Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Horror start to the season

Manly had one of their worst start to a season in club history, losing all of their first four games and at a combined score of 156–34. It got so bad that there were talks that coach Des Hasler may get sacked, however he was re-signed on a two-year deal and was told he wouldn't be coaching in 2023 if the club didn't make the finals in 2021 or 22. Captain Daly Cherry-Evans suitability for the role was also questioned. The club achieved their first win in round 5 of the season playing the New Zealand Warriors at Central Coast Stadium when Daly Cherry-Evans kicked a winning field goal to win 13–12.

Reminder that Manly were 1-6 to start the 2021 season and finished in 4th position with a 16-8 record. Now, we probably don’t have a Tommy Turbo to come back in and carry us to the promised land, but the point is that Des has been there and done that.
    I get the hopeful sentiment bro but Manly not only had a Turbo but also a Cherry-Evans, a 31 year old Foran and a rich history of success.
    We’ve got a nearly 34 year old busted Foran, a Boyd/Weaver and nothing but painful years of abject failure.
    Des needs more than a miracle.
    Last edited by AliDavysStep; 24-03-24 at 12:11 AM.

First Grader

Willhelm made fun of gingers as if Brad Parker isn't the GOAT.

I don't want Tyson Gamble as my 7/6 or to be in our 17 every week, I want him here to bully this team into doing better and all the juniors. Him as our piece of crap competetive ******** at training bullying everyone to be better is what I want. I'll keep bringing it up, There's no competiveness or dog in this tean besides a broken Foran or AJ at FB...

We need someone to come in as a player and **** on all everyone including our captainss and get the juniors up to be better. There's no iron sharpening iron at our club. Even with Des coming in everyone seems way to sweet.

I don't know if it's Gamble or whoever but we need some winners who just bring a hatred for losing that this team is lacking, I want some ****ing grubs who get angry at losing or want to punch on if anyone tries it, Today barely anyone got involved in that early scuffle... I was disgraced, I'm not expecting hands but I'm Ok with a penalty if 6 of you are in there protecting our boy warning them.

Instead it's Randall on his own with one other person I think (Moe looked like he could care less) Doggies all around him... FOUL
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 24-03-24 at 12:41 AM.

This still hurts very very badly, and I pray that Tino's injury is not an ACL because he of all players in this team does not deserve that. I am seriously worried for the future of this club and I'm sick and tired of being gaslit every year into thinking that everything is gonna be okay. The future is looking bright. We've fixed our junior pathways. We signed a premiership winning coach, so that somehow guarantees better results. All a complete load of hogwash. Sick of seeing teams go through similar rough patches as this only to come out the other end a better, stronger team. Meanwhile, here's the Titans, just happy to settle into mediocrity for eternity.

Rebecca Frizelle and Daryl Kelly better look out because at this rate there will be no Titans. It's about time they have a real hard look at how the club is really being run below them, because something is and has been seriously wrong for many years now, no matter who is coaching or playing for us.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 24-03-24 at 07:48 AM.

Rep Player

Imagine being a full grown man and using the term gaslit lol

Imagine being a full grown man and using the term gaslit lol
    Great contribution. Too brain-dead to argue or discuss any of my points I guess, though judging by your posts over the years it's not surprising.

Seriously, just piss off wanker, sick and tired of your s hit. You think I wanna deal with your crap after yesterday afternoon's disaster? There was literally no point to your post at all. F off.

PS I know my post breaks the rules but I don't give a **** if I get banned from here anymore. Maybe for the best for my mental health so I don't have to deal with douche bags like this.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 24-03-24 at 08:35 AM.

Rep Player

Alright, I’m sorry. I take it back.

A partially grown man*

Alright, I’m sorry. I take it back.

A partially grown man*
    Still unable to engage with the discussion being had, so has to resort to playing the man.

Pathetic.

Rep Player

gosuns101_

First Grader

I predicted that we would finish 11th before the season started. This was a reflection that I did not rate our squad that highly and certainly not a top 8 squad, but was offset by some degree that Des would somewhat improve the squad from last year. The drop off in form on both sides of the ball so far has been so dramatic that there is something amiss somewhere in the club which is impacting on the club immensely. The fact that both Saints and Tigers( although both inconsistent) are playing a better brand of football with new coaches is concerning. With Tweed getting smashed by Burleigh justs makes the situation worse.

If i had to put a finger on it, I would suggest it is our recruitment department where some of our recruitment decisions are just baffling ( kids who had yet to prove they are NRL material handed the responsibility to steer the team around the field), we pay most players over their market value which inhibits our ability to afford marquee players (It has been some years since we really brought in a marquee player to really strengthen the squad) and have a large amount of run of the mill players signed to 2025/26 which makes this group of players comfortable rather than fighting for their next contract.

We also appear to be the last club of choice in the QLD market for players both at a NRL and junior level which is a concern where changes are needed at the recruitment, talent identification and junior development and transition to NRL processes to reverse this very concerning trend.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 24-03-24 at 09:41 AM.

This is what happens when the team is playing like garbage.
    The forum becomes nasty too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini GF View Post
    This is what happens when the team is playing like garbage.
    The forum becomes nasty too.
    The discussion was actually pretty civil until that one snide remark triggered me. There was really no need for it, it wasn't even relevant to what was being discussed. It sucks that some feel the need to play the man, rather than discuss the issue itself.

The Forum is the club’s litmus paper and rightly so because its purpose is to be a platform of free expression. I would argue that there is no line to be toed except maintaining a level of civility. Unpopular opinions are totally awesome but if you are not in the majority then you should expect some blowback.

My real gripe with our team is we are too small. I don’t care how much talent a player has but when we are out jumped and out muscled in nearly every scenario what else should we expect? Warriors have tiny Tuiapiki and Saints have skinny Sloan to name a couple but they are surrounded by juggernauts not marshmallows. We have 2/3 of our team undersized and underperformed. I think we should address this before we try to be too cute.
    Last edited by Titanic; 24-03-24 at 11:12 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    The discussion was actually pretty civil until that one snide remark triggered me. There was really no need for it, it wasn't even relevant to what was being discussed. It sucks that some feel the need to play the man, rather than discuss the issue itself.
    Agreed. I’ve been enjoying Wilhelm’s footy opinions for a quite a while now but it is disappointing when he goes that way.
    The term gaslighting is one I’m a bit 50/50 about. It’s a real thing sure and both men and women do it, however, the use of the term is way overused as well.

Yep, unnecessary, Willy. I can understand why 101 flared and hope he's allowed to stay on.

There's strength in vulnerability, men. Our team needs to make themselves vulnerable to get to the bottom of why we're like we are, so we can not be vulnerable on the field. It used to be called having a good hard look at yourself.

Let's keep it a discussion and nothing personal. Whether I disagree or agree with anyone here, I'm still interested in reading what you think. Wisdom can come from the unwise and vice versa.

Let's leave the personal stuff there and move on together.

- - - Updated - - -

And can someone please check on HS? I'm worried about him.

Rep Player

Well I thought it was funny