Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Looking at that squad, there’s no way we will keep all 3 of AJ, JC, & Kini. Wings will be Sami and Lofi. And I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Kelly earned his centre spot in the latter half of the season. Jojo takes the other. Foran will partner either Boyd or Weaver.
    No spare spots.
    Not trying to bag AJ, but I feel JC and Kini will have a better attitude towards training compared to him when it comes to that FB spot. Reason being that they know how good AJ is, and I worry that AJ will get complacent thinking he 'owns' the spot.

They'll exhaust every positional option to get all three of AJ, JC and Keano on the field before there's any consideration to let any of them go anywhere I'd say. Going to be the most interesting storyline of the pre-season.

Keano's going to get to that point in the not too distant future where he's developed as best he can in Qcup and needs to be playing NRL to take his game further. Same point JC was at in '22. It's typical of halves/fullbacks/hookers where their game can only develop so far in reserve grade because of what NRL level demands of the position.

On that note, and if they can't find a spot for Keano, the loan option is a fair shout tbh @NZF. I'd struggle seeing any of our up and comers at another club out of fear of injury/them wanting to stay there/the club not developing them in the right environment but I can definitely see the rationale and how it benefits both sides.

First Grader

I really think that they need to determine how they will fit all 3 in the team and let them train in those positions during the off season which needs to take into account how they would line up in 2025 with the likely not playing on of Foz.

I think how they have managed JC has been terrible with playing in all sorts of positions, (1,3, 6, 7 and 14) which has not assisted in his development noting that he will be 24 next year. I just hope they do not do the same with Kini who has tremendous potential.

They need to have a plan for all 3 and stick with it.

First Grader

I don't see the rush with any of it at all. AJs health is a lingering issue, JC apparently wants a crack at the 6 eventually and Kini still needs to get a bit stronger and bigger to deal with constant NRL and to just have a bit more impact on the game which will be sooner then later, None of them want to leave either so it's a problem we're making up right now.

Jimmy did say that AJ moving to right centre was a sign of what's going to happen in the future so I'm guessing he's going to get a crack there and we'll see how it goes before any big decisions.

The size of our backs doesn't concern me as much if we can actually defend well enough to keep them away from letting the opposition get an attacking kick constantly. A majority of this squad have been coached by Brennan or Holbrook, Not exactly the best minds in the game. I'm expecting to see a lot of the young guys come back with a fair bit more size on them as well + with a completely new mindset around defence.

First Grader

This is for 2025

Dearden, 22, has already played for Queensland and wants to test his value on the open market after opting against signing a $2 million three-year offer tabled by his club in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    This is for 2025

Dearden, 22, has already played for Queensland and wants to test his value on the open market after opting against signing a $2 million three-year offer tabled by his club in August.
    Where’s this from WD?

I imagine we’d take a decent swing should he be open for offers

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Where’s this from WD?

I imagine we’d take a decent swing should he be open for offers
    HS

In an article today from Eamonn Tiernan from Fox Sports under an article on Armone from the Dragons

I really think that they need to determine how they will fit all 3 in the team and let them train in those positions during the off season which needs to take into account how they would line up in 2025 with the likely not playing on of Foz.

I think how they have managed JC has been terrible with playing in all sorts of positions, (1,3, 6, 7 and 14) which has not assisted in his development noting that he will be 24 next year. I just hope they do not do the same with Kini who has tremendous potential.

They need to have a plan for all 3 and stick with it.
    100% agree. We're bloody lucky his old man loves the club. Any other player would have pissed off by now and rightly so with how poorly we've managed his opportunities and role on the team.

If JC isn't playing 80 minutes each week early in 2024 I'll predict his patience with the club will run out quickly. He's far too talented not to be playing 80 minutes.
    Last edited by The Birdman; 19-10-23 at 01:46 PM.

First Grader

Snippet of information today by Brent Read and Michael Carayannis on Hasler's court dispute with Manly.

Hasler has since landed on his feet by securing a job at the Gold Coast but he hasn’t forgotten the way things ended at Manly as his case begins in the Supreme Court on Friday.

He is expected to earn more than $1 million a season at the Titans.

HS

In an article today from Eamonn Tiernan from Fox Sports under an article on Armone from the Dragons
    Thanks mate

First Grader

Deardon is on the coast atm apparently... I doubt there's much to it with him and his Missus families here I think but if he did leave we would be the best chance for him imo, We've apparently got the money and Cowboys offer was pretty disrespectful.

Maybe he can't stand the Chads vlogs and wants out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Deardon is on the coast atm apparently... I doubt there's much to it with him and his Missus families here I think but if he did leave we would be the best chance for him imo, We've apparently got the money and Cowboys offer was pretty disrespectful.

Maybe he can't stand the Chads vlogs and wants out.
    Dearden could be the potential final piece of the puzzle that we're missing. Would there be any possibility of getting him any earlier aha

First Grader

Doubt it Appsy, I reckon NRL will be strict on that happening because everyone will try it, The other thing is we probably won't hear signings till the 15th or so with the new 2 week back flip or whatever clause till things are official.

Tonga A vs NZ A on now. Kini setting up the simple first try, Was that Francis who kicked it out on the full? I love a left foot kicker. Whenever Kini gets the fullback jersey, Him running off the back of Fifita and Fermor is going to be a cheat code.

Edit: Francis very much rocks right now, Two out on the full, He's a unit though.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 21-10-23 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    Doubt it Appsy, I reckon NRL will be strict on that happening because everyone will try it, The other thing is we probably won't hear signings till the 15th or so with the new 2 week back flip or whatever clause till things are official.

Tonga A vs NZ A on now. Kini setting up the simple first try, Was that Francis who kicked it out on the full? I love a left foot kicker. Whenever Kini gets the fullback jersey, Him running off the back of Fifita and Fermor is going to be a cheat code.

Edit: Francis very much rocks right now, Two out on the full, He's a unit though.
    Ill catch a replay later but why is Tony Francis kicking the ball at all lol

What position is he playing?

First Grader

Francis playing right wing