Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Whilst our squad is decent, it is not top 4 and we would be liucky to make top 8 next year. We need to make some hard decisions on our current squad and bring in some quality. It would appear that our only option is for the 2025 season where we can shed some players.

Personally I would also go for Deardon as he is a genuine star as a 6 and has qualities that are needed in the halves. He is also has great speed and is a real threat to defensive lines.

He also has a great attitude and is a high quality trainer (apparently he is the fittest player in the competition) which are all great attributes

Rep Player

Why can’t anyone spell Dearden

Or Erin Clark

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Why can’t anyone spell Dearden

Or Erin Clark
    Sorry for that William

Rep Player

no wuckas mate

First Grader

If we don't get anyone this year for 2025, the free agent classes get way worse going forward, The best young half is Walker for 26 who won't be allowed to get to November from the Roosters imo, Then it's guys like Tannah, Katoa and unproven or ancient halves. We need to land one of these 3 halves otherwise it's sticking with everything we have and hoping it grows. Same in most positions in the backs as well.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 03-11-23 at 11:36 PM.

First Grader

RFM looking for a new club, 400k a season reportedly and was a captain at the bulldogs.

Do we need another 2nd rower? If haas is testing the open market perhaps he might be worth it if doggies pay 100k. He's 30 and as an ex captain must have leadership abilities. Another older head to help with the young guys?

I was amazed when a few on here poo-poohed RFM … I feel he could hold a spot on the bench.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I was amazed when a few on here poo-poohed RFM … I feel he could hold a spot on the bench.
    Yep I'm in

Sattler has it right about Fifita. He has been news for over a year and no matter what contracts are made of he is a destabilizing unit in this mode. The whole argument that contracts are common like this doesn’t fly or every quality player would be in the news just the same. Bloody annoying and cannot be spun imo.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

I've heard fifi has come back quite over weight, not a good look imo

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    I've heard fifi has come back quite over weight, not a good look imo
    Fermy going to claim back his title as the teams best second rower

Fifi came back last pre-season waaay over weight, but somehow got it together and came out firing. He'll need to do it again if that's the case. Des won't cop it

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Fermy going to claim back his title as the teams best second rower

Fifi came back last pre-season waaay over weight, but somehow got it together and came out firing. He'll need to do it again if that's the case. Des won't cop it
    Yea weird I thought last season he came back in reasonable shape and was super keen to impress. Must be thinking of someone else l
    Either way he definitely was in shape come round 1

First Grader

Being a leader in the club and on a huge contract, it is still not a good look and shows a lack of professionalism imho.

The body naturally puts on size once you take a break from rigorous exercise

Body still demands the calories in but you aren’t exerting as much calories out

Once preseason starts in full he will come good by kickoff

First Grader

Fifi and Des can get to know each other in the dojo having a wrestle, At least Jojo looks in serious shape. I think Shaylee does a lot of his diet and food and she was on tour as well as getting his knee cleaned out, Probably uber eats best customer that month.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Czns0NHpEwI/ - How good.

From the clips/pics I've seen which might be telling fibs, Lofi looks like he's put on a bit of muscle as well.