Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies
    Yeh but it didnt need to be done.

The ball was long gone...
    True but not something he will be suspended for.

Titan Club Captain

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    True but not something he will be suspended for.
    He wasnt even put on report

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies
    He wasnt even put on report
    LMFAO....ok GTD ill leave it at that...have a great night mate.

im disappointed in the way the doggies played tonight especially with their discipline but congrats to the knights who were just too hot tonight and to a.johns for his 2000 career pts

O'Meley's hit was late on Johns - copped a penalty end of story on a stupid play. I am sure the coaching Folkes had something to do with it, "put Johns on his ****!"

Newcastle - impressive.

I tipped the Knights and was swaying towards the Doggies - thankfully I went with the gut feeling first.

Disappointing to see Carney off the field early (hope it is not a sign of Wigan days) though a comprehensive win that will them firm as premiership favourites. A LOOONG season ahead though - anything can happen.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

tipped knights :beer:

i never ever tip the dogs, but knights are looking of fire so far.

I tipped dogs...because I forgot to put my tips in.

Newcastle were impressive. Surprise packet of the season!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

<----- ME

I was disappointed the boys let in those late tries, but overall was pleased with the game.
    The Knights used to play the second half to protect the lead they gained first half.
    So far I have not seen that this season.

Carney seemed more settled in this game. It was cooler here yesterday. Maybe that was the key. Come 2007 he should be better adjusted to our weather.

Helen does happy dance.

Me happy too! I picked the Knights!! WOO HOO!!!

I really thought the platform for the win was earnt by Smith and Perry at the start. Despite the early tight tussle, they ran hard and didnt take a backward step. Buderus, as one of the commentators said, played smart from dummy half, not allowing his forwards to present themelves as easy targets. He ran when needed and didnt throw any flat hopsital passes.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

I tipped the Knights at the last minute on the back of two things: 1. Andrew Johns and 2. Home ground advantage. Good to hear DIEHARD missed putting his tips in, we all get one back on him this week

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    I tipped dogs...because I forgot to put my tips in.

Newcastle were impressive. Surprise packet of the season!
    Newcastle were never going to be the surprise packets in my book, I knew they would want to come out and prove last year was a one off. Well done to them so far, it's a long season though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eel 33
    Newcastle were never going to be the surprise packets in my book, I knew they would want to come out and prove last year was a one off. Well done to them so far, it's a long season though.
    I tend to agree. I have them at ninth on my pre-season table sighting they are the team that will replace one of my top 8 IF Andrew Johns is able to play the majority of the season.

9th - NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS

Coach: Michael Hagan
    Stadium: Energy Australia Stadium
    Last season: 15th
    Regular season odds: $13.00 to win the premiership
    Players in: Craig Smith (Dapto mid season) Milton Thaiday (Ballina mid season), Luke Davico (retirement), Brian Carney (Wigan) Luke Hession (Balmain) Danny Vaughan (Maitland mid season), Chris Bailey (Northern Blues)
    Players out: Luke Mercer (Dragons mid-season), Mark Hughes (Les Catalans), Andrew Johns (Loan - Warrington), Steve Witt (Released), Matt Kennedy (Released), Blake Mueller (France), ,Matthew Bartlet (Melbourne Storm),
    My opinion: It all comes down to the health of Andrew Johns. If Johns can put in a full season, the Knights will replace one of the above teams in the finals. If he is in and out of the line-up for an extended period, the Knights will struggle to win the tight games. The addition of Luke Davico will be welcome news for Craig Smith who was left to do a lot of the tough stuff on his own in 2005. Great Britain international Brian Carney will be a crowd pleaser at Energy Australia stadium offering Newcastle a world class winger not seen at Energy Australia Stadium since Adam MacDougall wore the red and blue.
    Milton Thaiday has been a surprise though has not really been tested in any game this season under the high ball as often as I would of thought - he is weak under the spiralling bomb though what an attacking player! Makes this already potent backline better.

It will all come down to the fitness of one A. Johns - if he is out for an extended period.

Match Report courtesy of www.sportal.com.au
    The Newcastle Knights' great start to the season has continued with an impressive 46-22 win over the in-form Canterbury Bulldogs at EnergyAustralia Stadium on Friday.

The slick Knights made seven line-breaks and ran in six tries in a dominant first-half display on the way to an emphatic 34-6 half-time lead.

Despite putting on a late charge, the Bulldogs couldn't recover from the first-half demolition and crashed to their second loss of the season.

The win comes a week after the Knights put a staggering 70 points past Canberra, while the Bulldogs would have also taken confidence into the clash after overpowering reigning premier the Tigers 47-12 last Friday.

The Knights maintain their place at the top of the NRL ladder with three wins and a healthy +81 for-and-against record after three rounds.

Newcastle dominated possession in the opening stages as Canterbury gave away four early penalties.

The Knights capitalised with two penalty goals to Andrew Johns inside the first 10 minutes to give the hosts a 4-0 lead and push Johns' career points tally past 2000.

The Bulldogs then hit the front with a converted try to their own point-scoring machine Hazem El Masri, who has now scored six tries after three games this season.

But Newcastle replied immediately with a try to winger Brian Carney and led 10-6 after Johns landed his third penalty goal.

The Knights then took control of the game, with livewire fullback Milton Thaiday crossing in the 28th minute, after some good work from in-form five eighth Kurt Gidley, and Danny Buderus darting over from dummy half three minutes later.

The home side ended an impressive half in style with Matthew Gidley running in Newcastle's fourth before Thaiday again busted the Bulldogs' line to add his second on the stroke of half-time and give the hosts a 34-6 advantage at the break.

Any faint hopes Canterbury had of a second-half comeback were dashed when Johns sent interchange forward Todd Lowrie over in the 52nd minute, and the Dogs were in disarray when Thaiday completed his hat-trick just before the hour.

The visitors restored some respectability with late tries to Andew Emelio, Willie Mason and Corey Hughes, but the Knights' first-half blitz had done the damage and they cruised to a 24-point win.

Knights 46
    Tries: Thaiday 3, Carney, Buderus, M Gidley, Lowrie
    Conversions: Johns 6
    Penalties: Johns 3

Bulldogs 22
    Tries: El Masri, Emilio, Mason, Hughes
    Conversions: El Masri 3

OK I am back..

I went to this game... my friend who is a Knights supporter celebrated their birthday... .. yes one of a very few of the Doggies supporters up there.. and let me say.. THE CROWD WAS AMAZING.. ... they drove the Knights onward and it was great to see such a huge support for the red and blue.

They really lifted the Knights throughout that match in a match where the Knights were just too good for the Bulldogs. The Knights controlled the play, they made the run and gave the Bulldogs nothing.. ... but hey sitting with all my newcastle mates... I just accepted the fact that they were too good once they got to 36-6

Then I looked at the players... OMG Milton Thaiday is like a genius with his feet.. he is so fast and so fleet footed that he could run rings around anyone.. add to that the genius of Johns and the skill of Buderus who had a whale of a game and it was great to see a strong Newcastle..

Kurt Gidley played super as well.. he will do well for them once Johns finally decides to hang up the boots... he gave Johns the opportunity to wreak havoc by controlling the team and guiding them... it was great to watch.

Shame for Buderus and Grimaldi with their tries.. they should have gone to the video ref... unlike normal though.. especially with Grimaldi's.. until we saw the replay on the big screen.. everyone in the crowd had no idea he could have scored.. I was annoyed at Clark though when I saw he did and he didn't give the try... but it was that sort of night.. :sick:

Overall a superb game and thanks to the crowd at Energy Australia Stadium for a great night... it was loads of fun.. and made a 2 and a half hour trip up the highway all the more worth while..