Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
    First Grader

So a combination of Giteau and Sonny Bill according to Wiki and me not knowing what a 2nd five is. Sounds good to me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cowabunga View Post
    So a combination of Giteau and Sonny Bill according to Wiki and me not knowing what a 2nd five is. Sounds good to me.....
    I don't even know what a Giteau is.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    I don't even know what a Giteau is.
    Rugby tragic here ( up the mighty reds). If he is a combination of those two then that would be elite. We all know Sonny bill but Matt Giteau was an elite fly half (think 7) and inside centre. Pretty much a player who could do everything, defend hard and plug in across the field while racking up tries. At 39 he was still playing in LA a few years back in their major rugby league comp. TLDR: they see him as a playmaker that can also run and hit hard ala Joey Manu

Rep Player

Didn’t they say the same things about Spry

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Rugby tragic here ( up the mighty reds). If he is a combination of those two then that would be elite. We all know Sonny bill but Matt Giteau was an elite fly half (think 7) and inside centre. Pretty much a player who could do everything, defend hard and plug in across the field while racking up tries. At 39 he was still playing in LA a few years back in their major rugby league comp. TLDR: they see him as a playmaker that can also run and hit hard ala Joey Manu
    Cheers, mate! Sounds like a really good pick up. I hope he lives up to the hype!!

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Didn’t they say the same things about Spry
    What and when

lol, I was thinking of Matt’s father Ron of Raiders, Wests and Roosters fame … a generational thing.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    What and when
    I remember he was being compared to Latrell when he first came on the scene. Youngsters with an ounce of talent always get likened to the superstars.

I remember he was being compared to Latrell when he first came on the scene. Youngsters with an ounce of talent always get likened to the superstars.
    Remember kiah cooper? The next latrell. Spry? The next latrell. Taylor? The next Thurston

Media love hyping juniors up and then tearing them down when they don’t meet their lofty goals

Oh yeah any young indigenous kid gets paraded as the next Latrell or GI haha. Easy clicks for media

I think Cowa mentioned Sonny Bill and Giteau because the Wikipedia page for second five-eighth uses them as an example of players who played the position.

This kid might not even make it to Qcup level for all we know. CM would be saying he’s the next Joseph Manu if he was with the Broncos though lol

This and the overuse of “legends” and “stars” are really examples of poor journalism, as if we needed any.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    This and the overuse of “legends” and “stars” are really examples of poor journalism, as if we needed any.
    Journalism school must have a whole semester on hyperbole.

Happy New Year.
    Luke Garner-Bilambil Jets Junior, grew up on the Tweed.
    Maybe given we are his hometown we should throw a market value offer at him, nothing over the top and see.
    Excellent bench player or fringe first grader and injury cover type.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini GF View Post
    Happy New Year.
    Luke Garner-Bilambil Jets Junior, grew up on the Tweed.
    Maybe given we are his hometown we should throw a market value offer at him, nothing over the top and see.
    Excellent bench player or fringe first grader and injury cover type.
    Happy new year Bodsy

Hope you are well mate. You’re missed around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Happy new year Bodsy

Hope you are well mate. You’re missed around here.
    Gee HS, don't encourage him lol ... up yours too Bodsie, get back on the horse, missed like the Paki's slips cordon. On topic, do like Garner though.
    Last edited by Titanic; 04-01-24 at 08:38 PM.