Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    First Grader

I'm a Tigers fan now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    How much money do we have tied up in Tino and Dfita....what I can't get my head around is the question of do these two guys influence the outcome of our games proportionally to what salary cap we have tied up with them...so are they match winners (and that should be most games not every now and then)? If the answer is no then what have we done
    Fermor is 100x bigger issue then them two.

Quote Originally Posted by AliDavysStep View Post
    Been following top grade rugby league for 40 years and THAT was the most piss weak performance I’ve ever seen.
    We just made a mediocre Bulldogs side look like superstars.
    It’s pains me to say it but this team today just could not be ****d. No passion, no guts, no heart.
    Embarrassing! How in the f*** have we gone backwards???
    Something smells off and if they don’t address it immediately it’s gonna rot.

Us fans have come in to this season with hope and faith in you Mr Hasler, please sort it out.
    I know a lot of people on here will disagree with me but I think what smells is that the roster is out of financial balance.
    Surely the players would know that way too much money is tied up with a couple of forwards who let me remind you held the club to random. Yeah Yeah I know here we go again Ravs but surely that whole fiasco must have some negative influence on the playing group because if that happened in a more traditional work place then it most certainly would have a negative impact on performance. I think it's the elephant in the room and it's not escaping any time soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    I'm a Tigers fan now.

- - - Updated - - -

Fermor is 100x bigger issue then them two.
    Gee poor bloke has gone hero to zero so fast man

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    I know a lot of people on here will disagree with me but I think what smells is that the roster is out of financial balance.
    Surely the players would know that way too much money is tied up with a couple of forwards who let me remind you held the club to random. Yeah Yeah I know here we go again Ravs but surely that whole fiasco must have some negative influence on the playing group because if that happened in a more traditional work place then it most certainly would have a negative impact on performance. I think it's the elephant in the room and it's not escaping any time soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Gee poor bloke has gone hero to zero so fast man
    Not from me, His defence has been a massive red flag and only looks worse after his ACL, I've alway thought we can't have Fifita and Fermor because only Fifita is an average defender at second row which is the most important spot to defend in these days and Fermors always has been horrible and was ignored due to his attacking stats that were fake imo.

Fermor at his best in 2022 was a really bad defender that had some OK attacking stats that never made up for how bad he was on defence, Now it's worse then ever. His attack has at it's best has never close to made up for his defence.

We all blame BK and he deserves a lot of it but Fermor is all time bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Love seeing Fogarty and Sezer killing it.....

- - - Updated - - -

We really are a club just falling behind in every single way. I like Kini but Bula looks like a freak of nature.

Love it.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 23-03-24 at 09:14 PM.

I just watched the game now.
    Both matches St Merge and Canterbury the team was so unmotivated. No passion.
    Just collecting coin and really not caring one bit about the club, jumper, community, city, our kids and the fans.
    Then when you are unmotivated then incidents like Tino’s occur where he gets smashed to pieces and serious injuries occur.

So many players ought to be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

Rep Player

Yeah I’m done. I’m done supporting . **** this team. **** the money I have ever spent on this joke and yeah.
    As per my name I’ve been here since the bad ole days but I’m done. Thanks titans you killed any love I have for the game rugby league. I hope we fiucking fold so I have an excuse to follow another team. 5 year contract out. See ya gents it’s been a pleasure

You should never ever give up.
    It’s our kids team.
    It’s our cities team.
    Having a Gold Coast NRL team is a privilege.
    What this club does off the field is extraordinary.
    The owners are amazing and deserve our support too.

I’d ask all local fans to stick fat and get to the game next week.

First Grader

As long as my kids to be don't go for the Broncos I could give two ****s,

This team has no redeemable qualities and don't just deserve support... I agree the owners are good but we aren't seeing any of it right now. This team and club aren't showing any pride for the city besides a few players who aren't even from here in Tino/Randall.

Our CEO and Chairman need to be on the hot seat after 5 years of this crap, They fired Holbrook, they have to own the decision which way this goes and it's looking horrible right now. They said 4 premierships by 2030, We'll be lucky if we don't end up with 4 wooden spoons in the man alone looking at it.

Wyatt destined Sexton to be the guy or said it publicly the idiot.....This team/club hasn't earnt that kind of respect...
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 23-03-24 at 10:19 PM.

I agree with your last sentence (prior to your editing it-which was “this team has no pride in the city”). That is the problem. Not sufficiently motivated.
    I understand how you feel. Things are dire.
    I just am pleading with all readers of the forum to stick fat.
    Last edited by Mini GF; 23-03-24 at 10:22 PM.

First Grader

100% I'll be here always despite the hot takes although I do have a soft spot for the Tigers due to them being crap... It just gets tiring and spending money at a game and watching absolute crap while being outnumbered 2 to 1 at our home game when there's so many other things to do here.

I just need some changes and not to do the same stuff constantly like we always do.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 23-03-24 at 10:26 PM.

Rep Player

Horror start to the season

Manly had one of their worst start to a season in club history, losing all of their first four games and at a combined score of 156–34. It got so bad that there were talks that coach Des Hasler may get sacked, however he was re-signed on a two-year deal and was told he wouldn't be coaching in 2023 if the club didn't make the finals in 2021 or 22. Captain Daly Cherry-Evans suitability for the role was also questioned. The club achieved their first win in round 5 of the season playing the New Zealand Warriors at Central Coast Stadium when Daly Cherry-Evans kicked a winning field goal to win 13–12.

Reminder that Manly were 1-6 to start the 2021 season and finished in 4th position with a 16-8 record. Now, we probably don’t have a Tommy Turbo to come back in and carry us to the promised land, but the point is that Des has been there and done that.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Horror start to the season

Manly had one of their worst start to a season in club history, losing all of their first four games and at a combined score of 156–34. It got so bad that there were talks that coach Des Hasler may get sacked, however he was re-signed on a two-year deal and was told he wouldn't be coaching in 2023 if the club didn't make the finals in 2021 or 22. Captain Daly Cherry-Evans suitability for the role was also questioned. The club achieved their first win in round 5 of the season playing the New Zealand Warriors at Central Coast Stadium when Daly Cherry-Evans kicked a winning field goal to win 13–12.

Reminder that Manly were 1-6 to start the 2021 season and finished in 4th position with a 16-8 record. Now, we probably don’t have a Tommy Turbo to come back in and carry us to the promised land, but the point is that Des has been there and done that.
    We don't have a Tommy Turbo coming back who had one of the GOAT seasons in attack, The game he came back was against us I feel and they put 60 on us and the game was way different in 2021. We don't have a Daly ruling games looking as good as ever in his older age. Turbos a top 5 player when healthy, If AJ or our best are healthy right now they are maybe only top 8ish at fullback.

It's way different to Manly in 2021 imo. Unless JC comes back like Turbo what do we have?
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 23-03-24 at 10:41 PM.

Good point Willhelm. Too early to declare that the sky is falling. Like someone else said, Des is making the case to rebuild his way. No pressure on the CEO or the owners for that. If they serve that up the same dire way in the next two weeks, then Des will be under pressure.

We usually lift with Tino out. I noticed Verrills started to take it seriously once he went off (though I can't forgive him and want him in Cup next week).

Kelly, Lofi and Beau need to give themselves an uppercut and play Cup with Tanah next week.

Any reports on how JC went tonight?

And HS? Are you out there? I think I need counselling.

HS non-appearance is concerning too. Come on give us something HS.

First Grader

The QRL stream was horrible , barely any of it came through the whole time.... The bits that pop up JC isn't on the field later in the game.

A bit that came through, Francis breaking Hamilton, Francis hits so hard on the wings which we lack, Even if they beat him with the pass, He leaves the person on the ground looking for ribs legally which we lack.

We might get beat and cop some suspensions but whoever comes out there is going to think twice coming back there compared to now.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 23-03-24 at 11:02 PM.

Totally agree with Kelly, Lofi, Boyd, Fermor and I’ll add Verrills and Kini for different reasons. AJ to fb and don’t bring JC back under done. We need men playing and not skirts nor cool dudes nor liabilities.

I reckon HS subscribes to “if you’ve got nothing good to say then say nothing”.
    Last edited by Titanic; 23-03-24 at 10:55 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.