Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

That was my mistake WD and you're right it was a total stuff up.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Palasia was awful

First Grader

Lovely bloke.

Rep Player

Molo just looks scummy, like you can tell just from his appearance

First Grader

After re-watching the game without drunk angry goggles on, it's still bad but I have a bit of defence for the halves.

His stats don't look bad but I thought Verrills was really poor, There was around 6 occasions where we had overlaps and a backline lined up either side the 3rd or 4th and Verrills just completely ignored them for pretty poor runs and letting Dragons recover and it was always slow . There needs to be more creativity from Tannah and Weaver but any chance they had to do something good got to them so slowly and Dragons could easily recover.

It's 100% a game plan because he did it in the trials , I don't really get it because I don't think that's who he is as a player and we'd always heard Des was just going to have a 9 who gives it to the 7. He might not have the confidence right now with his injuries to throw the long balls but it definetely affected our attack. Funnily enough it looked like Kini was the one giving them all an ear full at times for not getting the ball out wide early.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 14-03-24 at 12:42 PM.

QLD Cup

I thought the same thing Cowa. While Verrills running game has never been top class, I was concerned with Des coming in that he was going to get turned into a pass machine. While I’m not sure he picked his times well, I am happy he is running from dummy half as it should add variation to our attack.

My bigger concern on attack is Boyd’s positioning. For me he is far too deep and often runs large archs before passing which allows the defence to slide and reduces their space. I think his confidence is right down. When he first came into grade he was more direct, now he seems more timid and predictable.

Not sure how everyone else feels but I don’t see a plan in place for when Foran goes down. Boyd and Weaver can’t be on at the same time as they are targets on defence and neither creates enough opportunities in attack. This is going to be controversial but I think if we want to have any chance of making the eight we should be looking at offloading a fullback for an experienced halve.

Rep Player

Never should’ve let Sezer go

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I thought the same thing Cowa. While Verrills running game has never been top class, I was concerned with Des coming in that he was going to get turned into a pass machine. While I’m not sure he picked his times well, I am happy he is running from dummy half as it should add variation to our attack.

My bigger concern on attack is Boyd’s positioning. For me he is far too deep and often runs large archs before passing which allows the defence to slide and reduces their space. I think his confidence is right down. When he first came into grade he was more direct, now he seems more timid and predictable.

Not sure how everyone else feels but I don’t see a plan in place for when Foran goes down. Boyd and Weaver can’t be on at the same time as they are targets on defence and neither creates enough opportunities in attack. This is going to be controversial but I think if we want to have any chance of making the eight we should be looking at offloading a fullback for an experienced halve.
    AJ at 7
    JC at 6
    Kini at 1
    Pick our biggest backs, hardest running backs and just play the game running hard through the ruck.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    AJ at 7
    JC at 6
    Kini at 1
    Pick our biggest backs, hardest running backs and just play the game running hard through the ruck.
    This has merit. I know AJ is an awful kicker but JC definitely can kick a good long ball and high bomb. He just needs more practice and development. Kini no doubt if persisted with will be elite.

QLD Cup

Don’t hate it HJ but I’d have AJ and JC the other way around. JC has the better boot. Very similar spine make-up to Melbourne.

While AJ had a great game in the centres, he is like Munster and is suited to playing anywhere you put him.

Rep Player

1 round in and already the monged takes are coming out lol

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    1 round in and already the monged takes are coming out lol
    Well what is your plan if both Foran and Boyd go down? To play Stimson at 5/8?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    Well what is your plan if both Foran and Boyd go down? To play Stimson at 5/8?
    Don’t be ridiculous. Stimmo would be my 7. I’d bring Joe Vuna back to play 6.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Don’t be ridiculous. Stimmo would be my 7. I’d bring Joe Vuna back to play 6.
    Probably get more creativity than we have now

First Grader

Dragons getting smashed by the Dolphins. Puts our performance against the Dragons in a worse light and Bennett has no trouble dropping their halfback and centre after 1 round. It will be interesting to see whether Des selects a team that is accountability based although there would a few more Titans on the chopping block after the Dragons game.