Default QLD: Will Shane Webcke have a Origin farewell?

QLD: Will Shane Webcke have a Origin farewell?

The great Shane Webcke is great form after three rounds of the NRL competition and if he declared himself available for QLD, he would be amongst the first players picked by the selectors.

With 2006 possibly being the end of the road at all levels of rugby league for the great prop, can he be enticed out of representative retirement for QLD?

Webcke is a man of his word and the likelyhood is a resounding 'NO, DON'T ASK ME AGAIN!!' - though it is something worth pondering for QLD given Carl Webb is in the reserves for the Cowboys.

Thoughts?

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

I have no doubts he could pull it off, but I highly doubt he'll accept any offer to play origin. He's been very firm in the past and realistically i don't think so, regardless of circumstances. He's a great player, but I think we'll see some younger blood in the number 8... the next shane webcke hopefully!

Nope - Webcke when he says somthing sticks to it. Again it would be unproductive to bring him back.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Webcke has said no, but it would just be the a great moment if he had one last run in a Queensland jersey in front of Lang Park crowd.

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

As i said in another thread, if you make a decision to retire, stick to it. Webcke has been a great servant for QLD over the years, he knows his body cant take it anymore. New blood, please step up.