Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Bundled Big Brain Academy for Australia

Grab a Wii Remote and Big Brain Academy for Wii for a bargain price this November.

September 28, 2007 - Nintendo Australia has announced today that Big Brain Academy for Wii will be availble for purchase in an optional, Limited Edition bundle, which also includes a Wii Remote for $79.95.

The game will launch nationwide on November 8 and will also be available for purchase on its own at $69.95. So, just like Wii Play, an extra $10 will grab you quite a cheap Wii-mote indeed!

Aussie Nintendo

I am definitely getting this!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I just saw on a forum that Guitar Hero 3 will be on Wii... Old news too apparently.

Happy times!

I'm currently playing through Super Paper Mario on Wii. It's great.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    I just saw on a forum that Guitar Hero 3 will be on Wii... Old news too apparently.

Happy times!

I cant wait for this game, ill be getting it on the xbox 360, but it will be the same.

One of the best party games ever made
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

SONIC IS IN SMASH BROS!

Nintendo has announced at its fall conference in Japan today what some have long hoped for: SEGA's iconic Sonic the Hedgehog will be among the star-studded line up of playable characters in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=18071

Nintendo to launch Wii workout board

Japanese video game creator, Shigeru Miyamoto, displays the new balancing board controller for the Nintendo's Wii console. Photo: AFP

Couch potatoes beware: Wii owners will be able to get an even more vigorous workout from December when Nintendo launches a new fitness balance board for its hit video game console.

The "Wii Fit" board and software can be used for exercising, sports and games including yoga, virtual snowboarding, ski-jumping and aerobics to help users battle the bulge in their living rooms.

The board, which looks like a set of bathroom scales, is the latest salvo in Nintendo's battle to widen the appeal of video games beyond just teenagers locked away in their bedrooms.

Nintendo announced Wednesday that the package would go on sale in Japan from December 1 for 8,800 yen ($US75). Launch dates for other countries were not announced.

Last year's launch of the Wii and its motion-sensitive controller - which can be used like a tennis racket, golf club or bowling ball - triggered a slew of reports of aching backs, sore shoulders and what has been dubbed "Wii elbow."

Nintendo said it discouraged players weighing more than 136 kilos from using the new balance board.

The company also announced its would launch "Wii Ware" - a new service to download games and other software via the internet - from next March.

"We know that any player will get bored with any type of game console," Nintendo president Satoru Iwata told a packed press conference near Tokyo.

"In order not to have the Wii end up as a temporary phenomenon, we need to enlarge the gaming population," he said.

Iwata said he wanted to expand the usage of the Wii beyond the home and into the online world.

Although 51 percent of Japanese households have broadband internet access, only 40 percent of Wii users go online with their console, he said.

Nintendo is enjoying huge success with the Wii, far outselling rival Sony with its PlayStation 3.

While Sony put the emphasis on chip power and ultra-realistic graphics for the latest addition to the PlayStation series, Nintendo opted to develop an easy-to-use console that would appeal to a wider audience.

Kyoto-based Nintendo announced it would launch a total of 70 brand new software titles in the coming months for the Wii, including "Super Mario Galaxy" and "Mario and Sonic at Beijing Olympics."

But the long-awaited "Smash Brothers X" will be delayed by several months until January 24.

The price of Nintendo shares soared 4.1 per cent as investors cheered news that the new fitness game would be available in time for the crucial year-end shopping period.

Nintendo, which started out in 1889 making playing cards, overtook Sony earlier this year in market value despite the fact that in terms of revenue it is about eight times smaller than the Japanese consumer electronics icon.

In an effort to catch up with Nintendo's Wii, Sony recently announced it would slash the PlayStation 3's price by 10 percent and launch a slimmed-down version in Japan and Europe this month.

SMH

Reminds me of the old school N.E.S athletics mat!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    SONIC IS IN SMASH BROS!

Nintendo has announced at its fall conference in Japan today what some have long hoped for: SEGA's iconic Sonic the Hedgehog will be among the star-studded line up of playable characters in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=18071
    Brawl will increase the sales of Wii's tremendously... I can see it becoming one of the most sold video games of all time.

Online play, Snake and Sonic as playable characters, Co-Op adventure mode... Excited much?

LOL @ the Wii fit...

Yea Smash will be huge. But I'm dying for Mario Galaxy!

This WiiWare thing really gets me interested. Apparenly Nintendo has already received 1000 proposals from dev companies.

Also Wii has received the most 3rd party support in the 3rd quarter. :woot:

Is there any news of a new Zelda game. I almost through Twilight Princess even though I only play for a couple of days about every 4 months.

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

I heard that these wii's are pretty awesome

what are they like..?

Quote Originally Posted by RLfan View Post
    Is there any news of a new Zelda game. I almost through Twilight Princess even though I only play for a couple of days about every 4 months.
    No new Zelda games for the Wii yet.

They are releasing a game called Link's Cross Bow Challenge or something bundled with a zapper attachment to your wii remote.

There is a new Zelda game on DS, it is a true sequel to Wind Waker on Gamecube and has had fantastic reviews!

Thanks Diehard, might have to pick it up. My DS is just collecting dust since I became bored with Mario Kart.

hugebrianfan: these wiis are pretty awesome especially when people are over and you fire up the multiplayer games like NBA or Wii Sports. Apparently there is also a new Smackdown! game coming out on the Wii, interesting to see how they pull it off. Also you will NEED to get Guitar Hero.

Nintendo Australia has confirmed that Link's Crossbow Training will be debuting in Australia on December 13, bundled with the Wii Zapper for $49.95.

The game features almost 30 fast-paced shooting gallery stages, allowing payers to shoot everything from stationary targets to hordes of enemies - all in a world rendered by the Twilight Princess engine.

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com

A decent price but when you factor in the actual exchange rate not really Alot of industries must be making a mint atm.

But $50...yep that'll be good. I want my Link crossbow!!!

$50 is a bit of a rip considering it's just a throwaway game and a bit of plastic. I'm still not convinced on the design either. It doesn't look enjoyable to use.

Eh, ill buy it for the novelty value.

First ever Zelda game without Zelda in the title?