Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Wing I suppose with Carney

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

THE seven-year partnership of Roosters skipper Craig Fitzgibbon and the Bondi club could be over as early as tomorrow.

A meeting with Fitzgibbon's manager David Riolo and Sydney Roosters chief executive Brian Canavan is set to determine his fate.

"I have a meeting scheduled with Craig's manager for early next week," Canavan said.

"We're hoping that negotiations will go favourably for both Craig and the club."

Fitzgibbon will be asked to settle for a one-year contract after the Roosters originally knocked back his bid for a two-year deal.

Salary cap pressure and the club's current rebuilding process is the biggest hurdle facing the 2002 Clive Churchill medallist.

Fitzgibbon, 29, has told Roosters management that he has no desire to leave or play for another NRL club.

"I love it here and I will be doing everything I can to stay," Fitzgibbon said.

"I'd be lying if I didn't say I was worried about it.

"It scares me to think about it (leaving). I just don't want to play for anyone else.

"I love playing here and I love everything involved with the club."

The Sunday Telegraph, June 18
    Even if Fitzgibbon leaves, I feel his statement blows to smithereens any chance of him coming to the Titans, no matter what RLW say. He will either be at Bondi or in the SL next year IMO.
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Original Idiot
    Even if Fitzgibbon leaves, I feel his statement blows to smithereens any chance of him coming to the Titans, no matter what RLW say. He will either be at Bondi or in the SL next year IMO.
    Not to loud now - supergoose might hear

All the hype surrounding June 30 will soon come to an end and there will be a free for all for players on the open market. Over the past month or so we have been narrowing down between ourselves and from rumours we have heard.
    Can we get a final estimation of all players who are possabilities...

Yet to sign
    Michael Henderson (Permission to negotiate with Titans)
    Nate Myles (bound by Anti Tampering)
    Roy Asotasi (bound by Anti Tampering)
    Jake Webster (All but signed)
    Josh Hannay
    Karmichael Hunt (Bound by Anti Tampering)

Unavailable
    Kaufusi
    Tonga

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Not to loud now - supergoose might hear
    Nice work DeeGan, but I'm not a Fitzgibbon fan (but am a RLW fan). Latest I have heard is that the Sharks will make a play for him to replace Thompson who is likely to go to Souths. BTW was DeeGan from the Gold Coast in the RLW letters the same DeeGan as this DeeGan?

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!