Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

King Henry had us training pretty hard I remember one pre-season (military camps etc) and he managed to get us into the 8 with a squad that was the wooden spoon favourites that season (helped by Parramatta being caught cheating)

And then not long after we sacked him for…..errr…..ummm….errrr….i don’t want to say it out loud.

Hint his initials are GB

If you read this Neil I’d just like to apologise again.
    Last edited by Mini GF; 04-02-24 at 04:36 PM.

Rep Player

Garryd Bayne?

Dor me our biggest concern is our spine, or more importantly our spine combination. You have :
    Kini
    Foran
    Weaver
    Boyd
    Campbell.
    Brimson(centres)
    Verrills.
    All players are capable, but the best combo is diffcult.
    I like
    Campbell
    Foran
    Weaver
    Verrills.
    I feel dirty for leaving boyd out, but gee weavers kicking and long passing game is solid. What are everyones thoughts?

First Grader

It'll be

jayden
    Foran
    Boyd
    Verrils

After hearing what brimmo said about Boyd I don't see him not starting. He apparently watches each week's game multiple times over to micro analyse himself so he can focus on getting better.

I think he will hold the spot for awhile if he's putting in that sort of effort, plus weaver needs more time to develop physically. Boyd defending next to brimmo is already making me concerned let alone weaver and brimmo

Put money on a shaun lane offload bonanza when he is running at that edge

I reckon Des won't use the "train hard" cliche out of context. Bodsie is right about Henry giving us that tougher edge and then getting shafted. I feel we are more skilled, more understanding of what's required and a sh!tload more on the same page as a squad than ever before.

Here's one for you fortune-tellers ... who has the compromising pictures of Des with a goat this year? Is it Clark or Klese getting too much game time? Is it Tannah, Foz or Dave not doing enough? What about AKP brain farts? How about Tino, Liu or BK not passing? Or even Mo or Fermie dropping the bludger?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

All the above T

JC & Fifita still not training unrestricted with the main group. Wonder if chances of them playing R1 are getting slim? Fifita is still within his timeline but JC was supposed to be integrated back with the main group a while ago now.

Interesting HS. I think Des knows what Fifita brings and probably won't risk him until he's ready, so no pre-season games and if JC is not ready then that helps him give both AJ a good run on the edge and Kini a big chance to show what he has. Either way not too horrible ... getting a bit excited now.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Wrap fifi in cotton wool until round one. And even then the dragons are dirty players that I would wanna protect ourselves from them anyways

Last time we played them round 2 they injured Verrills, Jojo and another player

Yeh we wont see fifi in the trials. I am feeling nervous for fermor though. I reallt hope he comes through unscathed.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Here's one for you fortune-tellers ... who has the compromising pictures of Des with a goat this year? Is it Clark or Klese getting too much game time? Is it Tannah, Foz or Dave not doing enough? What about AKP brain farts? How about Tino, Liu or BK not passing? Or even Mo or Fermie dropping the bludger?
    Well Des asked me to join him in the box but I politely declined. Keeping my powder dry.

Origin dream resumes after 'angry' period on the sidelines for Titans gun
    https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/

Gold Coast Titans second-rower Beau Fermor hopes to reach his dream of playing State of Origin football after spending all of last season on the sidelines with a serious knee injury.

Fermor was a standout for the Titans in what was an otherwise underwhelming 2022 campaign. The left edge forward was enjoying career-best form and finished the year as the club's leading try scorer with 11 tries in 23 games.

He was also rewarded with selection in Queensland's extended Origin squad for game two that year.

But disaster struck just days out from round one last year when Fermor ruptured his ACL at training, ruling him out for the entire 2023 season and putting his Origin aspirations on ice.

The injury marked the second serious knee injury for Fermor, after he ruptured his other ACL in 2019 when he was on the verge of making his NRL debut with the Knights.

"It was devastating," Fermor told Wide World of SportsWide World of Sports of his second ACL reconstruction.

"At the time I was pretty angry but as the year went on and I was getting through my rehab, I came to terms with it a bit.

"When the team wasn't going so well last year, sitting there on the sidelines and not being able to help was tough.

"It sucked — it was a long year — but I'm happy to be back."

Last week, Fermor was named amongst four uncapped players in Queensland coach Billy Slater's 34-man Maroons squad for a pre-season camp in Brisbane.

Beau Fermor during a Queensland Maroons' State of Origin training session in 2022. (Chris Hyde via Getty Images)
    Now, with months of recovery and a full pre-season under his belt, the 25-year-old is feeling confident ahead of the Titans' upcoming trial games against the Dolphins and the Eels.

"If there is a time [to tear your ACL], I'm glad I did it when I did it and then I get the whole pre-season to build up rather than trying to come back mid-year and play catch-up," he said.

"I've worked a lot on myself. It gave me an entire year in the gym so I feel like I'm a lot stronger now."

The long-term injury list is often an isolated place to be, however Fermor credits a special group of his teammates for keeping him on track.

"A big part of a long rehab, like an ACL injury, is the mental side of it. Having to sit there the whole year watching the boys and not being able to help them out," he said.

"I don't know if 'lucky' is the word to use, but I was lucky. I had a couple of boys in my long-term rehab group, we called ourselves the Bees Knees — it had Aaron Booth, who recently retired, and a young fella in our squad named Ben Liyou.

Beau Fermor of the Titans makes a break to score a try during the 2022 season. (Getty)
    "We all did our knees around similar times. So, I was lucky for the fact that I had a couple of rehab partners in them.

"It is a lonely time but we had each other. We bounced off each other when someone came in a bit flat, someone was there to pick you up."

With his injection back into the selection mix and with the arrival of new coach Des Hasler, Fermor has high hopes for the Titans in 2024.

"We want teams to wake up the next morning and know that they've played us," he said.

"We've been known in the past as a team that folds when it gets tough and we don't want to be like that anymore. We want to win those tough games, those games that go down to the wire.

"Some weeks we play really well and look like one of the best teams in the comp and then we can't back it up. So, I think we need to shorten the gap between our best and our worst games."

Fermor is expected to line up for the Titans in their round one match against the Dragons on March 9.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Rep Player

Any indication yet of whether Beau will play left or right side this year?

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Any indication yet of whether Beau will play left or right side this year?
    Most of the photo/video content looks like he's on the left. Small sample size though

First Grader

Ok, Now I'm really angry about this Alick situation.... HE'S NOT ON SUPERCOACH

Edit: He's finally included on Titans website and photos updated.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 08-02-24 at 11:52 AM.

First Grader

Him and AKP just got selected for the Indigenous All Stars squad, hopefully that gets him some more exposure haha