Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

I saw EB is selling them for $200 if you trade in an xbox and some games, very tempting! Not sure I own enough games to get it for the $200 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I saw EB is selling them for $200 if you trade in an xbox and some games, very tempting! Not sure I own enough games to get it for the $200 though.
    I was going to trade in my Xbox, but then they said I could only get about $30 store credit because it had a mod chip and most of the games were pirated

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    Hi, just got back from a Wii party. Spent all night playing and still havent slept yet.

It was awesome, we played mainly Wii Sports and Wii Play.

Baseball and bowling are the best, boxing is great but really physical we were puffing and sweating from some really tight and hard fought battles.

Zelda is the best game EVER.

Played a bit of call of duty, loved the controls.

The controller is fantastic, as soon as you pick it up, it feels natural. The motion sensor tech is fantastic and it makes the simpliest things very fun and we also loved how the console makes you actually be active and stand up and move around.

Im so tired and incoherent, just thought I'd share some thoughts. Im off to play ZELDA!!

Oh and Capital Shark knows me VERY well, me and him go WAY back, YEARS AND YEARS! He has me worked out. But we are both big Nintendo fans! Especially back in the N64 years.

Im looking forward to getting Wario. I tell you an olympics game on this would be amazing or a new california games!!
    hahaha you bloody machine!

Yes the N64 days were good ones. Thats the last Nintendo I owned, it was excellent. I hardly play games anymore, even if I have the time, which is rare, so buying a new console would be a waste for me. I may have to hire a Wii in the future though, it sounds very good, even if reports are from someone as Nintendo bias as DIEHARD lol.

Have fun DIEHARD, which I'm sure you will, but remember, your sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Does anyone know what happened to the different coloured ones that are on the first page of this thread?

I think they were just for show. I can't imagine Nintendo not releasing more colours in the future, but for now I think white is the only colour available.

I'm right into Zelda atm. There is no game serious I love more than Zelda and this is the most amazing game yet!

Been playing Wii Sports and Wii Play all weekend. My girlfriend loves the Wii.

I can't believe how popular and how much hype the machine has, its all well deserved but its still joyous for a long suffering Nintendo fan, used to being #1 from the old NES and SNES days. Much like being a Ferarri fan in the 1980s and early 1990s.

Everyone get a Wii!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Everyone get a Wii!
    lol, I'm over consoles, It's all PC for me

GO THE MAROONS!

Quote Originally Posted by MonaroMan
    I feel so proud to be one of those 30,000
    I am deciding between the Wii and the 360. I am leaning towards the Wii purely as it is cheaper in every way, but the 360 has better graphics and more media friendly.

Have you played the Wii yet, what do you think?

This question can be directed at you too DIEHARD.

Just get a Wii and use your PC as well for games. That'll cover all bases pretty well.

Wii for action, adventure, sports and party games, PC for strategy, first person and RPGS. :guit:
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

and RPGS. :guit:
    No thanks! lol

yea i probably would get one If I had the money...But for now I'll settle for just my computer

They do sound pretty cool though...But I'm assuming it will only go downhill like EyeToy did!

GO THE MAROONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Dee
    But I'm assuming it will only go downhill like EyeToy did!
    Why?

I dunno, I spose Wii Sports is similar to the eye toy in a way, and it is very popular atm, So i think it can really only go down from here...I think the whole idea of actually physically playing the game will eventually get a bit boring, as the eye toy did. BUT...i havn't played the Wii yet so i can't really judge until i do...

GO THE MAROONS!

I dunno, I spose Wii Sports is similar to the eye toy in a way, and it is very popular atm, So i think it can really only go down from here...
    What point are you trying to make? That Wii Sports will become boring or that Wii will become boring?

I think the whole idea of actually physically playing the game will eventually get a bit boring, as the eye toy did.
    But is it fair to compare a console, with many games and many developers creating content for it, to a game series on a traditional console? I don't think it is. I agree partially with your point - Eye Toy is pretty boring - but I don't agree with your logic "Well EyeToy was ultimately boring and Wii is sorta like it so...".

Quote Originally Posted by aspher
    What point are you trying to make? That Wii Sports will become boring or that Wii will become boring?
    I am referring to Wii Sports. I think the console itself will do fine!

Quote Originally Posted by aspher
    But is it fair to compare a console, with many games and many developers creating content for it, to a game series on a traditional console? I don't think it is. I agree partially with your point - Eye Toy is pretty boring - but I don't agree with your logic "Well EyeToy was ultimately boring and Wii is sorta like it so...".
    True, it was a bit harsh comparing them, but as i said, I can't realy judge as i Havn't played it yet. But from what i have seen IMO, It won't stay this popular...

GO THE MAROONS!

Yeah the EyeToy was the most boring thing to happen to the PS2... comparing it to the Wii which uses basically the same idea with REAL games = not good.

BTW Diehard, I'm in the same category as you. I'll be using the Wii for the classics and the games that actually play better with the controls, and I'll use my PC to get superior graphics (PC graphics are actually better than PS3 graphics if you have a top line video card) and for the games that are made easier with the presence of a keyboard and mouse.

Mum's keeping my Wii in the cupboard until Christmas (I dunno why, maybe just to keep up the tradition of getting presents on Christmas day). Only 14 days to go, and I can experience the greatness of the console
    Last edited by MonaroMan; 11-12-06 at 07:32 PM.