Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Spry sounds like the guy des might have sent home for poor performance he’s been on a dev deal for quite a while now and we did right by him in all the recovery and admin roles to get him back on track but I think he’s just never kicked on post recovery and maybe he can’t

Very interesting that it was announced so immediately like this

First Grader

It's definetely not him and I think this would've happened a while ago, He was on a top 30 since last year as well.

Good luck to him, Not sure if he wants to keep playing footy but he was special with the ball at times.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 19-11-23 at 11:28 PM.

Good luck to Spry for whatever he chooses to do in the future. If it is footy, I'm sure some doors will open some where.

I'm relieved he has made such progress.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    Spry sounds like the guy des might have sent home for poor performance he’s been on a dev deal for quite a while now and we did right by him in all the recovery and admin roles to get him back on track but I think he’s just never kicked on post recovery and maybe he can’t

Very interesting that it was announced so immediately like this
    Not him, Spry been Top 30 for years now. This was as good as done a while ago but they've either just formalised or decided to announce it now

First Grader

Titans fullback AJ Brimson would support the club making a play for Dragons halfback Ben Hunt after the club freed up a spot in their top 30.

The Courier Mail reported the Titans have released Treymain Spry by mutual agreement, which opens up a spot in their 2024 squad.

While Hunt is contracted to the Dragons for the next two seasons, he has been open about his desire to return home to Queensland for family reasons.

Speaking with the Courier Mail, Brimson labelled Hunt a ‘freak’ and backed the club to go after him if he became available.

“He’s a good player, he is a freak,” Brimson said Per News Corp.

“Any team that he’s in, he’s going to help play finals and win a comp.

“I don’t think ‘Flanno’ (Shane Flanagan) is going to let him go. We’ll see. Funnier things have happened.”

The Titans have Tanah Boyd as their incumbent halfback Tanah Boyd at their club, while five-eighth Kieran Foran is likely entering the final year of his career.

23-year-old Boyd has played 60 NRL games for the Titans but only cemented the halfback role last season.

33-year-old Hunt has scored 80 tries in 312 games for the Broncos and Dragons since his debut in 2010 and has played 17 Origins for Queensland and 15 Tests for the Kangaroos.

A player of Hunt’s experience and ability in such a crucial position could be the last piece of Des Hasler’s premiership puzzle.
    Now that clown at our media conferences constantly talking about there being no halves at training makes more sense... Gotta create a story. CM AT THEIR FINEST.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 23-11-23 at 12:06 PM.

With Piakura and Riki signing this week, the second row options left on the market for 2025 are Luki and Sua. I'll stop banging on about signing a second rower now and just hope our young blokes come on.

But we could still sign a centre like Tass or Reimis Smith.

First Grader

Piakura is an absolute gun. Titans should have went after him imo

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    With Piakura and Riki signing this week, the second row options left on the market for 2025 are Luki and Sua. I'll stop banging on about signing a second rower now and just hope our young blokes come on.

But we could still sign a centre like Tass or Reimis Smith.
    Are you suggesting we let go of Fifita mate? Because if we're signing a Luki or a Su'a to the coin they'll be worth they'll have to be starters.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Are you suggesting we let go of Fifita mate? Because if we're signing a Luki or a Su'a to the coin they'll be worth they'll have to be starters.
    No mate. I just think we can do with an extra good quality backrower in the 30. I'm not sure what offers Sua or Luki will get but I wouldn't buy them until I see what we've got with the young blokes next year.

I actually think we need a centre more than a backrower though, so would be happy if our 30th is Reimis Smith or Tass.

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTitan View Post
    No mate. I just think we can do with an extra good quality backrower in the 30. I'm not sure what offers Sua or Luki will get but I wouldn't buy them until I see what we've got with the young blokes next year.

I actually think we need a centre more than a backrower though, so would be happy if our 30th is Reimis Smith or Tass.
    I think the extra back-rower that 1. We could afford 2. Would be happy as the third second-rower at best 3. Probably play off the bench 4. Would almost definitely not be a starter at his current club 5. Would even be available, would be something like Euan Aitken (is he even a 2RF these days?), Michael Chee-Kam, Brodie Jones, Karl Lawton, Corey Waddell, those types of players, Luki and Su'a are pipedreams unless you want to let Fifita go.

Frankly I don't think any of our young guys will be ready to play NRL minutes at 2R next year, Nikotemo and Hau are still easily a couple years away, Foran will need to show something in cup aswell. So untill then the rotation will have to be Fifita/Fermor w/ Alick as edge cover and then Stimson+Haas rounding out the depth chart.

Getting a centre probably suffocates the potential Brimson or Jojo moves to centre long-term and we would likely lose someone from the back 5, so if that's the sacrifice we are making it should probably be a fairly top level guy versus Reimis but I do like Tass.

Rep Player

We already have Stimson and Haas as backup 2RF

Yep but Stimson and Hass may not be with us in 2025.

NZF - I don't want anyone who is happy to not be in the 17. I want the whole 30 competing for spots with the belief that they can make it. I understand we have to have good depth players and we can't afford to have a 30 of top 17 wages but I think Sua is probably heading towards being a good depth player. Just my opinion. I don't know what he's asking but whatever it is I hope he gets it - unless he signs with us. By 2025, the young bucks might also negate even thinking about signing a second rower. That's ideal.

Getting Reimis or Tass into the centres (or even Reimis on a wing) could be the difference of making the 8 and going deep. I don't know what they're asking either. I'm just dreaming.

First Grader

It's a quick way to cook your cap as well and screw up the team for years and lose juniors. Panthers, Storm and now the Broncos are losing players but for a reason, You have to pick and choose who to keep. KH would be on a min contract, The guy who's replacing him is Seth Nikotemo if KH leaves who's also on a min contract probably. We can't afford blowing another 500k there on a player who won't start imo when we're spending 2m probably already with Fermor, Fifita and the reserves.

Sua is 26, He's going to be paid well as one of the best players at the Dragons when talent is so thin in the league, He's already on 5-600k and Flanagan will use him well and likes him.

It's the same in the centres, If we're moving AJ there we've moved 600k or so of the designated cap and potentially B.Kelly who's just re-signed the one missing out + Schoupp, If Kelly is our back up centre, Our depth there is in a great spot imo if Jojo gets the spot.
    Last edited by Cowabunga; 26-11-23 at 08:48 PM.

I know that I’m in the minority here but I really don’t think we HAVE to go to the player market right now. There isn’t a value for money player who would exceed what we have in our positions especially with out pathways

We are about to become a developmental club imo so we get to become really picky and choosy about where we put our money.

I’m excited for it

I’m with T0ken … we have invested seasons in giving our players experience and now we should be able to capitalize on that.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.