Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Can you read?
    PM’d you mate

If we are going to ask posters not to take a pop at positive takes can the same courtesy be applied to negative ones.

Some real ****ty comments have been directed at people venting their frustrations in both games so far this season and it caused this outburst.

Rep Player

When did everyone get so precious? It’s rugba leeg. We need to bring back the biff.

Too bloody right
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Biff me gosuns101_ I’m begging you

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Do you actually not watch the Titans play anymore JB? Or do you mean after yesterdays result
    I give the game 15 mins. After that I値l find something else to do when they play like they have the first two games of the season. Can稚 do it anymore.

Haven稚 been able to get into the forum unless I知 using safari either.

JB, I haven't been able to access the forum on Chrome since last year. Have had to use Firefox instead.

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    If we are going to ask posters not to take a pop at positive takes can the same courtesy be applied to negative ones.

Some real ****ty comments have been directed at people venting their frustrations in both games so far this season and it caused this outburst.
    That's just it right. Two weeks ago I drew a positive out of the game against St George in that I liked Kini's involvement in a well beaten side. Not sure what other positives there were to take out of that second half performance? In the general season thread, I posted two videos to remind people that we do have other options at halfback/5/8 and that maybe all is not lost there. If you remember at the end of the 2021 season, I made a big post expressing how happy I was that Holbrook was finally able to make us a team we can be proud of. I thought we'd turned a corner...but it's been all downhill since then.

Then the moment I say something negative (really ****s me how anyone can pull any positives out of that entire game yesterday), the pitchforks come straight out. And that's absolutely fine...but to attack my posting style, my choice of words, me personally, that is where I begin to draw the line. He has done this to me before in the past and then when he gets called out for it he backtracks and uses the ever so predictable, "I was just joking" response. It's such a cowardly way to conduct yourself hiding behind a keyboard and all. And I can cop a bit of criticism for my takes (I mean it's not hard to see that HS and I don't agree on a lot of different aspects pertaining to how the club/team is run), and I can take a joke, but when it's just pathetic one liners criticizing my posting style, my choice of words, me personally, and nothing to do with the topic at hand, then that is kinda where I draw the line. Like I said, play the ball, not the man. It's really not a hard concept to grasp.

Anyway I only logged back in tonight to clear some of that up. I have been here since 2009 but I think now is a good time for me to pull the pin on this place. It's not just that I'm worn out from posting the same endless **** here week in, week out, but because it's honestly pretty mentally draining discussing a team that, in my opinion, has been so stuck in their ways for years and has actually regressed on the field, but also a club that in my opinion hasn't done anywhere near enough to rectify any of the issues we've had in the past 5 or 6 years. Do not forget, Dennis Watt's words in 2017 when he was appointed Executive Chairman of the club were, "We are all worried if we don't get it right this time, it might be the last chance for an NRL franchise on the Gold Coast." And he would be absolutely right.

Anyway enough rambling from me. Ciao all.

TITANS FOREVER
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 25-03-24 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I give the game 15 mins. After that I’ll find something else to do when they play like they have the first two games of the season. Can’t do it anymore.

Haven’t been able to get into the forum unless I’m using safari either.
    Fair call mate

Think forum issues are in process of being worked out at the min. I'm like GT dedicating firefox to the forum

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Well I thought it was funny
    That is because you are clearly immature. I知 sure a few people here find your cheap humour funny but I知 guessing the majority just roll their eyes like me. Can you just stick to rugby league takes please. Start a private chat with your mates on here if you want to make jokes etc.

I missed the game yesterday but was interested to see how the devout fans saw the game. Now all I知 reading is crap stirring and nonsense

@GT

It's up to you what you want to do but I don't think anybody wants you to go. If you think there's an issue with being personally attacked, or generally out of line posts directed at you, then respond to my PM and we'll address it

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    That is because you are clearly immature. I’m sure a few people here find your cheap humour funny but I’m guessing the majority just roll their eyes like me. Can you just stick to rugby league takes please. Start a private chat with your mates on here if you want to make jokes etc.

I missed the game yesterday but was interested to see how the devout fans saw the game. Now all I’m reading is crap stirring and nonsense
    I am with you NZFan. The posts were certainly uncalled for, unnecessary and goading. They are better placed on Facebook and not on this forum

Rep Player

Back in my day, we gave as good as we got. You lot wouldn’t last a single ruck with Ennis the Menace chirping you. Bunch of Ezra Ma’ams.

Cheers GT and HS. Will download Firefox

GT I’ll come back and post more. Take some of the heat off you hahaha

Any other JJ fans here? I saw a post on the bloke social media page that he made 34 tackles with zero misses and 100 meters. I predicted Joliffe to be our surprise packet in the before season predictions and I really just want to make a post here appreciating his efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    Any other JJ fans here? I saw a post on the bloke social media page that he made 34 tackles with zero misses and 100 meters. I predicted Joliffe to be our surprise packet in the before season predictions and I really just want to make a post here appreciating his efforts.
    JJ is always solid if unspectacular. He's pretty consistent and rarely has a shocker. One of my favourites at the moment in our squad, though that's not saying much.