Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Wii-kly Update: Three new classic games announced for Wii Shop Channel

http://www.news4gamers.com/wii/News-19296.aspx

Today Nintendo adds three new classic games to the popular Wii Shop Channel. The games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the channel every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week?s new games are:

Gradius (NES, 1-2 players, 500 Wii Points): Across the galaxy, there exists a distant planet known as Gradius. Gradius? peaceful existence has been brought to an end by an intense space invasion by a race known as the Bacterion. To save the planet, the hyperspace fighter Vic Viper has been deployed to fight the Bacterion invasion. Players pilot the Vic Viper through seven stages, shooting and dodging through deadly obstacles, while using various power-ups, including missiles, lasers, options and shields. The Vic Viper?s target is the enemy fortress, Xaerous. The only way to end the war is to plunge deep through the enemy forces and destroy its very core.

Soldier Blade (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, 600 Wii Points): A new shooter in the ?Star Soldier? tradition. Players play as an SIA (Special Interception Airforce) pilot flying the heavy assault fighter ?Soldier Blade.? Players face the Zeograd invasion force with weapon attacks that change each time they grab a power-up item. Players can unleash three different kinds of attack depending on the color of the power-up item. New features, such as the ?Gunbody? option for avoiding enemy attacks and the ?Burst Out? system (which has a different effect depending on the power-up level), add a strategic element that requires players to make snap decisions about which items to grab and when to use special attacks. Awesome boss battles await players at the end of each operation. Playing in ?CHALLENGE? mode requires players to try to get as many points as they can in a limited amount of time.

Dungeon Explorer (TurboGrafx16, 1-5 players, 600 Wii Points): Dungeon Explorer is a multiplayer action/role-playing game where up to five players can play at the same time. The story takes place in underground dungeons. Players can choose from eight different character types: Fighter, Thief, Warlock, Witch, Bishop, Elf, Bard or Knome. Depending on the character, the types of magic, attack strength and movement will all vary. To survive, players most know all about their enemies? weaknesses. Players also must know about the special attributes of each magic spell and use them to their greatest advantage. In team-play games, working together is the key to victory. Any combination of Wii Remotes and Nintendo GameCube controllers can be used in multiplayer games.

3,600,000 sold world wide.

I can't wait for Alex Kid and Wonder Boy on Wii VC.

As a loyal Nintendo patriot I never played them, it would be treason to the Big N!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    3,600,000 sold world wide.

I can't wait for Alex Kid and Wonder Boy on Wii VC.

As a loyal Nintendo patriot I never played them, it would be treason to the Big N!
    Aw man I liked Alex Kidd on sega and got called it once because of my sideburns :rotflmao:

I'm getting a wireless modem in the next few days, so I will finally be able to get online and download some VC games

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    Aw man I liked Alex Kidd on sega and got called it once because of my sideburns :rotflmao:
    Hahahaha that's hilarious.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Hahahaha that's hilarious.
    Hahaha I didnt find it at the time funny as I was little but its funny to look back and laugh

If this console provides Perfect Dark and really good Bond games Im definitely giving this console a go and for the Zelda games .
    Looks like this thread is bringing me over this side back from Sony to Nintendo

It won't provide you with Perfect Dark. The rights for that franchise is owned by Microsoft.

Damn well I may still consider it with Zelda

Yea Nintendo sold RARE to MS. They made a packet.

Yea Nintendo sold RARE to MS. They made a packet.
    Oh well I always have the 64 game.
    How good are the Zelda games because thats one of my fav ever games?

How good are the Zelda games because thats one of my fav ever games?
    What ones have you played?

It's one of the more consistent, quality wise, video game series that's for sure. Zelda: Twilight Princess is easily the best Wii game available.

I only played Ocarina of time on 64 and wanna try the second one on 64.
    I wanna play and clock all of them

Wii tops new console launches
    [UPDATE] Nintendo's upstart platform sells 1.1 million in 2006, versus 687,300 PS3s; both surpass the 607,000 Xbox 360s sold in 2005; 1.1 million 360s sold in December.
    By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot
    Posted Jan 11, 2007 5:02 pm PT

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6164106.html

With the release of NPD Funworld's 2006 numbers today, one big question was answered. Namely, the figures revealed which of the three formerly next-generation consoles sold the most at launch.

To those following the industry, the winner should come as no surprise. From its release on November 19 until December 31, more than 1.1 million "new-gen" Wiis were sold in the US. That was nearly double the approximately 687,300 PlayStation 3s sold following its November 17 launch until the end of the year. By comparison, the just over 607,000 Xbox 360s were sold in 2005 following its November 22 launch.

During December 2006, the 360 sold more than 1.1 million units, no doubt benefiting from scant supplies of the PS3 and the popularity of Gears of War. As of the end of 2006, Microsoft's console had sold just over 4.5 million units in the US and more than 10.4 million worldwide.

But before the Nintendo faithful begin writing epitaphs for Sony and Microsoft, NPD senior marketing manager David Riley said the only thing holding back the 360 and PS3 was production capacity. "Comparing the three consoles is like apples and oranges," he told GameSpot. "It was all about availability. Microsoft and Sony were moving them as fast as they could put them out. [But] Nintendo was on the ball."

Riley also thought the PS3's high price--$499 for the 20GB model, $599 for the 60GB--wasn't as large a factor as many have made it out to be. "I think price plays a role there, but remember during the holiday season people have deep pockets," he said. "Kids know what they want, and if they tell mom to go buy a PS3 and she comes home with a Wii, they won't be happy."

Fundamentally, though, Riley thinks that there are no losers in the next-gen console war--only winners. "I know plenty of gamers who own multiple platforms. That's why I despise the term console wars," he said. "I have all three, and I buy the software I want for each one."

[UPDATE] Within an hour of the NPD numbers' release, the spin doctors were out in force. Dave Karraker, Sony Computer Entertainment America's director of corporate communications, said that his company did indeed ship 1 million PS3s in North America in 2006. "NPD doesn't account for Canada... [and] doesn't cover all of our USA retailers," he told GameSpot. "We sold-in more than 150,000 systems the last week of December, so there were many units in transit or at retailer's backrooms waiting to be put out [by year's end]."

For its part, Microsoft claimed outright victory over the holidays. "The Xbox 360 garnered a 51 percent market share in the United States for December 2006...outselling the PlayStation 3 and Wii combined in December and outselling all next-generation consoles in November and December," the company said in a statement.

Analysts were also skeptical, with some believing that the Wii sold more than NPD reported. "I don't understand how US Wii sell-through could be 1.1 million cumulatively, with Nintendo saying that they shipped half of their 4 million here and zero inventory on retail shelves at year end," said Wedbush Morgan Securities' Michael Pachter. "Where are the other 900,000 units? I assume 200,000 are in transit, but this number makes no sense to me at all."

I can't believe how popular it is. I wan't to play a Wii in a store, and noone has one set up to display, they're completely out of stock.
    One of my friends is getting one this weekend, I'll have to go visiting.