Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

yer together they have a good mix

yeah it's the old cliche when your a half though your only as good as ya pack,the cowboys really aimed up yesterday,smiths kicking game was off though.
    i still don't rate firman,he's got talent but halfbacks in this day and age shouldn't be starting from the bench.

If it works then i would stick with it

Default impressed

i'm pretty impressed by the sign-ons for the 2007 Titans. I love league but don't follow it religiously, know all the stats etc and i recognised almost all the names on that list. that rates highly with me.

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

"If him and Thurston stay together theyll be the best combo in the league in a few years."

What beats me is why the Cowboys signed him when they already had Thurston, Sheppard (well, not anymore), Muspratt, Myles and McConnell. Oh well, at least the Coast can get McConnell, who is the best half in Queensland Cup.

McConnell has had a Quiet year this year. hopefully will be back to his best next year

Graham Appo For #6!
    Preston For Halfback!
    Viva La Resistance!

Are we actually going to sign anyone from development in the Gold Coast, because if we don't. It will be exactly like all the Gold Coast teams before us.

Hopefully they'll recruit from Burleigh and Tweed Heads.
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lachy
    Are we actually going to sign anyone from development in the Gold Coast, because if we don't. It will be exactly like all the Gold Coast teams before us.
    Hi there, Lachy. Somebody has asked Titans coach John Cartwright a similar question which hopefully answers yours too:

Screen-name: Teegy
    Question for: John Cartwright
    Question is: With the Titans are their going to be many QLD cup players considered for the first grade team or are you looking to have established NRL players?

Teegy, Thanks for your interest reguarding the Titans. The basis of our side will be established NRL players, but with the way the salary cap operates there will be places for players who are performing at Queensland cup level. We are very fortunate to have 3 quality clubs in, seagulls, Burleigh & IPs wich as our feeder clubs and im sure you will see some of your favourite Q cup players doing their stuff for the Titans.

and with three feeders clubs you'll find more and more local youngsters coming through and playing for us, similar to how nth qld now has many locals such as Matt Bowen and Ty Williams who have risen through the ranks and turned into superstars.

i just wonder how burleigh will go in the QLD Cup now when some of their top players are playing for the titans?

Ah Burleigh have had to deal with it for a while now... the Bulldogs have taken 6-8 a year from them to fix up their sides in JF, PL and FG.... nothing new for the Bears.. just a different club...

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    Ah Burleigh have had to deal with it for a while now... the Bulldogs have taken 6-8 a year from them to fix up their sides in JF, PL and FG.... nothing new for the Bears.. just a different club...
    well considering that, they have done well in the QLD cup. they made the GF this year. the pressure should ease off them considering that GC have 3 feeder clubs.

Yeah it should... but this year we didn't poach as much... I think only one player that came to the club came from there.... and yeah the pressure is off them now... GC have 3 feeder clubs.. and the Bulldogs are getting Juniors from North Sydney...

Everyone is happy... except the Melbourne Storm... as us Doggies keep stealing juniors away from them...

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    Yeah it should... but this year we didn't poach as much... I think only one player that came to the club came from there.... and yeah the pressure is off them now... GC have 3 feeder clubs.. and the Bulldogs are getting Juniors from North Sydney...

Everyone is happy... except the Melbourne Storm... as us Doggies keep stealing juniors away from them...
    well there wouldn't be many juniors in an AFL dominant state