Junior Titan

Default RD6: Bulldogs Vs Souths

source: bulldogs.com.au
    Bulldogs Coach Steve Folkes has made one change to the 17 man squad that played against the Raiders last week.

Sonny Bill Williams returns from injury to take his place on the bench, with Jon Green shifting to Premier League. Both Reni Maitua and Daniel Holdsworth will remain the Bulldogs halves pairing after a solid display last weekend.

The full team for the Bulldogs game against the Rabbitohs at Telstra Stadium on Easter Monday at 3pm is:

1. Luke Patten
    2. Hazem El Masri
    3. Andrew Emelio
    4. Willie Tonga
    5. Trent Cutler
    6. Reni Maitua
    7. Daniel Holdsworth
    8. Chris Armit
    9. Corey Hughes
    10. Roy Asotasi
    11. Willie Mason
    12. Andrew Ryan (c)
    13. Tony Grimaldi

Interchange:
    14. Adam Perry
    15. Mark O'Meley
    16. Nate Myles
    17. Sonny Bill Williams

The South Sydney Rabbitohs welcome back Ben Walker, Yileen Gordon and Mark Minichiello to the first grade ranks this weekend as they face the Bulldogs at Telstra Stadium.
    Walker will play halfback with Gordon slotting in at centre while Minichiello has been named on a six-man bench as he appears for the first time in 2006.

The Rabbitohs full team line-up is as follows:

1. Todd Polglase
    2. Nathan Merritt
    3. Yileen Gordon
    4. Adam MacDougall
    5. Shannon Hegarty
    6. John Sutton
    7. Ben Walker
    8. Peter Cusack (c)
    9. Shane Walker
    10. Luke Stuart
    11. David Fa'alogo
    12. Joe Galuvao
    13. Shane Rigon

Interchange:
    14. Jaiman Lowe
    15. Manase Manuokafoa
    16. Ben Rogers
    17. Mark Minichiello
    18. Paul Mellor
    19. Shannan McPherson
    Last edited by GoldCoastDogFan; 11-04-06 at 04:04 PM.

YAY, The Bulldogs have Sonny back...

That is a very strong side.. and Reni and DJ will have had more time to work on Combinations... I am looking forward to monday..

Titan Club Captain

Im so nervous!!

I have butterflies already!!...the last time i got butterflies was round 3 against the knights and even then it was only like 1/2 an hour before the game :rotflmao:

Good luck to ya Sonny!! .. and the rest of the boys

This thread was hard to find!!!!

Final Results

Bulldogs: 26
    Tries: Hughes, Tonga, Patten, Ryan

Rabbitohs: 18
    Tries: Merritt, Galuvao, Sutton

Man of the Match:
    Patten (BUL)
    Last edited by Queenslander; 17-04-06 at 06:11 PM.

You got the teams mixed up QLDer

Bulldogs: 26
    Tries: Hughes, Tonga, Patten, Ryan
    Goals: El Masri 5/6

Souths: 18
    Tries: Merrit, Galuvao, Sutton
    Goals: Sutton 0/1, Merritt 3/3

It was a good game and Sonny Bill made a successful return but only playing for 20 minutes.

Well what can I say about this game..

I have to say it was not a great performance by the Bulldogs in attack, we lacked options and we didn't have much 5th tackle brilliance in the kicking game.. we need Sherwin back ASAP..

As for the Defense... SENSATIONAL... what a team effort and they did it all the time, shame we could capitalise more on it in attack.

Russell Smith is lousy.. sorry but that is my opinion ATM.. he sinbinned Patten when he never should have been... and he kept making silly mistakes against both sides and causing the game to stop start, I thought it was funny though Andrew Ryan trying to get Nate Myles out of trouble by talking to him..

Nice try Bobcat... but Nate was place on report, and I am worried we may not have him against Manly next week...

Was glad to see Sonny Bill return safely and have a semi -impact when he was on.. good in Attack and Defense and promising signs..

Souths played well but with 15 men were always going to have a tough task of keeping it up for 80 mins.. but credit to them for playing well in the 1st half..

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

Did Merritt get the last score AGAIN?
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by The Original Idiot
    Did Merritt get the last score AGAIN?
    Nah scored first this time....woudl have been bloody freaky if he did tho!

I thought souths had this game in the bag....they looked strong and the doggies just could not hold the ball. But the last 30 mins the doggies played some good footy and souths couldnt contain them any longer.

I agree with a few things there - Russell Smith is terrible, he is up there with Clark as the two referees who would most benefit from sitting down with Harrigan and being shown how to let a game flow. Just cause there is a minor infringment there doesnt mean you have to blow it. Bill let a lot of minor things go (that really didnt have any bearing on the play) and that encouraged open flowing games.

As for the game itself, like the Roosters v Broncos game, The Rabbits were horrible. The Dogs were good in patches, but I feel if they were playing most other teams they would have been chasing more and would have found scoring harder.

Though also like Brisbane, the Dogs have a lot of improvement in them so I wouldnt be to worried if I was a Dogs fan. They do need to sort out there 6 & 7, it is harming their game.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Titan Club Captain

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Haha im so freaking happy while it wasnt a sparkly win we still won all though i do believe we'll have to brush up against manly :hmm:

Sonny IS BACK *dances* How good was he?? He was awesome ... considering he hasnt play in oh about 8, 9 or 10 months

Russell Smith dont even get me started :box: WTF sending Patten to the bin HE DID NOTHING WRONG FFS still pees me off.

WELCOME BACK SONNY!!