in either a board meeting or a retention committee meeting," Peponis said.

"He's contracted for another two or three years and I see him as a long-term player for us.

"[Sherwin] probably just needed a little bit of a shake-up that's why he was in reserve grade.

"I think we need him in our first grade side because Brent's a class halfback. He's just probably not been playing with a lot of confidence for the last little bit."

Dumped after failing to follow coach Steve Folkes' game plan against Newcastle in round three, Sherwin yesterday succumbed to his hand injury.

The Bulldogs playmaker sustained the break in the Premier League clash against the Rabbitohs last Monday with X-rays yesterday confirming the extent of the injury.

"I think he's a good enough player that once his hand recovers he might have a couple of games in Premier League and then he'll force his way back," Peponis said.

"I've got no doubt. Sometimes people just need a little bit of a shake-up.

"They need to know there's no assurances in life, they can't just rest on their laurels."

The Daily Telegraph

Halftime

Manly 28 - Canterbury 6

Matt Orford is running the show and playing some really good football - Orford when in this type of form is why he is considered a possible NSW halfback.

Ben Kennedy is simply awesome, how he is retiring when in this type of form is beyond me, he could play this level of game for at least 1-2 more seasons.

Willie Mason has probably been the Doggies best with Mark O'Meley.

Fulltime

Manly 40 - Bulldogs 8

Manly: 40
    Tries: Matt Orford 2, Paul Stephenson 2, Steve Matai, Ben Kennedy, Steve Bell.
    Goals: Matt Orford 6/8

Bullogs: 14
    Tries: Willie Tonga, Matt Utai, Sonny Bill Williams.
    Gaols: Hazem El Masri: 1/3

Damn it - I was going to pick Manly too, at least I have more than 2 this week lol!

Great win by the Sea Eagles and despite some handling errors, Sonny-Bill looked alot better for the run last week playing out wide.

Unfortunately for Doggies fans, they are going to struggle with a halves pairing in Holdsworth and Maitua who look lost giving the dogs no direction when attacking. Poor kicking display too.

Matt Orford, Ben Kennedy and Steve Matai were very good today as was Brent Kite and Jason King.

Dont they - the dogs have real problems now with Shifty out as well. Any other options for them in the halves? What about their premier league team - though they arent taking the world by storm either!

I don't think they do whilst Sherwin is out - well no one on the horizon that is going to exactly put the fear of god into their opponent. I wonder what the Doggies heirachy are thinking now knowing they let go of the comeptition's form player in Thurston who could not crack it in the starting side. Hindsight is a b#$#h as they say.

And letting go of Anasta as well....

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    And letting go of Anasta as well....
    True though the form he is in, I am not sure he is going to be turning around this side. I think they need to come up with something and pretty fast too otherwise they might see their 2006 become a write off.

This competition is too strong for a side to not have a halves pairing that can capitalise on the work of their forwards.

Doggies fans thoughts please