Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    This is funny.
    It wasnt that funny
    Last edited by Paddy; 27-01-07 at 07:57 PM.

This is funny.
    How is it funny?

Quote Originally Posted by MonaroMan
    How is it funny?
    Picture someone who doesn't know about the new nintendo overhearing a conversation where on fella says "there's NO WAY of turning me away from wee now!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Picture someone who doesn't know about the new nintendo overhearing a conversation where on fella says "there's NO WAY of turning me away from wee now!"
    Lol yeah I suppose I get it

I knew what u meant. It just wasnt that funny.

Well its not comical genius at its most pure, but the thought is worth a chuckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Well its not comical genius at its most pure, but the thought is worth a chuckle.
    Yeah sorry man , I wasnt angry at what u said. Just wasnt in my usual joking mood mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    Dang what a rip off
    Yeah, it's not exactly the greatest price in the world, but when you factor in Wii Sports it softens the price a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by aspher
    Yeah, it's not exactly the greatest price in the world, but when you factor in Wii Sports it softens the price a bit.
    And also when you factor in the price of the PS3 and Xbox 360 is softens it a lot

Quote Originally Posted by MonaroMan
    And also when you factor in the price of the PS3 and Xbox 360 is softens it a lot
    haha yes very true!

IMO the Wii is very good value for money!!!

GO THE MAROONS!

Wii Want Cricket

Do you want to see Cricket hit Nintendo's Wii? Join us in spreading the word!

As we've seen so far with Wii Sports, Nintendo's Wii Remote has given new life and appeal to sports games, and imaginations have run wild since the revolutionary controller was first revealed, with fans across the globe envisioning new styles of play.

Our Australian readers have their sights set on seeing the nationally-loved game of Cricket reinvented for Nintendo's new console. And, they're so enthusiastic about seeing it happening, and know just how well-perceived such a game would be, that they've began a viral infestation with a new website called http://www.WiiWantCricket.com, in a show of support to developers and publishers.

You can check out the teaser video above, while message board signatures and blog imagery can be found here, which will allow you to help spread the word. Meanwhile, the full website is set to launch in the near future, so be sure to keep an eye out for it!

Source: Aussie Nintendo
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I just picked up Wario Ware from Target.

$79.95 less 15% off that!

Currently really enjoying it. It is insane!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Sony, the builder of world's most powerful gaming console, the Playstation 3, apparently is as of late taking on a condescending tone towards the apparently more successful Nintendo Wii.

"Wii could be considered an impulse buy more that anything else," said Dave Karraker, a spokesman for Sony Computer entertainment of America, "but we believe the PS3 will be the console to attract hardcore, committed gamers, while Wii will do little beyond satisfying new and casual players."

It's common knowledge the Playstation 3 is significantly more powerful than the "tiny" Wii. However, Nintendo has proved [marketing] brains prevail over [hardware] brawn.

"Nintendo came at things sideways ? they made stuff that?s silly and fun," said Jeff Gerstmann, senior editor of GameSpot, quoted by NYP. "It has created a new style of gaming."

In that way Karraker is right saying "the Wii did not belong in the same category as the more powerful PlayStation 3". That's exactly the Wii's advantage. Perrin Kaplan, vice president for marketing at Nintendo of America, said the Wii was aimed at changing the perception of what kinds of games adults like to play. The console, she said, "has turned it all upside down."

"That?s absolutely inaccurate," she said to Sony's allegation that the Wii only appeared to be in higher demand because there had been fewer shipments of it.

GameSpot estimates some 76 game releases for the Wii in 2007, compared with 127 for PlayStation 3.

Because of the huge success registered on the market with its tiny console, Nintendo decided to increase the monthly production to at least 1 million units, in order to satisfy strong demand. Sony's Dave Karraker started off by stating 100,000 PS3s are shipping each week in the US, and are selling out.

While reporting its fiscal performance of the past quarter, the AP reports Nintendo shared that it met its original forecast of shipping 4 million units by the end of 2006, and that it still intends to have 7 million manufactured by the end of this fiscal year, which ends on March 31st.

In order to meet such a forecast, Nintendo says it's increasing production capacity to over a million Wii consoles per month. At such a pace, by the end of this year, over 18 million consoles would be produced. To give scale to such a figure, the Nintendo Gamecube sold 22 million units over the course of six years. Clearly, Nintendo's aggressive pacing shows they expect better success with their latest console.

John Pospisil of Tech.Blorge assesses correctly Karraker's comments when he writes, "To me it sounds like a PR hack trying to put a positive spin on a situation, which is anything but positive for Sony. I guess that?s what he?s paid to do."

Not to mention, it's quite impolite to condescendingly label all Nintendo Wii buyers as "impulse buyers," who, more or less, aren't capable of appreciating the much more powerful Playstation 3. Snatching the most powerful console ever would seem more like an impulse buy to me. I think Sony's comments, all in all, will have a negative impact on the company.
    http://www.playfuls.com/news_06063_C...s_Success.html

Titans First Grader

I think Sonys just a little jealous of Nintendo's brilliance with the Wii. Im sure Nintendo are very happy with their 'casual' 4 million buyers in a few months. Nintendo has introduced a new way of playing games and there is going to be a continual demand for what they have produced. Sony have lost out big time with their console, the delays and 'copied' features have put alot of people off them and i would imagine anyone who has an xbox or wii wont be investing in a ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by ~lee~
    I think Sonys just a little jealous of Nintendo's brilliance with the Wii. Im sure Nintendo are very happy with their 'casual' 4 million buyers in a few months. Nintendo has introduced a new way of playing games and there is going to be a continual demand for what they have produced. Sony have lost out big time with their console, the delays and 'copied' features have put alot of people off them and i would imagine anyone who has an xbox or wii wont be investing in a ps3.
    I agree. The only buyers that the PS3 will get are their fanboys.