Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

We're the dragons good or were we not prepared? Let's be honest...who do you think was up for the game tonight?

Do we have much to lose by parachuting Weaver into the 7 for the next game? Assuming Foran is healthy

For all my Tanah apologist-ing because I think he was harshly pounded in 2023, we can’t carry this guy as a 7 based on tonight - especially if he isn’t bringing goal kicking as a minimum
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 09-03-24 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    It's true we lack size. But it also doesn't help when we're constantly having to defend because our halfback's 5th tackle kicking options are so abysmal.

Anyways, some positives to take out of it is that I thought AJ looked good at centre. Tino tried his guts out (what's new). Kini went alright but he barely had anything to work with for the last 40. Thought he warmed to the occasion toward the end of the first half. Other than that...not sure what other positives to take out of that performance.
    Tanah vs Hunt. ��

Maybe des got it wrong and AJ should be doing a jahrome Hughes and move to 7 give the prince of palmy full reign

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Do we have much to lose by parachuting Weaver into the 7 for the next game? Assuming Foran is healthy

For all my Tanah apologist-ing because I think he was harshly pounded in 2023, we can’t carry this guy as a 7 based on tonight
    Is Weaver a natural 6 or 7 HS?

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Is Weaver a natural 6 or 7 HS?
    7 mate

7 mate
    Yeah thought so, ty. Honestly I'd give him a run with Foran. Tanah needs some time in QLD cup I think.

For all my Tanah apologist-ing because I think he was harshly pounded in 2023, we can’t carry this guy as a 7 based on tonight
    Agree. Boydy's goal kicking has also evaporated. I'd hoped Monas would have bolstered his confidence...but I really believe there is no more room to improve for TB. He's a great blokes...but be we NEED to find a 7 that not only will, but actually can stand up and take control.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Kini, went well in a team of underwhelming efforts and you couldn't fault his effort.

I must admit to being amazed at the poor effort from the majority of the squad. Comments on here during the game on individual aspects are one thing but that was hardly a team performance ... we looked like boys against men v the Eels and that's precisely what we saw today ... that's all I've got.
    That's all you need, mate. I was willing to write off the eels trial as a meh. But we carried it over tonight. I know the consensus is that Des is great at getting teams ready, but we looked lost at times tonight (as we did in the eels trial)

I did like Des's presser though. Let's hope he flogs them over the next few weeks.

For all my Tanah apologist-ing because I think he was harshly pounded in 2023, we can’t carry this guy as a 7 based on tonight - especially if he isn’t bringing goal kicking as a minimum
    Has to be of serious consideration. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem like a Tanah has improved in key areas despite all reports him having a ripping off season
    Tanah’s cross field kicking was awful, line drop outs were ok but we kept going to the side they had their tallest players, need a half that can think on the go and not be robotic.
    I thought Tanah’s general play high balls were good, just don’t think our chasers made them a contest enough.
    I’m thinking Des will want to see Tanah and Foran together before he makes a call. Getting rid of a half after one round makes a lot of the pre season plans and training redundant.
    I don’t know enough about Des’s coaching history to know whether he makes big calls early in a season.
    Last edited by GC Giant; 09-03-24 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    What a putrid way to introduce a new era to the fans who just have to continue eating this garbage each year. They have the cantebury game to show me they are worth watching anymore I’m legit over not even being able to enjoy a game of footy from this team anymore
    Between this and the knights losing I'm taking a long break from the sport, it's just not worth the stress anymore, I'm sticking with individual sports from now on,

The lack of accountability is taking years off my life for real, Francis Ngannou basically died today and it's all good because I know he didn't get knocked out on purpose ...he genuinely gave it his all and lost on his own merit

The knights and titans ? Can you honestly say that ? What consequences are there for playing like that ? Does it effect their pay ? It doesn't hurt their status because they have none to begin with lmao, see what I mean ? It's way to easy to hide in team sports and it allows mediocrity to seep in

Basically you didn't lose, the team lost, is the mentality and that's much easier to live with

So I went to the Suns and went feeling just great.
    Then the Titans has completely destroyed the day.
    We were disgusting.
    What the actual Des????
    Every true Titans Fanatic will go to bed disturbed tonight.

First Grader

The game was comedy watching live in the titans zone, We were so off the pace from the start which is concerning considering how many players had milestones.

Noone looked on the same page either in huddles behind the goal and there was some big blow ups between players, Sami and Tannah had one that was not good after the Sloan one, Then Sami was moved to left centre.

F me, It was shocking, worse vibes then last year. Dragons barely did anything the whole time and ripped us apart and no fans can get into it when our team does this. It was all basic moves that got them tries.

Kini ain't it yet either even though he has all the talent in the world, I'm not trashing him but when we have AJ sitting in the centres for what I saw, Not good enough tbh... Nothing matched up compared to AJ or JC in the backline, he doesn't get any good ball yet with our backline so it's not his fault really but we need AJ or JC back there if we want to win imo.

Especially like Mini GF said, SUNS went and destroyed a team who have been great the last 10 years but put on an absolute show after their **** trials....

Titans do this ****? If I didn't have tickets to everything I'd be heading there. Least I got my AJ shirt.
    There were a lot of red flags when a try happened.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 09-03-24 at 10:30 PM.

The results of years of coaching from Brennan's and Holbrook's of the world, accepting mediocrity. It's a disgrace that Tino lead the run meters and tackles. This is not a new team group and as such even more disappointing.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Did we put too much of the off season into defence? Our attack was awful. Then again...the dragons were in the same boat and came to our house and gave it to us!

Shame.

Onwards and upwards...I guess (hope)