Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Predictably the Canberra Times have dredged-up the Fifita possibility … the circus gathers momentum.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

If it didn't happen the last dozen times it's not going to happen this time lol

The only feathers the DF contract details will ruffle will be those of the fans and the muck raking journo's. I bet Des and Dave have already had a long discussion about the future and have the matter settled. In saying that...Dave's money would be good to use for Dearden. (There you go, Petey Badel...run with it!!!) LOL

Question ; Is smoothing ruffled feathers the same as stroking someone's c**k??

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Predictably the Canberra Times have dredged-up the Fifita possibility … the circus gathers momentum.
    And Courier Mail today. It's like running articles on Gen Y v Boomers v Gen Z or opinions on daylight savings. Phoning it in to the news desk.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Some bloke on reddit reckons Dearden is meeting with us this week, anyone heard anything about this or is it likely just bs?

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Some bloke on reddit reckons Dearden is meeting with us this week, anyone heard anything about this or is it likely just bs?
    No idea but the club is so tight-lipped about recruitment these days.

The more I think about it, the more it makes a heap of sense. Whether he’s a 7 or not long term who knows but he’s a young emerging half who will play plenty more for QLD, and has some ties to the Gold Coast. Id be shocked if the club wasn’t taking a big swing especially given how rare it is to even have the opportunity to target a quality 6/7 on the market. Most clubs lock them up before they can even get there.

In saying that - I really don’t see him leaving NQ. He’s just got too many ties there, and he and JT (of the Thurston variety) share the same manager.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 16-11-23 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    No idea but the club is so tight-lipped about recruitment these days.

The more I think about it, the more it makes a heap of sense. Whether he’s a 7 or not long term who knows but he’s a young emerging half who will play plenty more for QLD, and has some ties to the Gold Coast. Id be shocked if the club wasn’t taking a big swing especially given how rare it is to even have the opportunity to target a quality 6/7 on the market. Most clubs lock them up before they can even get there.

In saying that - I really don’t see him leaving NQ. He’s just got too many ties there, and he and JT (of the Thurston variety) share the same manager.
    Yeah mate I initially thought he wouldn’t leave but it sounds like NQ has lowballed him quite a bit and his manager now said he’ll take plenty of time to explore his options. I know he felt quite disrespected by the Broncos when he was there and perhaps NQ’s offer may have rubbed him a similar way, if we go hard for him we could make him feel valued. I still expect him to stay in NQ but if he was interested in leaving I think we’d have a great chance with his GC connections.

It would make a lot of sense, to come in the year that Foran is leaving, and he has the ability to play both 6 and 7 and offer much of the same role and value from both positions. Most likely will continue to develop a kicking game and seems an absolute natural at dictating the game and its pace and looks like he could fit with any future half coming through whether they want to be the dominate first on the ball half or more of a secondary role.

First Grader

I've changed my mind on Luai lately to where I'd 100% be in on him even with the risk that he's probably hit his ceiling (Still only 26) but more for the attitude change I think he could seriously bring to this group to make them believe, Was surprised he has a fair bit better record then Cleary when one or the other is out. I think we're missing that guy in his prime coming that might lift us to serious contenders.

I'd be stoked with Dearden, Manu or Mam more but I hope we're having a look at Luai if he wants to leave Penrith and we have money. I think he has become nearly underrated this year due to circumstances. The Luai question coming up at press conference with Des out of nowhere seems a bit odd and Georgie Rose is a big fan of Des.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 16-11-23 at 10:14 PM.

Confirmation Spry is no longer with the club..

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...depart-titans/

Always wondered how clubs arrange to move players on like this without securing them another contract? Do we just pay them out on their contract, eat the cost to open up a roster spot? Seems like the logical move of course if the money isnt being spent otherwise but I cant see it happening any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Confirmation Spry is no longer with the club..

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2023/...depart-titans/
    I am super glad that he made comeback from his near death experience of being coward punched. But unfortunately, that is what caused him to fall behind in the ranks. I wish him the absolute best and hopes he kills it elsewhere.

So who is the best player to take Spry's place in the roster? Reimis Smith, Tass?

What about Rocco Berry? He's 191cm, only 22 and doesn't look too shabby. I haven't seen enough of him to know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    So who is the best player to take Spry's place in the roster? Reimis Smith, Tass?

What about Rocco Berry? He's 191cm, only 22 and doesn't look too shabby. I haven't seen enough of him to know for sure.
    I don’t think we need to immediately replace him tbh. Whether it’s even an OB we need is tbc as well depending on what they do with AJ I think

And none of those guys are off contract either mate. Wish it was as easy as online shopping for players haha

Thanks HS, I know but we can talk to them for 2025 and might jag an early deal. Especially if Smith is on the outer, Wighton is going to play left centre, etc.

Obviously, I get too excited about rosters but if it's the right option, it's never too early. Des will know.