Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Tanah is the gift that keeps on giving. Absolute spud. I'd rather play with 12 next game than continue carrying that passenger

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Oh 100%

But we’re round 1 of a season. Calling for Tanah to never wear the jersey again when he’s not even our worst player is a bit overkill (I know it wasn’t you that said that)
    I think 2019-2024 is more than enough of a sample that he's an absolute plodder. He's had good form in the last 4 weeks of 2022 only in that time.

How do you guys think Kini went behind the mob of plodders? I thought he was finding his groove in the final stages of the first half. Really had nothing to work with in the second.

Welcome to the Titans, Des. Now we'll see what you can do with this lot.

Hopefully long video sessions will bring some reality into what is required to win.

Maybe they consider sending a few back to QCup next weekend. Looked like Verrils, Fermour, Clark, could do with more game time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    Tanah is the gift that keeps on giving. Absolute spud. I'd rather play with 12 next game than continue carrying that passenger

- - - Updated - - -

I think 2019-2024 is more than enough of a sample that he's an absolute plodder. He's had good form in the last 4 weeks of 2022 only in that time.
    Bit hyperbolic there IMO bird but you’re entitled to yours.

Don’t let it ruin your weekend mate. It’s a game of football at the end of the day

Rep Player

What a putrid way to introduce a new era to the fans who just have to continue eating this garbage each year. They have the cantebury game to show me they are worth watching anymore I’m legit over not even being able to enjoy a game of footy from this team anymore

Really sorry everyone had to witness that. Hopefully the players feel the same.

Just write this one off. Des has a lot of work to do. We were promising in the first. But the Dragons were scoring plenty of cheap points. They are entitled to do it, but it's frustrating.

I honestly didn't imagine it being this disappointing.

AJ tried but not many others came to the party.

Disappointing crowd considering the healthy ones we have seen around the league so far. I never blame the fans though.

2024 starts om Round 3.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I know it's round one...but would Dave, Foz or Jayden got us the win tonight??
    This must be one of those rare occasions when trial form carried over to round one, hey?

I'm annoyed with foran too. If he can't play, **** him off.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    How do you guys think Kini went behind the mob of plodders? I thought he was finding his groove in the final stages of the first half. Really had nothing to work with in the second.
    Brings energy to whatever he does. Always in support but no offloads coming his way.
    Doesn’t really appear out wide on backline moves like most fullbacks, maybe gets to dummy half too much instead out being two or three passes away.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    High effort, worked for involvements, got given poor side to side ball at the back of shape

Few moments he’d like to have back but overall he was one of our better players IMO

I'm just stunned that we could go out there and put in a gutless performance like that in the first round of 2024, even worse, in front of our home fans. Just...don't know what else to say.

If Des of all coaches can't get this team motivated then something still stinks higher up the food chain.

Size is a problem for us. I feel sorry for blokes like AJ and Tino who try their guts out.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Size is a problem for us. I feel sorry for blokes like AJ and Tino who try their guts out.
    It's true we lack size. But it also doesn't help when we're constantly having to defend because our halfback's 5th tackle kicking options are so abysmal.

Anyways, some positives to take out of it is that I thought AJ looked good at centre. Tino tried his guts out (what's new). Kini went alright but he barely had anything to work with for the last 40. Thought he warmed to the occasion toward the end of the first half. Other than that...not sure what other positives to take out of that performance.

Isaac Liu still our 13... dear oh dear oh dear.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 09-03-24 at 09:45 PM.

Kini, went well in a team of underwhelming efforts and you couldn't fault his effort.

I must admit to being amazed at the poor effort from the majority of the squad. Comments on here during the game on individual aspects are one thing but that was hardly a team performance for a team that has been together for a season or more ... we looked like boys against men v the Eels and that's precisely what we saw today ... that's all I've got.
    Last edited by Titanic; 09-03-24 at 10:04 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.