Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

At a titans home game I would love nothing more than to walk in the gate and see Local junior clubs selling Footy doubles for thier own fundraising. As i make my way around to my seat, a stop at the bar is essential for a few rum and cokes.

A good lead up game (Be it two local junior teams, Or a state league game) followed by a musical act (like the broncos do)

But I think what will make the first ever titans game memorable will be at the 80th minute when the titans are in front on the scoreboard.
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

With the ladies day idea, maybe extend it to bay of seating at each game. Whether it be in the stands or a fenced off area of the hill. It has to be "female only" type thing. Include facilities in that area, food, drink, toilets etc. This works well at the races, so its worth a try. (I realise the races are an all day event but lets have a go.) I know a few chicks who won't go to the footy because of the "idiot" element.
    As far as kids activities go, keep them footy oriented. You can go to the circus, the Ekka or a school holiday carnival for jumping castles etc. Involve injured, suspended or lower grade players in this. Freebies like posters, autographs, stickers etc will always be a hit.

As far as kids activities go, keep them footy oriented. You can go to the circus, the Ekka or a school holiday carnival for jumping castles etc
    Geez - you can be punished for creating a 'brainstorming' session here This was a top of the head idea attempting to get creative juices flowing - it has worked.

100% agree, junior footy activities would be great; pass the ball, organised games of touch or flag etc.

Keep the ideas coming, some great stuff from all

yeah i like the idea of different days sounds good where you can bring the whole family along for differetb days would be great, one thing i would like to see would be crowd involvement at half time picking people from the crowd maybe to have a chance at winning something like if you kick a goal or something a bit like the basketball in the usa where they shoot halfway for the hoop to win prizes i think its important to get the crowd invovled, also a mascot where kids can get photos and adults i suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by Eel 33
    With the ladies day idea, maybe extend it to bay of seating at each game. Whether it be in the stands or a fenced off area of the hill. It has to be "female only" type thing. Include facilities in that area, food, drink, toilets etc. This works well at the races, so its worth a try. (I realise the races are an all day event but lets have a go.) I know a few chicks who won't go to the footy because of the "idiot" element.
    I really like this idea.. it works at the Cricket too...well it did when the Ladies stand only had ladies in it at the SCG.. now guys seem to get in there every now and then...

I think it will work well and with a Female Ambassdor for the Club and a set of days especially for Ladies... the whole atmosphere of being a club for all is created and women would be more likely to come to the games.

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    I think it will work well and with a Female Ambassdor for the Club and a set of days especially for Ladies...
    Ok, who would be a great suggestion for an ambassador??? No need to restrict it to one person, maybe a team of 5 0r 6???

Some great ideas here. Here are some ideas of mine of the top of my head.

As far as a ground announcer. I suggest we employ a comedian, a funny comedian. He shouldn't always be in comedian mode, just have the ability and wit. He should be 80% host, 20% comedian. Someone who just isn't a talking voice that goes in one ear and out the other, or one that annoys people. He has to be subtle but what he says, his comments have to be addaptive to the situation. Etc game play up to half time, comments on the match, pre-match entertainment. Maybe throw in a short few jokes about current NRL news and issues or results or score updates from other matches.

He has to be not in your face, but laid back and quick witted. I think we need a friendly and likeable but witty host, a voice of the Titans.

As for entertainment, a lot here has been said and a lot has been done before at NRL matches. Maybe we could bring in school bands from all over SEQLD. I'd like to see more live music, that is upbeat, harder more rock. It's rugby league and I'd like to see some more music at games that get the heart pumping. So maybe some name bands or local bands.

Fire works at night games. Can't get enough of that. Even though it is expensive, but at least at special occasions.

Pass the ball competitions is a great idea, anything to get people and espeically kids involved and holding a rugby ball.

Maybe at home games, the Titans could edit together a highlights package of the previous match, which would likely have been an away match. So people attending all the home matches, but maybe missing away matches on television, due to not having foxtel as well, can get a complete continuity when it comes to Titans matches. It'd be a fantastic feature.

You could also edit together a little package of highlights of the opposing team, so we can get a better understanding of the enemy and how their season is going and what their tactics, aims and challenges are for the game and what they want or need to get from the game.

If a new player debuts, have a video package about him, interview him and ask him some questions, show some footage of him at QLD CUP matches or at training, ask other Titans players questions about him, their opinions. All so we can get to know the new player and grow an emotional attachment to him.

On that note, I think it needs to be a priority to get a 2nd video screen at Carrara. If we were going to do anything to improve patron satisfaction at the venue, I think it should be the first thing we do.

I liked the break dancers the other week at the Broncos, I thought it was something different for a change.

Have signature events that happen after a try, goal or maybe even smaller things like a great tackle or capturing an opponent in goal. For instance the Broncos horse Buck does a lap every time the Broncos score. Maybe we could come up with similiar gimmicks. They could just be advanced video screen animations or could take place physically.

We have talked about features like Titans TV for the website, but maybe they can be debuted at Titans match days.The more you educate the fans and emerse them in rugby league and the Titans, the greater and more passionate fans they will become.

Have a fan of the week or best dressed fan competition, as well as banner competitions.

I'll come back with some more soon.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Wink Re: Clubhouse

Thanks DeeGan... looking forward to buting you a beer :beer:
    Have a great weekend :hi: Jenny

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Cool Re Clubhouse

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS
    Buying you a Beer....not buting you one....I think i need a drink LOL

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Junior Titan

Default Suggestions for 2007

:guit: I don't think you can go past a live band to play music when a TRY is scored rather than just playing music through a P.A. They used to have one at Sharks games years ago and it worked a treat!

:beer: I noticed at the Bulldogs v Warriors Trial that you could only purchase light beer yet there was also pre-mix spirits available. A bit of a contradiction. Even though i am a person who only consumes spirits when drinking alcohol, i would much rather see spirits banned from games as too many Yobbo's run-a-muck when consuming spirits especially on a warmish afternoon. :curse:

:upset: Traffic: As someone who usually parks in the western carpark closest to Nerang Station i would like to see some improvement in exitting the venue. Maybe look into blocking off the road heading west somewhere on the other side of the venue to allow cars coming out of the venue a free run turning right and heading west. I have been to some horrible venues in Sydney where it takes forever to get out of the carpark, however Carrara Stadium is the worst by far. :topic: Go TITANS!!!!!

Junior Titan

[QUOTE=G-ney]:guit: I don't think you can go past a live band to play music when a TRY is scored rather than just playing music through a P.A. They used to have one at Sharks games years ago and it worked a treat!

:beer: I noticed at the Bulldogs v Warriors Trial that you could only purchase light beer yet there was also pre-mix spirits available. A bit of a contradiction. Even though i am a person who only consumes spirits when drinking alcohol, i would much rather see spirits banned from games as too many Yobbo's run-a-muck when consuming spirits especially on a warmish afternoon. :curse:

:upset: Traffic: As someone who usually parks in the western carpark closest to Nerang Station i would like to see some improvement in exitting the venue. Maybe look into blocking off the road heading west somewhere on the other side of the venue to allow cars coming out of the venue a free run turning right and heading west. I have been to some horrible venues in Sydney where it takes forever to get out of the carpark, however Carrara Stadium is the worst by far. :topic: Go TITANS!!!!!

I just noticed something in the V8's that could be done at a Rugby League game....All the poor ford fans had signs with "Falcon Power" written on it. There was a huge group of people with these signs and look pretty good. They have been doing it for years now, but only just thought of its use in Rugby League.

The Titans could hand out signs with "Titan Try" "Titan Terrific" "Titan Power" etc at home games

I hope the video screen at Titans' matches actually has a tackle count.

Something the ones at Lang Park don't have, which is baffling, how many years has the place been running?

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    I hope the video screen at Titans' matches actually has a tackle count.

Something the ones at Lang Park don't have, which is baffling, how many years has the place been running?
    The idea of having info like that on the big screen doesnt fit right with me....People go to watch the footy not to watch the big screen Its pretty easy to tell when its the fifth if you are watching the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    The idea of having info like that on the big screen doesnt fit right with me....People go to watch the footy not to watch the big screen Its pretty easy to tell when its the fifth if you are watching the game.
    It isn't a matter of knowing when the 5th tackle is, that is obvious.

It is the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

And they need to cater for the average fan, the simple and most basic forms of rugby league data should be provided.