Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by aspher
    Seen the latest Super Mario Galaxy trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beVNSepFrys

I don't like the idea of travelling around to various puny 'islands'. When I first seen SMG way back, I though the area acted as a hub, but after viewing this latest trailer it seems like a good portion of the gameplay is centered around moving from one small island to the next.
    Sorry mate but that's not Super Mario Galaxy

Whoops, I was posting that link somewhere else and thought I copied the Mario one.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhI5jWNkj_I

I bought SSX Blur today and it looks like a very hard game. A lot of people have been complaining about the controls, and rightfully so IF you thought the game was pick up and play. The controls need to be mastered before the true greatness of the game comes through. The uber moves I'm sceptical off. Drawing patterns quickly sounds quite hard (I haven't tried it yet). Using the nunchuck for movement (actually turning the nunchuck) at first feels unnatural and it made me wonder why they just didn't have the character movement mapped to the actual analogue stick (in a sense it is. You use the analogue still to control the speed of your character and if you want slight left/right movements), but after a while the turning with the nunchuck feels natural and very awesome. Pulling off basic tricks is also a breeze. You just move the wii remote left or right to spin or up and down to flip. I haven't attempted any more complex tricks. If you crash out you shake the controllers.

So yeah, the controls are DEFINITELY NOT pick up and play. They take time to master but it's worth it if you are willing to persist. If not, I'd stick to another racer like Excite Truck.

My house mate came home with a WII today, we've been boxing for the last hour. Good value so far

Thumbs down

I can't believe this.

MMM last night where doing a console road test, they rung MS, Sony and Nintendo. MS and Sony provided consoles and games....Nintendo for some reason did not.

I have had a gutful of Nintendo Australia's arrogance, every other Nintendo market is far superior.

What a missed opportunity to appeal to that key 18-35 Male market!

Now they just look like spoil sports....
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

You should be used to it by now. Nintendo Australia act as a distribution service, nothing more. The market here in Australia is good for Microsoft and Sony hence they support it more.

If MMM were serious, they could have just bought one. I don't think a roadtest would have made any significant impact.

I finally got a new (2nd hand) Gamecube memory card. I can't find my old one.

So now I can play my Gamecube games on my Wii, about time!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Wii sells 6:1 to PS3 in Japan
    More positive news for Nintendo in its home country, Japan.

Reuters has reported the latest console sales figures in Japan for the four weeks leading up to June 24, revealing that Nintendo sold through 270,974 Wii consoles, as compared to the PS3's sales of 41,628. Microsoft, on the other hand, sold only 17,616 Xbox 360 consoles.

This has brought Wii's lead over the PS3 to 6 to 1 - an increase from 4 to 1 in April and 5 to 1 in May - helping Nintendo to become one of the top 10 Japanese companies.

Source: http://www.aussienintendo.com

Well it's been a while since I posted on this forum. Just letting you all know that I have gotten Mario Strikers Charged (awesome game, awesome fun) and 3 GameCube games - Super Smash Bros Melee, Metroid Prime 3, F-Zero GX. They are all great.

Can't wait for Metroid Prime 3 and Super Paper Mario, both of which are set for September Australian releases.

Missed this:
    E3 2007: Smash Bros. Brawl Date Set
    Find out when the most-anticipated Wii game will be released.

US, July 11, 2007 - Nintendo has officially announced the release date of Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Nintendo Wii. The game will release on December 3, 2007 -- later in the year than some thought (a few expected this to be the game to go up against Halo 3 or GTA4), but this gives room to the slew of other great titles from Nintendo for the system.

Unfortunately, Nintendo spoke of little else about the game -- a short clip of Super Smash Bros. Brawl was shown at the Nintendo E3 2007 conference (which looked amazing, a nice update on the classic look of the series), but the short discussion seems to be all Nintendo plans to show of the game. The team did not speak on the conditions or status of online play (which the company announced as planned when the title was first announced but has frustratingly not commented on since), and aside from the use of four different controller options, there were no specifics to be gleaned from the speech.

Still, December 3rd should be on your calendar no matter if you know nothing but this latest info or have been following the game's every update on the Super Smash Bros. Dojo website -- it promises to rock. We will have any more info on the game as soon as we get it from Nintendo.
    130 days left!

I think Nintendo were light on with SMASH news at E3 because they intend to have an independant event to promote the game.

I can't wait, there are some great games coming out atm.

Wii tops Nintendo DS in US sales for July

Nintendo's successful streak continued in the US during July, with the Wii and Nintendo DS nabbing first and second places in hardware sales.

August 24, 2007 - Nintendo's Wii was the best-selling piece of gaming hardware in the United States for the month of July with sales of 425,000 units, according to figures released by the NPD Group, which revealed that the console managed to dethrone the Nintendo DS ? by 20,000 units.

Following the Nintendo DS's second-placing with 405,000 units was the PlayStation 2, which topped sales of 222,000. The PSP wasn't far behind with sales of 214,000 units, followed by the Xbox 360 with 170,000, the PlayStation 3 with 159,000, and the Game Boy Advance with 87,000.

Referring to competitors' recent price cuts, Nintendo said in a statement, "Wii emerged as the month?s best-selling video game system of any type in the United States and achieved its highest weekly sales rates since December, despite pricing shifts in the industry."

Nintendo managed to finish with three games in the top ten for July, with Wii Play the best at #3 with sales of 278,000 units, Mario Party 8 at #5 with 177,000, and Pokemon Diamond at #7 with 144,000. EA's NCAA Football 08 for the Xbox 360 grabbed top spot with sales of 397,000 units, followed by Activision's Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks The 80s at second place with 339,000.

Nintendo added in its statement that it remained the top US game publisher for the sixth consecutive month.

Aussie Nintendo

Wii Overtakes Xbox360 In WorldWide Sales

Back in the days of the N64 and GameCube, if you said to some one that Nintendo would once again be back on top, you would be laughed at. If you said it on a gaming forum, you would be laughed at and either given some rediculous forum title or be banned.

Well, the impossible has come to pass according to the Japanese financial publication, Financial Times. This publication has collected the sales data of every region's sales data, collected by Enterbrain in Japan, NPD Group in the United States, and GfK in Europe respectively. The report issued by the Financial Times states that to date, there have been 9 million Wiis, 8.9 million Xbox360s, and 3.7 million PS3s sold worldwide. This marks the first time in almost two decades that Nintendo has climbed to the top of the worldwide video game market.

One analyst attributed the quick sales of the Wii to it selling strong in all three major regions, compared to the Xbox 360, which only sells strong in 2 major regions, despite the full year's head start it had on Nintendo's console.

The combined success of the DS and Wii has allowed Nintendo to skyrocket past Sony and embed itself deep within the list of top 10 most valuable companies. Furthermore, the success is likely to continue as the Wii has the highest purchase intent among consumers, which is according to a report released by BrandIntel.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/

I was in Myer the other day and had a go on the display Wii.
    Some baseball game, seemed quite fun and all, but very easy. Wasn't long until I was hitting balls out of the park.

The games probably get boring alone, but then, it's a bit boring when a friend comes over and you kick their butt on a game because they have never played it. Definitely filling a niche! I rarely have anyone over to play such games with though, so 360 for me, with Halo 3 and Halo Wars.

Nintendo second only to Japan's Toyota in value

September 26, 2007 - The financial news just keeps getting better for Nintendo, with Reuters reporting that the value of shares in the company have soared past those of Canon to become Japan's second highest behind the Toyota Motor company - the world's most profitable and valuable car maker.

Shares in Nintendo were up to 59,200 yen on Tuesday, or 3.1 per cent, which brought its market value to 8.39 trillion yen. That's just one-third of Toyota's 24 trillion yen. Oh what a feeling!

Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group shares, however, have a bigger market value than those of Nintendo, but they're currently suspended due to an imminent share split.

Aussie Nintendo