Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Ezra is more in juniors so not the issue imo I think.

It's Brad Davies our transition coach (Which I think is a HUGE issue with all positions and players coming through the last 3/4 years) and all the others... Noone looks better besides Haas defensively out of everyone. None of our juniors who do well are making the jump imo.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 23-03-24 at 05:38 PM.

How is it possible to have a bloke with so much experience as Foran has in the halves, a head coach that was a noted half/hooker, an assistant in Monas that was a very good half/hooker and still no real improvement in Boydy's game?

Blows my mind. In saying that...some of the service from dummy half to Boyd on the last tackle was ordinary today. A hooker that could kick out of dummy half would be awesome.

Jesus that was poor! Am I alone in thinking that Verrills attitude was atrocious? He looked like he didn't want to play.

Boyd is truly shot. Has to go back to cup. The only thing he did ok today was defend. Maybe Brimo plays right half with Jojo and HSS in the centres. How bad would Alick have to play not to be ahead of Beau this week?

Kelly dug himself a bigger hole and Lofi plays like a pretty boy. Time for Big Tony F. Beau is a worry but Foran also looked terrible today. That whole left edge was a joke today. I thought Sami wasn't beyond criticism today either. I'd give him another shot on the left to get Tony in on the right (that's his favourite side isn't it?).

Des failed badly today. Liu is a starter in my opinion. The bench rotation was worse than Holbrooks! How do we end up with three small middles on the field with Palasia, who doesn't seem to want to play for us? Mo could have had more minutes and Tino come back on earlier. Clark being one of our better middles surprised me but he was better than ok in bad company. Randall was good for us today. I want him to play 80 next week and drop Verrills to cup. Klese improved on last week.

I think we might've hit rock bottom.

Flew down to the game. I had to leave, it was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Flew down to the game. I had to leave, it was a joke.
    You are a true fan Dooldog. I hope the team can earn that soon.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I’m thinking that Des wasn’t joking that the Marquee was for weddings and funerals.
    Doesnt look like any tackling practice happened in the Marquee.

I wonder if our Chairman and CEO are a little bit nervous.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by GC Giant View Post
    I wonder if our Chairman and CEO are a little bit nervous.
    They absolutely should be as well as everyone involved at the club... Especially Lafranchi, JL and Brett White, Why's our attack as bad as ever, Why's our defence so bad still, Why's Monagan here when he wasn't good at Newcastle Cup. We can blame players and they deserve it but a majority of the staff stuck around after Holbrook as if he was the issue. What's Brad Davies doing transitioning our players?

We had a CEO or whoever chose to do it pick Sexton over Fogarty and make it public, Fogarty didn't want to play q cup but **** me, Maybe he knew more then the idiots at the club, He's not killing it but keeping him here would've kept our momentum up. Once that decision was made out to be a dud like it has been, They all should be gone... It was a shocking decision no matter what way we put it and we're no closer to a halfback.

There's been heaps of talk about the juniors, WHY actualy spend money there when nothing has actually worked yet? I don't blame the club for pulling up spending when wtf is actually looking like it's getting us to a better place.

We can have great juniors and we do (17s getting sketchy) but where's the actual gain from these players? Klese Haas cops more hate then most and he's the only junior we've had come through who looks constantly up to it potentially. Kini looks fine but isn't ready imo when we have AJ out there barely getting any ball in places that don't benefit his game.

Kini hasn't shown close to the talent to me to keep AJ or JC out of fullback.... I'm not trashing him but he's not ready yet like other fbs not being used. Especially with AJ sitting out there getting no ball and weakening all his attacking attributes.... Like I said, Not crapping on Kini but he's no AJ.

If Fogarty was still here on the same money as Tannah and Toby but we made the call to move on,
    You can't tell me we're not around the hanging around at least the top 8 constantly with Fogarty who's gotten better every year, ****ing joke.

Can't wait for the RUOKs messages in somewhat sarcasm as if we all weren't paying out the a$$ at our opener to be slapped with our performance and now this for a simliar. No... I don't want to watch a team be absolute trash.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 23-03-24 at 07:27 PM.

Des didn't seem angry enough for me in the presser

Rep Player

I love this club

Been following top grade rugby league for 40 years and THAT was the most piss weak performance I’ve ever seen.
    We just made a mediocre Bulldogs side look like superstars.
    It’s pains me to say it but this team today just could not be ****d. No passion, no guts, no heart.
    Embarrassing! How in the f*** have we gone backwards???
    Something smells off and if they don’t address it immediately it’s gonna rot.

Us fans have come in to this season with hope and faith in you Mr Hasler, please sort it out.

Tanah needs to go back to QCup not only for the sake of the team, but for his own good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    I also want to point out at no stage did Foran put his hand up and try to take kicking pressure off Boyd. You're a veteran 6 you've got to contribute to our kicking game. It's way too predictable who is getting it on the last.
    I don't think it matters if you have predominately one kicker if that kicker is up to the task and it's very obvious ours isn't.

I could't believe my eyes with Conner Tracey on the wing today and we get Tannah @ 7...help us baby Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Des didn't seem angry enough for me in the presser
    To be honest mate he didn't build this mess and I feels like he didn't want to blow things up straight up but rather just go with the status quo and let things implode (which it has).
    If this is the case then ground zero is upon us and Des can now rebuild things his way.

First Grader

There is something obviously wrong as we are, based on performances todate, the worse team in both attack and defence. We are slow, soft and showing a complete lack of skills and structure. The roster is obviously a problem which needs addressing and in genuine need of some marquee players (need to stop paying overs for run of the mill players) but this year it will take weeks to fix if at all.

( As I am writing this the Tigers have done their supporters proud in the 1st half. Something our team have failed to do in any match including trials this year).

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    There is something obviously wrong as we are, based on performances todate, the worse team in both attack and defence. We are slow, soft and showing a complete lack of skills and structure. The roster is obviously a problem which needs addressing and in genuine need of some marquee players (need to stop paying overs for run of the mill players) but this year it will take weeks to fix if at all.

( As I am writing this the Tigers have done their supporters proud in the 1st half. Something our team have failed to do in any match including trials this year).
    How much money do we have tied up in Tino and Dfita....what I can't get my head around is the question of do these two guys influence the outcome of our games proportionally to what salary cap we have tied up with them...so are they match winners (and that should be most games not every now and then)? If the answer is no then what have we done