Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Titans Team > June 30

With June 30 rapidly approaching it obvious alot of players are coming off contract and are under the Titan Microscope.

To fill the First 13 we are looking for a Fullback, both Centres, a Prop and a Back Rower.
    I would love to see what people think in regards to who would be good in those positions or who they think will actually end up there because of rumour and gossip.

For Mine, I would like to see either greenshields or mathers in the number 1. I think if Gaz stays at 5/8 then the chance of signing Greenshields is quite good!
    For the centres, Brett Delaney would be a good option as a promising youngster and I'd like to see either an experienced centre in one spot and
    a young gun coming through the ranks....Mick Devere maybe.....
    Ashton Sims is one player I would like to see in the Titan jersey next year and Im not sure what his contract details are like but he could work from either the first or second row, but it wouldn't hurt to bleed another junior in this posititon.

What do you think? Feel free to mention those who you think would be a great utility for us or an impact bench player!!!! (Is Jensen available? )

I have been quoted on here many times hoping to sign the following players;

Fullback: Clinton Greenshields (Stg Illawarra) - fantactic young fullback who has expressed interest in a chance at the Gold Coast before. Greenshields would give us a good young fullback who has the majority of the boxes ticked for a young fullback. I would love to see him given the chance over a full NRL season.

Centres: Brett Delaney (Parramatta) and Mick Devere (Huddersfield) - Delaney is a centre prospect I have been singing his praises since late last year, I think he is a signing that gives us a career centre, five-eight or even lock if required. Capable goal kicker and a level headed player who will only get better. Mick Devere is as professional as they come and has represented NSW and Australia. Devere would be a great role model for the Elite Academy players and a loyal club man who would relish in a new team environment.

Prop: Carl Webb (North QLD) & [insert young prop here] - Webb would be a fantastic signing in partnering Luke Bailey. What a tandem that would be in setting the platform for Prince and Campbell to work their magic. We need a very good prop rotation and whilst a name is not inserted at this point, we should be looking a guys who are not going to be detrimental to us when the started are of the field. Brisbane for example can go missing minus Webcke and Petero, a young prop in the mould of a Matthew Scott, Fui Fui Moi Moi, Adam Poore etc.

Haven't the time to throw names around, though a player who can play the majority of the 80 minutes would be great plus another explosive type in the Webb mould.

Fullback- Clint Greenshields or Luke Patten
    Centres- Josh Hanney and Shane Elford, Brett Delaney
    Prop- Carl Webb, Aston Sims
    2nd Row- if possible Ben Creagh if not Webb and Sims play 2nd row

Interchange- Justin Poore
    Henry Perenara
    Aaron Gorrell (would be starting hooker in my team)
    Luke Stuart

im problerly millions over the cap.

I would like to see the following:-

FULLBACK - Richie Mathers
    CENTRE - Willie Tonga, Jake Webster
    PROP - David Solomona
    SECOND ROW - Justin Poore
    INTERCHANGE - Steve Turner

Fullback - Clint Greenshields
    Centre - Nigel Vagana
    Prop - Antonio Kaufusi
    2nd Row - Ashton Sims
    Interchange - Dean Widders

i rkn Aaron Gorrell would be a mad pickup, drop that friend kid, who is he anyway rofl
    greeny or that guys from england would be good for fullback, i would also think carny and him would have the best teamwork and **** as they both from england
    deanley has impressed me at parramatter and i always like mcdeve
    webb would work solidy next to baily and would setup a mad platform
    maybe millard from dragons? dont know if his of contact but use to goto same school as him and his pretty good, up and coming

Sorry about the technicality but Carney is Welsh. And Friend is a good hooker stuck behind a slightly better hooker with Cameron Smith, thats who he is....

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by patskE
    i rkn Aaron Gorrell would be a mad pickup, drop that friend kid, who is he anyway rofl
    greeny or that guys from england would be good for fullback, i would also think carny and him would have the best teamwork and **** as they both from england
    deanley has impressed me at parramatter and i always like mcdeve
    webb would work solidy next to baily and would setup a mad platform
    maybe millard from dragons? dont know if his of contact but use to goto same school as him and his pretty good, up and coming
    Friend? Great defender who puts in 110% no matter. Attack is ok but wont matter with Prince and presto in the team.

Junior Titan

Kurt Gidley is off contract this year, and word is the Knights can't afford to offer him the kind of money he's currently on. Whilst he's not much of a half in Johns' absence (and Presto certainly isn't the carrying kind of five eighth), he would make a very good centre. That's where most Newcastle fans have wanted him for some time now. If not in the centres, his utility value would be great. He defends brilliantly and has a great support game. Would be a nice acquisition for the side.

Sorry about the technicality but Carney is Welsh.
    Sorry about the technicality, but Carney is Irish.

1. clint greenshields / brenton bowen / luke patten
    2. Matt Peterson
    3. chris walker / josh hannay / daniel fitzhenry
    4. jamie lyon / mick de vere / clinton toopi
    5. Brian Carney
    6. Preston Campbell
    7. Scott Prince
    8. hutch maiava / antonio kaufusi / lance thompson
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Luke Bailey
    11. mark minichello / david stagg / carl webb
    12. Anthony Laffranchi
    13. Luke O'Dwyer

14. dean widders
    15. greg bird
    16. matt ballin
    17.bronx goodwin

Greg Bird would be a great gain for the club, he can cover most positions and would be a good strike weapon coming off the bench.

Brenton Bowen is a class player who is stuck behind some of the best backs in the game, given a chance i believe he would succeed in first grade, he can cover any position in the back line, also gives another kicking choice.

Chris Walker, although he isnt a very liked player, he has blistering speed which would be very handy running off of prince and campbell. Also another goal kicker.

Josh Hannay is a great player with a great deal of experience, one of the leagues top goal kickers and also a great deffender. now that ty williams has been appointed to the centres and Josh having to drop to the young guns to make room for him i can see Hannay looking elsewhere.

Matt Ballin has a great deal of potential, i believe he could play either in the backrow or in the centres. having played all of my junior footy both alongside and against him, im confident given the right coaching and the chance to gain some confidence he would be a star player.

Junior Titan

There's pretty strong word that Widders wants to follow Brian Smith to Newcastle in 2007. No word on whether or not the Knights are interested.

Well I can't pick a whole team, so I will just name some players I think would be good to look at come June 30...

- Willie Tonga
    - Clint Greenshields
    - Jake Webster
    - Timana Tahu
    - Josh Hannay
    - Mick De Vere
    - Carl Webb
    - Ashton Sims..

hannay looks promising. in todays paper he says that he will deffinately be having talks with the titans, as he wasnt even named in the 18 man squad for this weekends clash with the knights.

Hannay is looking good. A quality (when in form) centre with Kicking ability!
    http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23214,00.html

Certainly would add much needed experience outwide.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....