Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default WII: Nintendo Wii

Its coming out around November, same time as PS3. Here is some info I got from another forum.

Backwards compatability:
    You can download your favourite NES, SNES and N64 games, and it was recently announced that 1000 sega genesis and Turbographix games will also be avalable. On top of this, Gamecube games can be played via insertiong the disc into the drive.

Revolutionary Controller

Since a revolution without flailing your arms around like a ****** isnt worth having after all, and the geniuses at the big N thought of that aswell.

The Controller (hereon refered to as the "RevMote" hehe) has instruments that can detect movement not only on the X and Y axis, but the Z axis, and angles. What does that mean? well, it means it can be used as a mouse does in an RTS, and it makes aiming in FPS a breez. It can also act as a makeshift light gun (That reminds me of when i was a kid i would aim our TV remote like it was a gun).

On top of that, it can be used as any number of objects. Examples? Cricket bats. tennis raquets swords....

the list goes on. I cant wait for some FPS on that baby....

Nintendo WiFi Connection

Its like XBOX live, but free. Stat tracking, patches, downloadable games, matchmaking, friends and rivals list.... Its a souped up version of the DS version.

Also, each revolution can plug into your PC to store content. It can also plug into monitors as well as TV's.

Last but not least:

Its sleek, its smooth and lets face it... its just awesome

PICTURES:

Geezus - looks likes something from Star Wars

I will be saving my pennies for the PS3 though - I have never been a Nintendo fan.

Yup Im also saving for a PS3 have always had em and love em.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

that controller is strange looking!

i'm not a 'gamer' but it'll be interesting to see how this all works.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    that controller is strange looking!
    Its not strange....I think the correct word to use for the Revolution is "spiffy" :rotflmao:

Yes very spiffy...and it is good to see Nintendo going back to the simple design.. it is an updated version of the first nintendo consoles... the grey and black boxes..

I like it.. but yes I think if I want to by a console system... which I might at the end of this year... I will go with either an XBOX 360 or a PS3

Talking Revolution Colours!

I can't wait for the Revolution to happen!!!
    Hope we get all the colours because I want a green one!!! :raph: :leonardo:

Looking forward to the Revolution. The new Red Steel game announced looks great, that utilises the new controlling mechanism.

I think if Nintendo can sort out their abysmal marketing and distribution they'll go well.

The titles for the Cube were there, there was a lot of titles, they just weren't distributed correctly or marketed.

I think with the lower price point, a lot of people will be picking up a Rev to put along side their XBOX and PS3.

I hope Nintendo hold the new Zelda over from Cube to Rev, releasing Zelda on Cube would be a massive mistake, especially at the time of a release of a new console. I know people will be pissed, but Zelda must be a launch title for Rev, milk it for all its potential.

Rev needs killer titles in the launch line up.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Nintendo has officially named their new console.......Nintendo Wii!

Nintendo names new console
    Correspondents in Los Angeles
    APRIL 28, 2006

NINTENDO has named its new video game console "Wii, which it said is pronounced "we" to emphasize that the console is for everyone.

The console up until now has been known by its code-name "Revolution."
    "While the code-name Revolution expressed our direction, Wii represents the answer," spokeswoman Perrin Kaplan said.

Nintendo, best known for its Game Boy portable video players, aims to gain share in the $US25 billion ($32 billion) global video game market now dominated by Sony.

Microsoft launched its next-generation Xbox 360 console late last year and Sony's new PlayStation 3 is due in November. Wii also is expected to hit store shelves later this year.

While the new consoles from Microsoft and Sony boast more power and high-definition graphics, Nintendo's goal is to roll out a machine that appeals to a broader audience than the young males who make up the traditional console gaming market.

A key feature of the Wii is its one-handed controller that looks like a television remote control and uses motion-detection sensors that allow players to control the game by wielding it like a sword, waving it like a conductor's baton, or swinging it like a baseball bat.

Reuters

Well that name just lowered its respectability a hell of a lot.... Wii? Are they only targeting the Japanese Market?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    Well that name just lowered its respectability a hell of a lot.... Wii? Are they only targeting the Japanese Market?
    Is it meant to be French or something...."We" or is it "Wi" means yes in French. But either way its weird :roll:

Love Nintendo, garbage name.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    Is it meant to be French or something...."We" or is it "Wi" means yes in French. But either way its weird :roll:
    lol

it's actually spelled oui.

Talking

Nintendo Wii launches today in the USA!!!!

For our launch, Dec 7th.

Im getting the Wii. Zelda, Blazing Angels, Call of Duty 3 and Red Steel.

Plus an extra controller that comes with the Wii Play game and the Wii Sports that comes with the console.

Plus a virutal console point card to download all my favourite old school games!