Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    For our launch, Dec 7th.

Im getting the Wii. Zelda, Blazing Angels, Call of Duty 3 and Red Steel.

Plus an extra controller that comes with the Wii Play game and the Wii Sports that comes with the console.

Plus a virutal console point card to download all my favourite old school games!
    have you seen the gameplay video for COD3? It's fantastic! With the motion sensor controllers, makes things lots more interesting!

GO THE MAROONS!

Reports of Zelda are amazing. It's not fair that the Yanks are playing Wii as we speak.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Nintendo's Wii makes its US debut
    November 20, 2006 - 12:12AM

Nintendo's new Wii video game console debuted at midnight (1600 AEDT) in New York today as thousands of die-hard fans, some of whom camped out for several days, welcomed the final entrant in the three-way scramble for dominance in the $US30 billion ($A39.19 billion) global game market.

At the Times Square Toys "R" Us store in New York, a line snaked around the block, with more than 1,000 gamers vying for first rights to take the scrappy game company's new machine home.

More than 900 enthusiasts gathered for the West Coast release at the GameStop store at Hollywood's Universal City Walk.

"We have enough product to satisfy the demand that's anticipated," Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime told Reuters.

Instead of trying to steal hard-core gamers from Microsoft and Sony, which have already released the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles, Nintendo hopes to expand the traditionally male video game audience by luring new players.

Nintendo priced the Wii at $US250 ($A326), compared with the $US600 ($A784) premium PS3 and the $US400 ($A523) top-end Xbox 360.

Kyoto-based Nintendo, which created video game characters Super Mario and Donkey Kong, has hooked girls and seniors with its Nintendogs pet training games and its Brain Age cognitive fitness title for its hand-held DS machine that is a break-out hit.

The device offers touch-screen and voice recognition capabilities that allow users to pet and speak commands to their dog or to write and speak answers to brain teasers.

Nintendo has taken a similar approach with the Wii.

The console's computing power is dwarfed by the Xbox 360 and the PS3. And the Wii does not offer the lifelike, high-definition graphics its bigger rivals boast.

Still, the Wii has captivated cynical gamers with its one-handed, motion-sensitive controller that lets users simulate fishing, playing tennis or shooting a bow and arrow.

"That's what makes you feel in the game," said Sergio Gonzalez, 18, who along with friends Anton Stockton and Tulgat Vandandorj, has been at the front of the Wii line at a Los Angeles Best Buy store since Friday afternoon.

Gonzalez and his buddies say they will not sell their Wiis on internet auction site eBay - where people are selling reserved Wiis at an average price of $US605 ($A790).

Waiting in line in Times Square, 17-year-old Xavier Herrera had the same plan: "I'm playing it tonight."

Some people who got their hands on the PS3 early also sold the system on eBay, getting more than four times its retail price.

Nintendo expects to ship four million Wii consoles globally by December 31, double the number of PS3s expected by year's end.

Nintendo's last console, the GameCube, sold 21 million units globally to land in third place, behind Sony's PlayStation 2 and Microsoft's Xbox.
    The company sold 11 million GameCubes in the United States and intends to double that number with the Wii.

Video game analyst David Cole, president of DFC Intelligence, said Nintendo is offering a one-two punch at launch with its games The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Wii Sports.

"I have to get Zelda," said Isaiah Johnson, 29, who was dressed in a black leather Nintendo coat and a Zelda sweatshirt. He was in line at Times Square, and got what he came for.

The Wii console will make its Australian debut on December 7.

Reuters

What Nintendo really needs is a good stream of quality and to a lesser extent exclusive software. If there is a games drought it will hurt the Wii badly.

Hopefully a lot of companies will port games to the Wii and use the classic controller, there is no reason to always use the motion sensor controls.

In the mean time I'm going to freeze myself for 3 weeks until the Wii is here....

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I'm getting the Wii some time next month, with The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess and Call of Duty 3. I just need some advice here, should I pre-order it now, or will EB Games have enough in stock for me to just walk up before Christmas and buy one?

Well I preordered the Wii yesterday, with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Wii Play (for the bonus controller).

Only 11 days until release!

Titans First Grader

In the mean time I'm going to freeze myself for 3 weeks until the Wii is here....

lol, whats the worst that could happen?

Default Wii Sells 600,000 Units So Far

Wii Sells 600,000 Units So Far

Number accounts for units sold in "the Americas," Nintendo mum on formerly promised number of one million. Also, Zelda sells a lot.

WII IS A MASSIVE HIT

600,000 First-Week Purchases Attracting Veteran and New Gamers

REDMOND, Wash., Nov. 27, 2006 - Built on a foundation of pure fun, Nintendo's new Wii? video game system sold through to more than 600,000 consumers in the Americas in just its first eight days of availability. That's a rate of nearly one per second continuously since the Nov. 19 launch. Including just first-party software and accessory sales, Wii instantly has become a $190 million business in the Americas. During the Thanksgiving holiday shopping weekend, there was plenty of conversation across the nation about the high demand for the Wii system, with the acknowledgment that if you see one, you'd better buy it.

"Even with sales already in excess of 600,000 units, demand continues to exceed supply, as it's clear this is one of the ?gotta-have' products for the holiday season," says Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. "We've shipped retailers several times the amount of hardware the other company was able to deliver for its launch around the same time - and we still sold out. Given the inclusive nature of Wii game play, we're seeing this new form of video gaming is already a huge hit with gamers and newcomers alike. It continues to be a phenomenal launch."

The system also is succeeding in its stated mission of reinvigorating current players, while attracting new ones. Every Wii system includes the five-game Wii Sports? software, which is the talk of the Internet, featuring countless reports on how previously devout non-gamers have suddenly been converted via the amazing new way games are experienced using the system's remarkable controller. At the same time, the masterful The Legend of Zelda?: Twilight Princess, a favorite of avid gamers, already has achieved sales of more than 454,000 units in the Americas, representing more than 75 percent of all hardware purchasers.

Licensees, pleased not only with the sales performance of the Wii, but also its creative development capabilities, are publicly sharing their comments:

"Madden NFL 07 is a great example of how the Wii gives players a whole new experience on their favorite games," says EA Studio President Paul Lee. "EA's creative teams are working to build more Wii features into some of our most popular franchises."

"The creativity we've been able to unleash on the Wii system with our game Red Steel has been eye-opening for our development teams," explains Ubisoft President Laurent Detoc. "Having the opportunity to design and develop entirely new game-play experiences using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk is both exciting and rewarding."

Classic games also are proving to be a hit on Wii, which offers downloadable access to 20 years of the best of Nintendo?, Sega Genesis? and TurboGrafx16? hits via the system's Virtual Console? feature.

Source: NintendoWorldReport.com

Junior Titan

if i had the money id defiantly get a Wii
    nintendo are the gods of gaming imo
    I'm CM Punk and i'm better than you

6 days to go.

Latest news from the Herald Sun is that Australians have pre-ordered over 30,000 Wii consoles!

An astounding figure! That is more than the 360 sold in 4 days. And the USA sold 600,000 Wiis at launch.

Not bad for a lil country.

Latest news from the Herald Sun is that Australians have pre-ordered over 30,000 Wii consoles!

An astounding figure! That is more than the 360 sold in 4 days. And the USA sold 600,000 Wiis at launch.

Not bad for a lil country.
    I feel so proud to be one of those 30,000

Quote Originally Posted by MonaroMan
    I feel so proud to be one of those 30,000
    Me too, what games are you going to get?

Sorry just read, Zelda with Wii Play + controller. Good choice, that is what I'm getting.

371,936 sold in two days in Japan.

Only one day until the Australian launch!

371,936 sold in two days in Japan.
    :eek: :eek: :eek: is that all! for japan, i thought it would be way more!!!

GO THE MAROONS!