Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Agree on Metcalf being the best of that lot but he'll come with a price and I'd be keener on buying centres if Jojo can't make the transition. I remember mdrew saying years ago that Francis has the makings of a good centre and I'd love to see that play out. Jojo and Francis are potentially destructive.

When Foz retires or is injured, JC should play 6 and develop his game as a back up 7, with Weaver our 7 this year. Aj can then be a back up 6. If JC and Weaver click in the halves, they can stay there and AJ can stay at centre. That's a perfect world. Big expectations on Weaver this year though with Boyd failing and reminds me of the pressure on Toby that didn't play out well. I hope Des looks after him (and I don't mean by selecting him each week no matter what). Someone else talked about Des' history with suboptimal halves in the past and I'm hoping he's still got it. If Hodgko and Josh Reynolds can play GFs, so can any combination of JC, Foz, AJ and Weaver, if he can learn to defend.

Also like Eisenhuth.

Almongst everything else, can we teach Tino how to goal kick?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

We need a 6'4 winger right now.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    We need a 6'4 winger right now.
    Coates would be handy as he has just scored one of the best tries ever. Just brilliant

First Grader

If only Ken Maumalo was 21 and not looking 51 most the time.

That was so ****ing insane....
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 19-03-24 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Any negativity about Weaver right now is extremely unfair. He’s a rookie half who isn’t playing as the game manager. He struggled in defence next to Beau but got a try assist with a good heads up play. What more was anyone expecting?
    Tend to agree with this. Good call

Metcalf just re-signed with the Warriors for another 2 years. Only mentioning it since we were just discussing available halves on the market a while ago.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 18-03-24 at 02:21 PM.

So should we make a play for Jackson Hastings, Lachlan Illias, Jack Cogger, Chanel Harris Tevita, Te Mare Martin?

Seems like some of these players haven't cemented a starting spot. Would be worth trying to do a player swap with some $$ to get a half back.

Eg Knights don't have outside backs, we got plenty...let's get a trade done. It was a win win last time we did this.

Let's face it Tanah isn't the man to lead us forward.

Rep Player

I’d go Cogger out of that lot tbh

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    So should we make a play for Jackson Hastings, Lachlan Illias, Jack Cogger, Chanel Harris Tevita, Te Mare Martin?

Seems like some of these players haven't cemented a starting spot. Would be worth trying to do a player swap with some $$ to get a half back.

Eg Knights don't have outside backs, we got plenty...let's get a trade done. It was a win win last time we did this.

Let's face it Tanah isn't the man to lead us forward.
    Mid, Arguably worse than Tanah, probably just a reserve grader but his performance in the GF was impressive, not a 7, not a 7. I agree about Tanah but none of those options are worth wasting time on either. We need to try make something work from within, which in my opinion would be Foz 7 Brimmo 6

Rep Player

CHT sucks balls

I personally would go after Cogger or Hastings myself. I feel they can at least level us up to the next tier. Let's face it there is not many tier 1 half-backs around. But to be competitive, we need someone which can organise and take control (which we do not have).

Rep Player

Why don’t we throw a Hail Mary and bring Sezer back

First Grader

Need to persevere with what we got this year but put JC in at 7. I think he could make a success at it. If that does not work out, I would go after Madden who can certainly steer a team around the field and has a good kicking game particularly seeing Reynolds is backing up again next year.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 20-03-24 at 10:58 PM.

Rep Player

Lachlan Ilias anyone?