Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

WWE ready to rumble on Wii, DS

THQ confirms plans to bring wrestling franchise to Nintendo's systems, reaffirms first PS3 installment in series is on the way.

By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot Posted Feb 2, 2007 10:55 am PT

Traditionally, THQ hasn't been shy about spreading its WWE-licensed games around to different platforms. The company has made games based on the professional wrestling company's in-ring offerings for the PlayStation 2, the N-Gage, and everything in between.

However, 2006 was a fairly light year for the company's WWE license because its only major offering was WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007 for the PS2, PlayStation Portable, and Xbox 360. A PlayStation 3 version had been announced but was later canceled because THQ said the series would debut on Sony's next-generation system in late '07.

The PS3 isn't the only system looking forward to its first WWE game because THQ confirmed plans to step into the ring on the Wii and DS. In an investor conference call, the publisher said it would be releasing WWE products on Nintendo's latest systems sometime in its next fiscal year, which runs from April 2007 through March 2008.

There was no indication if the Nintendo games would fall under the SmackDown! vs. RAW banner, or if they would be separate series, as was done with WWE titles on the GameCube and Game Boy Advance.

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6165232.html?sid=6165232

I am looking forward to getting Mario Party, Scarface, Godfather, Paper Mario and Blazing Angels in the next couple months.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by ~Michel~
    WWE ready to rumble on Wii, DS

THQ confirms plans to bring wrestling franchise to Nintendo's systems, reaffirms first PS3 installment in series is on the way.

By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot Posted Feb 2, 2007 10:55 am PT

Traditionally, THQ hasn't been shy about spreading its WWE-licensed games around to different platforms. The company has made games based on the professional wrestling company's in-ring offerings for the PlayStation 2, the N-Gage, and everything in between.

However, 2006 was a fairly light year for the company's WWE license because its only major offering was WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007 for the PS2, PlayStation Portable, and Xbox 360. A PlayStation 3 version had been announced but was later canceled because THQ said the series would debut on Sony's next-generation system in late '07.

The PS3 isn't the only system looking forward to its first WWE game because THQ confirmed plans to step into the ring on the Wii and DS. In an investor conference call, the publisher said it would be releasing WWE products on Nintendo's latest systems sometime in its next fiscal year, which runs from April 2007 through March 2008.

There was no indication if the Nintendo games would fall under the SmackDown! vs. RAW banner, or if they would be separate series, as was done with WWE titles on the GameCube and Game Boy Advance.

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6165232.html?sid=6165232
    If the Wii versions are anything like the GCN's, I'll pass. I wish THQ would give the licence up and let AKI handle it. Their versions are far superior to anything Yuke's has put out.

I just realised Excite Truck is out next Thursday. Anyone picking it up?

PALGN gave it a 7.0. I'm not sure whether to buy it or not. If it wasn't $100 I'd snap it up. This video is nice if you don't know about it.

I'll get it.

Won't it be $79.95 though?

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    I'll get it.

Won't it be $79.95 though?
    Nup. I was hoping it would be but www.nintendo.com.au says SRP $99.95. It might be cheaper at one of the bigger retail chains. JB should knock a couple of bucks of it. DVD Crave has it for $88 so with standard postage you can get it for just over $90.

I'll have to get an SD card and reader too because I want to utilise the custom soundtrack. I might get that a bit later.

Ah that's a shame. I got Wario for $79,95 less 15% so I was happy with that.

Wii Outsells Competition in January

And amazingly, it wasn't even a close race.
    The NPD hardware figures for last month are in, and it looks like all the hub-bub about the Wii being really popular has translated into big sales. According to Nintendo, 453,503 of the hard-to-find Wii consoles were purchased last month, which is an impressive 33% more than the widely available Xbox 360, which sold through more than 294k systems. The PS3 brought up the rear with 244k sold in January.

Nintendo's press release calling everyone's attention to this fact is below.

NINTENDO NEWS: WII ARE NO. 1

Feb. 21, 2007 - Nintendo's new Wii? has become the best-selling video game system of any kind in January in the United States, and the fastest-selling new-generation home system. According to the independent NPD Group, Wii sold through 435,503 systems to customers in its January reporting period. By comparison, that's 70 percent higher than any other new video game system in its first January of availability during the last 10 years.

In addition, Nintendo DS? once again triumphed as the top-selling portable system, with nearly 239,000 hardware and more than 2.4 million software units sold. In combination, Nintendo game systems accounted for nearly as many unit sales (46 percent of the total market) as those of all other manufacturers combined.

The continuing success of Wii and DS demonstrates that the public has embraced Nintendo's philosophy of entertaining current gamers in new ways, and expanding gaming for the masses. Four of the top 10 best-selling games in January were for Nintendo systems, both home and portable.

The only limit on Nintendo's success is the availability of Wii and DS systems, which continue to sell out as fast as Nintendo can ship them. Shipments are being made continuously to feed the huge demand around the country.

Source: NintendoWorldReport.com

God damn it, I detached my nunchuck and have lost it somewhere.

Nunchucks you say DIEHARD?

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Titan One Clubman

oh dear, that is terrible

Anyway Nintendo DS's are awesome, cbf trying to see if there is a thread on it but Mario Kart is one of the best games ever, doesn't need ultra fancy graphics either to make it great.

Do you like a specific Mario Kart or just the series in general?

I'm interested to see how Mario Kart Wii will be.

Titan One Clubman

Quote Originally Posted by aspher
    Do you like a specific Mario Kart or just the series in general?

I'm interested to see how Mario Kart Wii will be.
    Currently playing mario kart DS which is brilliant, best one ever imo.. Mario Kart 64 was also good.

Some small news... "Mario Strikers Charged" will be called "Mario Strikers Charged Football" when it hits Australia.

Seen the latest Super Mario Galaxy trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beVNSepFrys

I don't like the idea of travelling around to various puny 'islands'. When I first seen SMG way back, I though the area acted as a hub, but after viewing this latest trailer it seems like a good portion of the gameplay is centered around moving from one small island to the next.